Sony Could Interrupt Your Games With Ads

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
I'd like to think that sony wouldn't be dumb enough to include something so intrusive... but seeing how America is basically owned by corporations... who's to say they can't buy out our entertainment too?

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Obviously no one would really get behind this idea, myself included.

Ads playing during a games loading screens seems like an eventuality though. Along side clear product placement in game. Both of which really wouldn't ruin a gaming experience for me.

soh45400

Jun 1, 2012
if it gets games cheaper and doesn't interrupt the actual action(imagine the Favila level of MW2, or Arkham City's deamon trails or any good boss fight being interrupted by adverts) then it is fine.
A better idea would be in game adverts before multiplayer matches or within the game itself like Alan Wake's Verzion or Engergizer refrences or putting actual ads, which may be updated whenever the game is connected to the internet, on billboards in games like Saints Row or GTA or Prototype or Infamous.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
i swear to FUCKING GOD if i get a commercial in the middle of a game, im going to get in touch with some old friends so they can hack the damn commercials away!

Captcha: "bigger in texas"...mokay....

SilentVirus

Jul 23, 2009
I don't see a problem with ads. If it's before or after a game, sure. Even if it's as I power my console on or turn it off, I see an ad. But putting one AS the game is in progress...no...just...don't...

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Wow this is such a dick move, I'm glad I have a 360. This is just pure greedy bullshit, like they don't make enough money already.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I don't mind.
As long as they cut the price of games down by 75%. Then I'd fully support this retarded idea.

Also, gief some Best Brand Soda!

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
As long at the game comes down in price... but a fucking massive margin then go ahead (not that I actually agree with it)

Otherwise it's like me paying my TV licence and the BBC deciding to advertise Pepsi.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Okay. Sony? I think you're suffering from a logical fallacy here. I understand that Microsoft is A) an exceptionally hated company and B) a de-facto monopoly, but the first does not lead to the second.

But I'll tell ya what, Sony. Until you patent "not buying anything from Sony" and charge me a licensing fee to do so, that's just what I'll be doing.

Webb5432

Jul 21, 2009
Crono1973 said:
LifeMakesMeLOL said:
Crono1973 said:
jbm1986 said:
Crono1973 said:
snip

Your tolerance will be taken advantage of sooner or later.
^this.

DO.NOT.WANT!

For the people who say "I don't care" you are letting them get away with this crap. It need to be stopped RIGHT NOW or it'll only get worse. I don't care if it's in the loading screen it does not belong in gaming. If the Mona Lisa had a pepsi logo placed in the painting, wouldn't that ruin it? And aren't games art? Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they added soda/pop can NPCs into the game...
Absolutely, when you buy a DVD set for $60 (or any price) you pay to watch the shows without ads. It's the same with a game. Why in the fuck would anyone pay $60 for a game and allow ads?
Except there are ads in the beginning of DVDs and sometimes product placement throughout the movie. As long as the game is set in the real world, it wouldn't ruin anything for me if I saw Doritos on the loading screen or some NPCs drinking Coca-Cola.
This is about Sony interrupting games like ads do on TV and DVD sets don't do that. Besides, the ads at the beginning of DVD's can be skipped.
I agree with Crono. I'd be okay if there were some "Coming Soon" ads at the beginning of the game that could be skipped. Actually, I think it would be a great way to help get people excited for other games. But they have to be able to be skipped. There must be a choice available. Forcing a videogame to stop so you can play a commercial to me is like buying a dvd that stops every ten minutes to bring you five minutes of commercials. And you cannot skip them. There is advertisement to bring about awareness of a product, which you see in the "coming soon" section of a dvd or bluray, and then there is this forced commercial thing. It's pretty ridiculous.