Sony: Big Titles Coming to PSP This Year

Mako SOLDIER

Dec 13, 2008
My bet is that, with Square-Enix hinting at some much-anticipated output, we'll see the concluding chapter in the Compilation of FFVII on the PSP this year. Mainly because the graphics in Crisis Core were excellent for the PSP but would be ropey on PS3, and we all know how Squeenix insist upon graphical superiority, yet I'd imagine they don't plan to spend another 3 years working on it.

But anyway, maybe it's just wishful thinking.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
xyrafhoan said:
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Fuck all that, the most important thing coming out:

PERSONA 3 PORTABLE! (I am buying a PSP (not a PSP GO becuase I, for one, have brain cells) in July for that specifically)
I wish they hadn't remade Persona 3 before Persona 2 Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment, but it is a title that I'm looking forward to if only because SOCIAL LINKS SOCIAL LINKS SOCIAL LINKS. However, the remake of the first Persona game was my driving reason to buy a PSP, as well as the downloadable PS1 games and mp3 player functionality. My edition also happened to come with Assassin's Creed but I'm not really a fan of those types of games... Still, the PSP games rack always looks so barren compared to the DS shelf and aside from remakes of old games, I have no idea of what to buy for my PSP.

On a side note, my Assassin's Creed edition PSP is white and sparkles in the sun. They might as well call it the Twilight bundle.
From what I know they have no intention of making a Persona 2 portable largely because of questionable content on the game (lesbians I think). I believe it wasn't even released in America at all.

Diddy_King

Jul 9, 2009
No one has mentioned Persona 3 yet :p!!! Though to be honest I would much prefer a remake of Persona 2 on the PSP, as I don't want to spend 80 dollars to experience that game. I don't keep track of releases on the portables, I like the feeling of being surprised when I see them in store. The only exception to this rule is Yugioh TCG on DS. 2 days till WC 2010 :p.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
pantsoffdanceoff said:
xyrafhoan said:
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Fuck all that, the most important thing coming out:

PERSONA 3 PORTABLE! (I am buying a PSP (not a PSP GO becuase I, for one, have brain cells) in July for that specifically)
I wish they hadn't remade Persona 3 before Persona 2 Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment, but it is a title that I'm looking forward to if only because SOCIAL LINKS SOCIAL LINKS SOCIAL LINKS. However, the remake of the first Persona game was my driving reason to buy a PSP, as well as the downloadable PS1 games and mp3 player functionality. My edition also happened to come with Assassin's Creed but I'm not really a fan of those types of games... Still, the PSP games rack always looks so barren compared to the DS shelf and aside from remakes of old games, I have no idea of what to buy for my PSP.

On a side note, my Assassin's Creed edition PSP is white and sparkles in the sun. They might as well call it the Twilight bundle.
From what I know they have no intention of making a Persona 2 portable largely because of questionable content on the game (lesbians I think). I believe it wasn't even released in America at all.
Actually Persona 2: Innocent Sin had gays, not lesbians, and also featured Hitler back from the dead. And back in the day, Atlus gave us a complete butchery of Persona and probably had no idea about how to cater to the North American market. And then they launched Eternal Punishment with a localization halfway between Revelations: Persona and what we have now.

But I did hear that Atlus might be working on a rerelease of the first Devil Summoner game, another PS1 game that was never released in North America, although I have no idea if it's slated for the PSP or the DS.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
A whole article and some input by an Escapist's News Room Contributor about the line-up of the Sony PSP for 2010, and no single mention of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep?!

MADNESS!11!

tmujir955 said:
-Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep snip-
I LOVE YOU!

No, really. I fucking love Kingdom Hearts, and Birth By Sleep is by far my most-waited game for the console.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Peace Walker and Birth By Sleep.

All I care about now.

Hell, I only own 4 games for the damn thing.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Bloody Crimson said:
AceDiamond said:
Bloody Crimson said:
Pyromaniac1337 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Pyromaniac1337 said:
Alright, Dyer, shut the fuck up. Nobody likes you or Sony anymore.
Thank you Mr. Troll. Now I believe your bridge is getting cold. Please gtfo ASAP.
Um, excuse me? I'm stating a fact: When it comes to Public Image, nobody likes Sony.
Tell that to everyone on Playstation.com forums. I'm sure they hate Sony. *chuckle*
Fanboys are not an accurate representation.
Oh gee, thanks for ripping through my argument...-_-""" Well fanboys make up alot of Sony fans.
I'm just saying using Sony's main forums for Sony customers is not the best way to make your point. Of course they're going to like it, I highly doubt those forums are 90% trolls.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
When I read the title, I thought it said "Big Titties coming to PSP this year". I am very disappointed.

My PSP has been running Dissidia pretty much non-stop for about 2 months, and I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy Agito 13.

Bloody Crimson

Sep 3, 2009
AceDiamond said:
Bloody Crimson said:
AceDiamond said:
Bloody Crimson said:
Pyromaniac1337 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Pyromaniac1337 said:
Alright, Dyer, shut the fuck up. Nobody likes you or Sony anymore.
Thank you Mr. Troll. Now I believe your bridge is getting cold. Please gtfo ASAP.
Um, excuse me? I'm stating a fact: When it comes to Public Image, nobody likes Sony.
Tell that to everyone on Playstation.com forums. I'm sure they hate Sony. *chuckle*
Fanboys are not an accurate representation.
Oh gee, thanks for ripping through my argument...-_-""" Well fanboys make up alot of Sony fans.
I'm just saying using Sony's main forums for Sony customers is not the best way to make your point. Of course they're going to like it, I highly doubt those forums are 90% trolls.
Oh I'm just on the PSP boards. They're some good mature people. Well you do make a good point.