Sony Lifts One to Michael in Awesome PS3 Ad

Kirbys

Sep 15, 2011
Snake and a little bit of Ratchet and Chess from Portal. What I didn't like is how that average soldier sounded like when he was giving his speech. Sorry I just can't stop laughing at his voice.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Hang on a second... A group of videogame characters standing around celebrating a guy named Michael for how he's saved them from death?

So basically it's Doomsday Arcade in reverse?

Hiname

Songstress of Ar Ciel
Mar 23, 2011
Heh. If your heroes could tell your story, what would they say?
Thats a rather interesting questiong.. *ponders*

Marvelous piece of entertainment, anyway!

I-Protest-I

Nov 7, 2009
This ad actually makes me want to buy the product in question. The first television advertisement in a long time to do so.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
One thing for sure, Michael plays a lot of games.
I've forgotten more characters I've helped get through their adventures than I can count, but if I may, I'd like to tip my hat to three:

1. Gordon Freeman - Let me explore through his eyes a cold war missile complex converted into a massive lab, defied a totalitarian system, and drove a badass buggy and airboat.
2. Edison Trent - Explored new star systems, participated in interstellar commerce, and fought against an alien security organism gone wrong.
3. Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad - Explored the cities of the crusades, Damascus, Acre, and Jerusalem, in a struggle between forces that an ordinary person would never see. Possible by proxy through the mind of Desmond Miles, using his genetic memory.

These characters give me so much an experience, that it is not I who they should drink to, but to them I feel honored I was able to walk with them. Salud!

Honorable mentions: Steve, Carl "CJ" Johnson, Lt. Mike Powell.

Eggbert

Jun 9, 2010
Woodsey said:
OT: I cracked when Ezio popped out of nowhere.
It's particularly funny if you've been watching this season of Spoiler Warning (the overdone accents are getting a lot of jokes, along with the costume).

Seriously, though, that was great. It was inspiring, and interesting, and just generally worked.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Irridium said:
I saw Chell!

She ran in the background of the Clown playing Chess with Sackboy.

Anyway, sweet commercial. Kind of a disappointment, since I expected a bit more. But eh, could be worse.
Nice catch!

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Great ad but WTF was up with Kratos his head was a wee bit small compared to the rest of his body.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
The Breadcrab said:
Is it bad that I recognized every single character in this video?

Anyways, terrific ad. Sony has some of the best marketing in gaming, period.
Ehhh... they have their ups and downs.

This one was definitely an up.

Shinma

Mar 26, 2011
Did anyone notice Sweet Tooth's ice cream truck outside? Lightning's weapon along with the rest?

The Latin writing on the wall translates into Long Live Play.

0:27 in, what is the robot thing going off-screen behind the dogs?

Parappa *spoiler* is at the check in.

Who is the lady at 1:35 standing mostly hidden by Sweet Tooth's fiery hair (also shown at 1:50)?

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
It's really good to be appreciated for playing games once, not being scolded and despised as usual, right?

Good job that Sony figured that out and made this great ad. Doesn't make the games any better, though. Pity, but that's life.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I watched the ad on another site, and it is pretty awesome, but I can't help thinking that the real thing would be more like, 'Thanks to the stupid git I was run over by a bloody tank fifteen fucking times. Thanks a lot, Michael, for sucking that hard.'