Someone recommend me a good anime

Marble Dragon

Mar 11, 2009
Try Durarara. It's an amazing show, with a fair amount of violence. It makes gang wars awesome, and manages to be deep and awesome at the same time. Most things, I've found, can't pull that off. Oh, and it has the best motorcycle helmet ever.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
LawlessSquirrel said:
Perhaps Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. Watch the first arc (4 eps) before judging it.
Oh hell yes. This or Ergo Proxy.
Then again, those are the only two animes I've seen, but they both kick ass xD

icame

Aug 4, 2010
If you'll accept movies go watch everything done by studio ghibli, ESPECIALLY spirited away and princess mononoke

Morbira

Nov 28, 2009
Panty and Stocking with Garter Belt. Everything else simply pales in comparison.

Poofs

Nov 16, 2009
Bleach
High School of the Dead
Demon King Daimao

atleast thats what i watch

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is amazing but it will ruin you for all other anime. nothing can compare to the last three episodes that took up 40% of the shows budget (allegedly)

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Morbira said:
Panty and Stocking with Garter Belt. Everything else simply pales in comparison.
I think Panty and Stocking has become the only anime beside maybe Gurren Lagann (which is made by the same company) to become a meme within itself. Also it seems to be able to out-weird itself every week.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
dashiz94 said:
Yes it's another one of these threads. Anyway, I recently discovered this show called Gantz and it looks really good so I'm going to be checking that out. Anyway, does anyone else know of good anime shows that have a decent amount of violence?

I'm also going to check out Deathnote when I get my fat ass up off the couch.
If you're already at the computer while (presumably) still sitting on the couch with your "fat ass", then why would you need to get your "fat ass" off the couch to watch Death Note?

Nihilism_Is_Bliss

Oct 27, 2009
Yeah Gantz is really good.

Personal favourites include stuff like Ergo Proxy, Mushishi, and Seto no Hanayome.
If you are looking for a movie BUY REDLINE AS SOON AS YOU CAN or watch Summer Wars.

Fullmetal Alchemist is really popular, but a bit overrated. Deathnote is definitely worth a try, as is Code Geass (probably especially if you like Deathnote. I'd probably go so far as to say the Code Geass anime is slightly better than the Deathnote Anime actually).

Thats some more generally likeable stuff out of my favourites list though. If I knew your taste I could recommend more obscure series'.

And if you're new to the genre then don't let people tell you not to watch something if you think it looks interesting!! Anime is extremely versatile so it attracts many people of many tastes.
Especially don't let people turn you off Shounen anime! I probably prefer Seinen myself, but shounen takes way too much crap!
Anime doesn't have to be incredible mentally stimulating to be a fun watch! Bleach and Dragon Ball Z FTW!!! WOOO!

imgunagitusucka

Apr 20, 2010
Am I just old or does Ninja Scroll not count because they are movies and not a series. The first Ninja Scroll was, is and will always be the best anime movie ever made.

Ziegg

Oct 29, 2010
Anything Ghost in the Shell is really good to be honest. The original movie is by far one of the best things to have ever come out of anime period and the other movies are quite good as well. There are two series which are both good but I found the second series 'Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig' to be better than the first.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
runedeadthA said:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

This is what the entry in Tvtropes "Beyond the impossible" was named for. SO over the top and awesome! Robots! Explosions! Hot chicks! Woooooo!
Ach! Ninja'd!

OT: Damn it! I have been ninja'd so much i wonder if i even should post this...

Check out Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood. It follows the manga more and I think it's better then the first one.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
Fraught said:
dashiz94 said:
Yes it's another one of these threads. Anyway, I recently discovered this show called Gantz and it looks really good so I'm going to be checking that out. Anyway, does anyone else know of good anime shows that have a decent amount of violence?

I'm also going to check out Deathnote when I get my fat ass up off the couch.
If you're already at the computer while (presumably) still sitting on the couch with your "fat ass", then why would you need to get your "fat ass" off the couch to watch Death Note?
That was my attempt at a bad joke :p

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
I haven't watched it personally but I've heard Claymore is pretty violent. IDK I mainly go for comedy anime.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
These recommendations are nothing more than my opinion, so it's up to you if you want to watch them.

Ghost Stories English Dub. (You will laugh)

Clannad. (If your looking for a drama with light hearted comedy, but trust me you will cry, I know I did.)

If you haven't seen Akira yet, I suggest you give some time for it.

Pani Poni Dash It's random but funny.

Finally a few more recommendations.

Code Geass
Gantz
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Eden of the east
Higurashi no naku koro ni, plus the sequels kai and rei.
Fairy Tail
Hitman Reborn

Oh one more before I end this post

Also it has an excellent dub.