Son Stabs Father Over FIFA 09

Apr 28, 2008
iamq said:
Irridium said:
Wow, I know Europeans get kind of batshit insane when it comes to football(Soccer), but... wow.
Every single country in europe?

I thought only the brittish went nuts over football.
Oh no, its pretty much all of the world, except North America.

And as the oh so credible source of Wikipedia points out, it even sparked a war [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_War].

It wasn't the sole reason, but more of a "straw that broke the camel's back" type thing.

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Son Stabs Father Over FIFA 09

"Mario is obsessed," his mother said. "He's forever playing on his PlayStation, and we bought him FIFA 2009 because we didn't want him playing violent games."

Oh, the irony. You could cut it, as they say, with a knife.

via: GamePolitics [http://gamepolitics.com/2010/01/25/argument-over-fifa-ps3-tactics-leads-stabbing]

This is the greatest piece of irony to ever exist. Seriously.

That is all.

dead_rebel

Jan 13, 2010
Oh no, looks like Australians might have their soccer boxes without the shiny pearlies of Rooney and Ronaldo. Looking into those eyes might be enough to never awaken from the abyss.

Sep 13, 2009
Auggh I hate when how whenever someone acts violently while playing a videogame it is automatically the videogame's fault. Videogames don't automatically turn a friendly straight A student into a axe murdering psycopath, you have to assume that there's at least a bit of mental disarray beforehand.

Although I am glad about how this will affect the whole "violent videogames cause violence" argument.

Ben Jamin

Apr 15, 2009
Damn it. If this finds it's way to Atkinson...
"See even non-violent video games like FIFA can trigger violence, how do you think games like Grand Theft Auto will effect the population?"

I hope to God his ignorance also covers this.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
What in the world is going on today with teenagers? Have they all lost their mind because of a stupid videogame?

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
then again If I got a stupid soccer game for my birthday I would be pissed too.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
iamq said:
Irridium said:
Wow, I know Europeans get kind of batshit insane when it comes to football(Soccer), but... wow.
Every single country in europe?

I thought only the brittish went nuts over football.
They start fires in the stands in Germany.

Jezzy54

Oct 19, 2008
I'm just glad the father's still alive. By the way, the mother doesn't sound too bright.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
I wish I had parents that cared what I was doing enough to comment on it and make friendly suggestions.

What a douche.

Penitent

Oct 25, 2008
The father survived the attack? Oh thank god! I had assumed the man was killed in the attack. I'm just glad he's alright.

As for the child and videogame controversy, to be honest, I'm okay with the parents blaming videogames here. It wasn't the cause, I know, the son's immaturity and lack of self-restraint are, along with other possible factors, but some bitterness towards it is understandable, when he looked out for him like. Gifts are meant to bring people joy, not anger. I hope the child will grow up into a kinder, more mature person anyway. Don't want to make a habit of this.