Sony Lifts One to Michael in Awesome PS3 Ad

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
Okay, I don't have and neither plan on getting a PS3, but this is a brilliant commercial. Whoever thought this up deserves a raise.

Silverspud

Sep 6, 2011
I was expecting it to end in an advertisement for something along the lines of Sony Smash Bros. Incredible vid either way.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
My name is Michael.

Therefore this advert is amazing, even without the replayability of trying to spot all the cameos.

Win.

satsugaikaze

Feb 26, 2011
Someone needed to point out the Metal Gear Mk II to me before I spotted it.

It's literally there for like, just a couple of frames before it goes off-screen. This video is an Easter Egg gold mine.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
TimeLord said:
I'm unsure who Michael is, maybe that's the point. Epic advert non-the-less!
Michael is just the player.

OT: That was actually prety cool. Though Im sure we'll see an Xbox or nintendo one soon enough. I can only hope (or maybe fear) that navi will float around shouting Hey Listen! and link turns and says well excuse me princess.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
SomebodyNowhere said:
the video glosses over a bunch of characters so quickly that it is easy to miss them. I didn't even notice Paul Phoenix or Chell til I watched through it more slowly.
An ad that makes you want to watch it over and over. That's pretty brilliant, eh?

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
Not a fan of playstation and sony in general, but hell that is one pretty amazing bit of advertising!

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
I hate to be the one to do this but imagine a Nintendo version.

Mario: The time he helped me save the princess, and that time he helped me save the princess, then that time he helped me save the princess, then that...

Kirby: Shut up Mario, we get it.

Link: Yes! To Michael, the one who helped me save princess Zelda. Then the time he helped me save

Kirby: *Facepalm*

zorrandur

Mar 8, 2010
Mistermixmaster said:
This ad seriously made me cry... the hell is that all about?!

Great ad Sony, bloody great ad.
ya know what man. more power to ya! :D i didn't cry but i got the tingle that turns into a lump that needs a shove to put me into full blown cry. so thats close enough for me :D fantastic AD.

Kurdt766

Oct 7, 2011
made an account just to post in this thread, and ask a question, since no one mentioned it.

anyone else notice the hidden playstation logo? i found it looking for parappa.

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
I know it has been asked a few times, but there was no answer so I hope I get one now!
I just can't figure it out, who was the bartender who talks near the end???
Is he a character or just a random guy?? Its seems like a pretty important part for him to just be a random guy!!
Really appreciate the help! :)

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
JoesshittyOs said:
AbstractStream said:
I was laughing when I saw Lightning and Solid Snake. Really awesome ad.
Sony should make more like this.
Who is lightning?

And also, who was the barman?
Lightning is the girl with pink hair from Final Fantasy XIII.

ineedscissors

Oct 24, 2009
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but all of the characters who spoke in this commercial had their voice actors from the games. I loves me some consistent voices, way to go sony