Some good music.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I found this song a couple of years ago, and while I like it quite a bit, I was haunted by the fact that it sounded eerily familiar.

It hit me today that it's lifted from one of my favorite Bjork songs.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
This is a haunting as fuck vibe. Tho bit sci-fi haunting. Like if Returnal's dead alien civilization had left music recording behind.

Full album;.

Some melancholic funky dream pop haunts.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
There's strange nostalgia feels from someone else's life hearing this. A bit weirded out, but keep playing it regardless.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The evolution of Autechre, one of my favorite musical duos. They started out very human, organic, and lush, and slowly but noticeably morphed into the glitchy and mechanical with the humanity fading into a machine. Their music has become harder and harder to "get" over the years, but I've found repeat and intent listens reveal the brilliance woven into the complexity of their creation. It's music I use to think, reflect, dissolve, and isolate. There's an often overwhelming austerity and/or melancholy to their music, and I love it.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Little known band:

I don't think anything will ever top The Fragile as a NIN album for me, but it's quite hard to rock out to.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Brit Electroooons

Dude, I love Burial. Thought I was the only one.

And you've introduced me to Lorn, who I now know signed with the same label as Flying Lotus, another of my favorites (I got to see him live a couple years ago in Dallas, fucking amazing.)

And more Autechre.

@XsjadoBlayde, are you on Spotify by any chance? We could share playlists!

XsjadoBlaydette

May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Dude, I love Burial. Thought I was the only one.

And you've introduced me to Lorn, who I now know signed with the same label as Flying Lotus, another of my favorites (I got to see him live a couple years ago in Dallas, fucking amazing.)

And more Autechre.

@XsjadoBlayde, are you on Spotify by any chance? We could share playlists!
Ah Flying Lotus I know of! A bit jealous to hear you seen them live too 😉 Only been using Spotify for podcasts when castbox is being uncooperative so far really. 😔 All my music is downloaded from various sources to be kept offline, away from ads, algorithms and the creeping chains of connection dependency, mainly cause am too often caught in places and situations without internet access. Have been kinda crap at making my own playlists too, there's hardly any management, tho have been attempting to apply more order lately. It's a mess I tells ya!

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ah Flying Lotus I know of! A bit jealous to hear you seen them live too 😉 Only been using Spotify for podcasts when castbox is being uncooperative so far really. 😔 All my music is downloaded from various sources to be kept offline, away from ads, algorithms and the creeping chains of connection dependency, mainly cause am too often caught in places and situations without internet access. Have been kinda crap at making my own playlists too, there's hardly any management, tho have been attempting to apply more order lately. It's a mess I tells ya!
I understand. I've been a sucker premium customer for Spotify for almost a decade, so haven't had to deal with ads in forever, but I understand those who prefer to avoid them. I'm just not tech savvy enough to find other avenues for my music streaming when, for their fee, Spotify offers pretty much everything I could possibly want (as well as a ton of stuff I've discovered I never knew I wanted.) Not to try and persuade you to buy Spotify, but there's the option to download anything on the app for offline listening; I do it all the time when I travel and internet access is wonky or entirely unavailable.

But, if you're at all interested, I can try to figure out how to share my playlist with you; you can riffle through and maybe find some gems since we've similar tastes in music.

XsjadoBlaydette

May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
I understand. I've been a sucker premium customer for Spotify for almost a decade, so haven't had to deal with ads in forever, but I understand those who prefer to avoid them. I'm just not tech savvy enough to find other avenues for my music streaming when, for their fee, Spotify offers pretty much everything I could possibly want (as well as a ton of stuff I've discovered I never knew I wanted.) Not to try and persuade you to buy Spotify, but there's the option to download anything on the app for offline listening; I do it all the time when I travel and internet access is wonky or entirely unavailable.

But, if you're at all interested, I can try to figure out how to share my playlist with you; you can riffle through and maybe find some gems since we've similar tastes in music.
One app that's useful especially for downloading anything that isn't on Spotify is one called Newpipe, basically lets you download anything from YouTube in whatever format and quality you want and plays no ads on anything either. There's numerous times when perusing obscure tracks I'd see comments asking or wishing for them to be on Spotify, so I kinda also internalised that as Spotify not being able or willing to provide exposure for the artists who fall through the cracks. Tho seeing as I already use it for me common-as-fuck Kathy Burke: Where There's a Will There's a Wake podcast, I see no issue with expanding and connecting for sure with your eclectic collection of unexpected music tastes, once it's figured out how to do! If it helps, my profile name on there is the same is this profile name, handily. Ain't paying for any more subscriptions tho, hah! Already money subbed to 2 podcasts as is it! 😉

-

Unrelated bit of jazz jam I just come across.

And soft sounds with jarring finish.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlaydette

May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Sorry, too many posts from me already, just last one, first heard today a pleasant funky instrumental album with some kinda cute 60s-70s carnival ghost ride sounds helped with sinking into a better mood;

That channel posts far too much bland stoner rock, but when it ventures elsewhere the results tend to be more appealing.

-

Don't ask.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Going through my old mp3 collection from pre-streaming music