Sony: ICO/Colossus Collection Includes "Amazing Bonus Content"

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Defense said:
tanis1lionheart said:
It's times like these that I hate having a 360.
>_>
If it makes you feel any better, the games aren't as perfect as people say they are.
Yes...yes they are.
Minus the drunk horse.

I hated that horse.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I find it amusing that they're actually trying to sell this. It's ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, except better. They could smugly declare that we should be grateful for their work and I'd still pay full price on day one.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Lord Beautiful said:
I find it amusing that they're actually trying to sell this. It's ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, except better. They could smugly declare that we should be grateful for their work and I'd still pay full price on day one.
Hm. All of the people on the Escapist are really excited for it...but I wonder about the gaming world as a whole.

I'm interested in seeing how well this and the MGS collections sell. Very interested. I imagine if they do smashingly well, they'll start looking at more popular games to bring back in HD.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
*has spammed that Fry picture*

I heard that the Japanese are getting a picture book as a bonus, but then again the collections are more expensive there, individually packaged, and naturally Japanese have always had their bonuses. Lucky buggers (they also get a pretty box).

If this collection has a demo for The Last Guardian, I think that'll be the killer. There were rumors of that way back, but it hasn't been mentioned since then. Regardless , I'm buying it as soon as I can (unless there is a pre-order bonus at some store, I don't want to risk expiring my reservation. Stupid school with it's stupid late nights). Hell, I already have both games and I stopped caring. ICO and SOTC in HD with fixed framerates, trophies, and bonus content? HELLO!

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Wonderful package here. I didn't happen upon EITHER of these games in my young, naive, PS2 and gamecube-era days.

This is a first day buy for me.

OniYouji

Jan 4, 2011
I'm going to be in college, and I'm leaving the PS3 home. Meaning I can't play this until Thanksgiving break. My anticipation is SKYROCKETING.

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
Well, now my first PS3 purchase will actually come before I get myself a PS3. Fancy that.
(Also, sorry if this double posts, I reopened the page half a dozen times when it didn't show up.)

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Even tho I own them on PS2 I am rebuying them in this collection and this just makes me want it more

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
I missed out on both of these games (and have been unable to find copies for a reasonable price) so I am eagerly waiting for this! The bonuses are just an extra scoop of ice cream for the pie.

Dec 14, 2009
Gonna pick these up. They Team Ico deserve a lot more credit for these games then they are currently getting,

Also, I can't play SotC on my widescreen HD TV without my eyes bleeding.

[HEADING=2]Arghh! Too much motion blur![/HEADING]

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
You know I've never really been interested in a PS3, sure it has some great games no doubt but not enough to make me throw down some cash and buy one. But, despite having only bought and played these games a few months ago for the first time, nothing makes me want a PS3 more. They have become some of my favourite games of all time (especially Colossus) and playing them in HD with full upgraded surround sound is incredibly tempting. But then pragmatism/common sense must prevail.

Oh and er....

ArBeater said:
I won't be buying these games again because I am out of my pretentious teenager phase.
What does that even mean? And no, I'm not asking what pretentious means, give me some credit.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
ArBeater said:
I won't be buying these games again because I am out of my pretentious teenager phase.
XD
Is that why I didn't like these games as much as everyone said I should?
I actually never tried Ico and I loved the concept behind SOTC (a game made entirely of boss battles - ingenious) but other less artistic but more entertaining games distracted me from finishing it.

Is Last Guardian going to be the Next DNF?
I'm tempted to buy this re-release just to keep them in business long enough to see that game finished.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I still have my copy of Shadow on the PS2. Never played ICO. This is going to be another example of me buying a game for a system my brother has. I didn't own a PS2 either.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
aegix drakan said:
Yeah, yeah yeah, whatever.

Just tell me when I can BUY the damn games already! I've been waiting on this ever since they've been freakin announced! You don't need to sell me anymore than I already am!
According to amazon the release date is mid septembee.

Cannot wait for this I love SoTC but never got a chance to play Ico.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
So I know that most people consider Colossus to be amazing, but what do you guys think of Ico? I haven't played either but from what I know of SotC I would love it, but I know little of Ico.