Sony Admits Private PSN Info Has Been Stolen - All Of It

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
While Sony should have had better protection of this, I love how so many are blaming them and not the hackers...

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Korten12 said:
While Sony should have had better protection of this, I love how so many are blaming them and not the hackers...
How do you leave such a glaring fault in the system? Honestly when all your information gets stolen and you don't see that can happen thats a problem on the companies end I think. Again bright side, hackers/pirates showed it and now Sony has to get their system together.

SlayerN

8th Place
Nov 26, 2009
I hope and pray some hacker group like anonymous is behind this.
If thats the case this is all just show how far they can go and they will leave all of the credit cards and accounts alone.

zxBARRICADExz

Aug 28, 2009
shoulda bought a 360 :O

dont get me wrong... i love my ps3's games.. but the security of the 360 and XBL is quite alot more hardcore than the PSN..

hopefully they upgrade it to deflect lazers from the eyes of satan once it's back up and running..

PS... i hope sony burns in a courtroom for this... and then has LG and MS urinate on the ashes :)

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
How ridiculous of me to be actually worried about this when I knew I was putting all of my data into a computer.

Lesson learned. I'm deleting all my data after every purchase from now on.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
no credit cards and the only info on there i think is where i live
my password is different for all of them i can't recall what i put my psn password as hopefully it'll let me change it when i log in

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
beema said:
Thanks Sony, you blithering idiots.

I smell a class action brewing

You know how people used to be paranoid/resistant to joining digital services like this and buying things through them?

Yeah, this is why.
It would be interesting to see a class-action suit go around this. If there is put my name on the list.

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
Awexsome said:
Online criminals who wouldn't have been able to do this without the help of Geohotz. And "hackers" those hackers are the criminals. They are one and the same. Period.
haha, seriously? Just because the verb describing what Geohot has done is the same used to describe infomation theft now he's responsible for this?

bbad89

Jan 1, 2011
A few weeks ago: Let's all support the hackers guys! They'll fight for our rights!
Now: They hacked Sony's servers, stole all our information, and will probably use it to buy stuff. Geohotz is a moron, he deserves to get blamed for all this.

insanelich

Reportable Offender
Sep 3, 2008
Awexsome said:
insanelich said:
Awexsome said:
Good ol' hackers. Fighting for your consumer rights against the evil corporation that takes away your rights...

Oh wait they have been douchebags the whole time in this case. Nevermind. Fuck you Geohotz for probably causing all this by releasing that code. If not then you certainly encouraged it.
So you're blaming Geohot and "hackers"... for stealing your credit card data? Hah.

Nope, matey. This is just good old fashioned online criminals.
Online criminals who wouldn't have been able to do this without the help of Geohotz. And "hackers" those hackers are the criminals. They are one and the same. Period.
Okay, so you got any evidence of these accusations?

Or any evidence at all to support your outlandish claims? No? Thought so.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I have one thing to say about this: FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Torque669 said:
EcksTeaSea said:
Yes, it was Sony who put PSN down and stole all your credit card information. They basically gave the info away, right?

No they didn't, it got HACKED, I.E gotten through illegitimate means.. Sony can't do anything about it, and that's why PSN is down and they're designing a new network now.

Is it 'Sony stole your credit card information'? No. It's 'Hackers stole your credit card information'.

Besides, if you do believe it's Sony's fault, you're the one who gave them the credit card information in the first place.. (yes I know that's a fallacy but think about it :p)

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Korten12 said:
THIS. THISTHISSOMUCHTHIS. WHAT THE FUCK. THE AMOUNT OF THIS IS SO MUCH TRUTH THAT IT IS SUPER THIS, GUYS.

Fucking idiots.. If you're blaming Sony for this, you're retarded. Plain and simple. Hackers need to shut the fuck up and stop being malicious thieves..

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
As a 360 owner I was amused by all this until a week ago. Now it's just gone too far, bloody hackers (if it was them (and if it was them please don't hack me))

Spencer Petersen

Apr 3, 2010
Sebster 105 said:
I still think it's the retards at Anon
and to think a fortnight ago they were all "We're on your side, really"

I know Anon said it wasn't them but who buys that?
Guilty until proven innocent I suppose