Sony: ICO/Colossus Collection Includes "Amazing Bonus Content"

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
FoolKiller said:
I wonder if we'll ever find out what Yorda's saying?

We can only hope.
From what I hear, it's going to be added. The NA release got shafted in regards to features (...and boxart) so the collection will be what they got in Europe. That includes the 2P co-op, the different puzzles, the watermelon ending (hasn't been mentioned, but we can assume), and Yorda's subtitles. I think the subs and co-op are ony unlocked after you beat the game once, but I'm just going by what I heard from people across the pond.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
article said:
Both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus have been "re-mastered to support full 1080p HD resolution for a stunning, razor-sharp presentation, as well as full stereoscopic 3D support to bring the games to life in a brand new dimension."

Likewise, each game now features 7.1 surround sound, and the entire package fits on a single PlayStation 3-compatible Blu-Ray disc. For $40, that's a pretty solid investment, particularly if you missed the two games when they were first released on the PlayStation 2.
Holy shit. I am definitely buying this on release date.

GaltarDude1138 said:
Good god, must I continually use this?

Truer words have never been spoken.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
DO WANT!

That is all.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
I didn't get the games the first time, so having them both together for $40 total was enough for me. This is just icing on the cake.

brinvixen

Mar 3, 2011
SO. EFFING. PUMPED. This is pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward to buying for the rest of this year. I played Colossus for a brief couple of hours, because I never owned the game myself, and only played a friend's copy, so I can't wait to get my hands on it and play it fully. ICO is more of the bonus for me than the actual bonus content.

Wrds

Dyslexic Wonder
Sep 4, 2008
GaltarDude1138 said:
Good god, must I continually use this?

Excuse me while I add absolutely nothing to the conversation and let my inner fanboy run free for a moment. I agree with this post.

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011

"HI , I'M BILLY MAY , AND I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU FOR A MINUTE ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF ICO & SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS HD COLLECTION FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3"

now try to read that with his voice in your mind. :p

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
A game costing $40 ON RELEASE DAY?
Let alone fucking ICO & SOTC COLLECTION?

(D'oh. If I had know the release date was finalized, I would've pre-ordered it when I went in to EB Games today.)

pieguy259

Dec 25, 2008
"When you drop $40 on ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection this September, you're purchasing more than just two classic adventures."

Don't you mean $109.95?

I think you mean $109.95.

It will cost $109.95 here, as inevitably as the tides.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
aegix drakan said:
Yeah, yeah yeah, whatever.

Just tell me when I can BUY the damn games already! I've been waiting on this ever since they've been freakin announced! You don't need to sell me anymore than I already am!
i think he just said september

OT: i can't wait to get this. ever since my ps2 broke, i've been wanting to play shadow of the colossus, and i've never played ico, but since it's the same guys, it has to be good. plus the extra stuff, there's no reason for me not to get it

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Huh, I got both games for free on PS2. ICO came in a cardboard sleeve with newspaper and Shadow of the Colossus came free in a cardboard sleeve in a now discontinued gaming magazine.

Cannot wait to have them on PS3 though!

Dranae

Apr 19, 2011
I swear to god the collection had better include a bonus 17th colossus or the past six years spent poring over every tiny detail will have been wasted.

And, for the first time in five years, I have decided I am buying a PS3.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Wait. $40? Just a second here...

Oh nevermind, I thought they had sneaked a price upgrade by us. Turns out it was always $40.

I can't think of any reason NOT to get this, unlike the Silent Hill HD Collection which causes physical pain whenever I think of it. The Last Guardian is probably coming my way too, although unlike many, just because I'm in love with the last two doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to buy a new one.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
They had me with the games themselves. Never had the chance to play either but I feel it's my duty to do so. Now if they could speed up the release, that'd be great.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
curses! it's going to be SO HARD finding a used copy of this with the dynamic themes still unused!

on the other hand, MOTHEREFFIN Ico and Shadow of the Colossus!

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
I'm eager to buy the collection since I "missed" them on the PS 2. Of course I still haven't even bought a PS3.