Sony: ICO/Colossus Collection Includes "Amazing Bonus Content"

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Sony: ICO/Colossus Collection Includes "Amazing Bonus Content"

When you drop $40 on ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection this September, you're purchasing more than just two classic adventures.

Don't get me wrong, the two titular games are the big draw here. Both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus have been "re-mastered to support full 1080p HD resolution for a stunning, razor-sharp presentation, as well as full stereoscopic 3D support to bring the games to life in a brand new dimension." [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/07/coming-this-september-the-ico-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection-for-ps3/]

Likewise, each game now features 7.1 surround sound, and the entire package fits on a single PlayStation 3-compatible Blu-Ray disc. For $40, that's a pretty solid investment, particularly if you missed the two games when they were first released on the PlayStation 2.

This is the point where you imagine Sony's official PlayStation Blog as a late-night infomercial, and Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn as a slick, Billy Mays-style pitchman. You're almost sold on the title, when, from out of nowhere he shouts, "but that's not all!"

According to Sony, the awkwardly titled ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection will also include "some amazing bonus content." To wit:

Packed in every new copy of the game will be a voucher for two XMB Dynamic Themes, one for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus. In addition, on the disc itself will be a ton of exclusive video content from ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian that fans won't want to miss. We're busy finalizing the videos as we speak, and will have more details to share next month.

Unfortunately Dunn is as coy as he is canny, and offers no details on what exactly is included in this "video content." Still, footage from the upcoming The Last Guardian should be enough to sell the game to a number of hardcore fans all by itself.

The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection hits retail shelves on September 27.

Source: PlayStation.blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/20/bonus-content-comes-to-ico-and-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29]

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Hmmm, now I already have he ps2 versions.....

Yeah I'm gonna need to get these too. They look awesome :D

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Finally.

I'm not fond of buying the same games twice, so a little extra to say you are actually getting something new is welcome.

Jan 27, 2011
Yeah, yeah yeah, whatever.

Just tell me when I can BUY the damn games already! I've been waiting on this ever since they've been freakin announced! You don't need to sell me anymore than I already am!

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
I've played Shadow of the Colossus on my friends PS2 but I don't own it so I was already going to get it, sounds like a good deal though.

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
Hot damn, I am so looking forward to playing SotC and ICO in HD with no framerate drops! SotC is one of my favourite games of all time. I hope this bonus content includes the "Making Of" video for SotC that was included in only the European version! This was a really interesting video that you can only find on YouTube unless you own the Euro version.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make that Collection for computer as well.
Pleeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash.

I don't own a PS3 and I don't plan on buying one.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Keeping a veeeery keen eye on these two games. Even without the bonus content, this was always going to be a sure fire purchase

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
GaltarDude1138 said:
Good god, must I continually use this?

What Fry said. Dammit, my wallet it gonna be DEAD this year. Skyrim, Prey 2, ICO Collection, the Oblivion Anniversary Edition... *sigh* :c

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
tanis1lionheart said:
It's times like these that I hate having a 360.

>_>
If it makes you feel any better, the games aren't as perfect as people say they are.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Do they really need to give me any more reasons to buy this?

Just give me the damn game already!!

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Even though I have both on PS2, I've still had this pre-ordered for over a year now. I really can't wait to get them.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I don't have a PS3, but I'd still buy it. As it was already posted before: "Shut up and take my money!".

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
This is the point where you imagine Sony's official PlayStation Blog as a late-night infomercial, and Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn as a slick, Billy Mays-style pitchman.
Oh! Billy Mays, how we miss you...

Rest in peace, you beautiful, beautiful beard...

OT:
GaltarDude1138 said:
Good god, must I continually use this?

Yeah, what he said. This holiday season is going to be packed.