Sony: Big Titles Coming to PSP This Year

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
As long as I can buy them in stores I'm happy. Guess getting a psp was a good idea in the end.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I already have my "To Buy" list ready and know what to expect so far. Hopefully there are still a few unannounced titles to add to the list. I have no idea why there is so much negativity here, many people from the sounds of it don't even bother looking and spout the same tired old statement of not finding anything worth while. Sucks for you guys then, pretty easy to find great games.

Green Tentacle said:
Apart from MGS: Peace Walker, there's nothing else good.

If only there was a new Monster Hunter.
There is a new "Monster Hunter" coming, it's called God Eater [http://psp.ign.com/objects/018/018825.html]

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Andronicus said:
Christemo said:
MetaKnight19 said:
The only game I'm planning on getting for the PSP is Half-Minute Hero
you are aware that HMH has been out since October, right?
Only in America. It was only released 2 days ago in Europe, on the 19th of Feb. Denmark is in the PAL region, isn't it? I thought someone like you would have picked up on that.
Denmark is in the PAL region, yes, but:

1. i thought it was released everywhere at the same time.
2. the game never really interested me, so i didnt keep up on it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Be nice to see some reason to dig my PSP out again for something other than Dissidia XD

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I refuse to take this seriously until the word big is in Cap Locks every time it is used.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well, my opinion on the PSP has not changed. I do not care for a system that is totally based on digital downloads. Unless they also release those "big, big titles" on UMD I will wind up having little to no interest, despite liking the fact that the PSP was a haven for some rather cool RPG games.

I suspect this is a big part of why the Go was received the way it was too, despite all attempts to sell digitally downloaded games, they really don't benefit the consumer much as
I (and others) have pointed out before. The bottom line is I'll stick with my disc based PSP.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Christemo said:
Andronicus said:
Christemo said:
MetaKnight19 said:
The only game I'm planning on getting for the PSP is Half-Minute Hero
you are aware that HMH has been out since October, right?
Only in America. It was only released 2 days ago in Europe, on the 19th of Feb. Denmark is in the PAL region, isn't it? I thought someone like you would have picked up on that.
Denmark is in the PAL region, yes, but:

1. i thought it was released everywhere at the same time.
2. the game never really interested me, so i didnt keep up on it.
I think as a general rule you should assume that PAL will always be the last to receive a game, especially if you live in Australia. While PAL has managed to catch up a bit in recent years, even 4 months is an exceptionally long wait for something that will ultimately be pretty much exactly the same as the NA version. I hate it.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
The only PSP game I'm looking for to at the moment is Peace Walker.

Nicolai

Jan 13, 2009
Green Tentacle said:
If only there was a new Monster Hunter.
There's vague talk of Monster Hunter Portable 3, as well as tri for the Wii, Frontier for the XBOX 360 in Asia (Which might mean a version in English).

Meanwhile Japan has recently gone crazy for God Eater, which is being touted as a similar game, so if/when that makes an appearance in the West, be sure to check that out to soothe the cravings.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Fuck all that, the most important thing coming out:

PERSONA 3 PORTABLE! (I am buying a PSP (not a PSP GO becuase I, for one, have brain cells) in July for that specifically)

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Meh, I usually don't keep up with handheld titles at all so both the PSP and DS selections look pathetically small to me. Though I am interested in MGS: Peacewalker among other things, I don't think I'll be buying a PSP anytime soon mainly due to laziness and the regret I have with buying my DS in the first place.

Guess I'm not much of a handheld gamer.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Pyromaniac1337 said:
Alright, Dyer, shut the fuck up. Nobody likes you or Sony anymore.
Thank you Mr. Troll. Now I believe your bridge is getting cold. Please gtfo ASAP.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Armored Core remakes coming out. The PSP style controls will be weird to adapt to, but I'll adjust.