Sony 'Looking Into' PS3 Firmware 3.00 Issues

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
harhol" post="7.137991.3102037 said:
I wonder if the awful new friends list counts as an issue...

I don't know what the new update looks like xD. I've swtill got my MGS4 skin, and I'be had no issues with the new update yet. Its made navigating the store alot simpler.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Woodsey said:
cleverlymadeup said:
Woodsey said:
Another nail in the coffin for those guys.

I've never owned a Sony console, and am primarily a PC gamer although I own a 360 as well. I can appreciate that whilst I didn't have an interest in it at all, that the PS2 was a major hit, and yet they get this so wrong. It seems ridiculous.

Cue PS3 fanboys ram-raiding down my throat but there you go.
right cause the 360 has such a great quality track record of not crashing and failing .... oh wait my bad. you really shouldn't really throw stones when you live in a glass house

i haven't had an issue with the new firmware, it's worked like a charm for me. if uncharted isn't working properly, i'm glad i finished it for the second time just before the upgrade
Haha, see what I mean?

I'm not going to get into an argument about it, but if you read with your eyes, you may notice that all I said was that I own a 360. I never said it was better, that MS kicks Sony's arse or that I'd like to suck Bill Gates dick now did I?

My final comment was made because I knew (as it has) that someone would get up the arse and mention the 360 when all I did was acknowledge that I own one. I'm well aware of the stupidly high 360 failure rate, but I was also commenting on the general way Sony have treated the PS3.
FYI, Bill Gates no longer owns microsoft. You'd have to suck Rockefeller's dick.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Woodsey said:
cleverlymadeup said:
Woodsey said:

I've never owned a Sony console, and am primarily a PC gamer although I own a 360 as well. I can appreciate that whilst I didn't have an interest in it at all, that the PS2 was a major hit, and yet they get this so wrong. It seems ridiculous.

right cause the 360 has such a great quality track record of not crashing and failing .... oh wait my bad. you really shouldn't really throw stones when you live in a glass house

i haven't had an issue with the new firmware, it's worked like a charm for me. if uncharted isn't working properly, i'm glad i finished it for the second time just before the upgrade
Haha, see what I mean?

I'm not going to get into an argument about it, but if you read with your eyes, you may notice that all I said was that I own a 360. I never said it was better, that MS kicks Sony's arse or that I'd like to suck Bill Gates dick now did I?

My final comment was made because I knew (as it has) that someone would get up the arse and mention the 360 when all I did was acknowledge that I own one.
You certainly pulled a fast one on us, dear fellow.

A jolly good hoot.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
Woodsey said:
cleverlymadeup said:
Woodsey said:

Haha, see what I mean?

My final comment was made because I knew (as it has) that someone would get up the arse and mention the 360 when all I did was acknowledge that I own one. I'm well aware of the stupidly high 360 failure rate, but I was also commenting on the general way Sony have treated the PS3.
FYI, Bill Gates no longer owns microsoft. You'd have to suck Rockefeller's dick.
Well he's still on the company board or something like that I'm sure - besides, his eyes are so pretty.

Ahem.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Woodsey said:
cleverlymadeup said:
Woodsey said:

Haha, see what I mean?

My final comment was made because I knew (as it has) that someone would get up the arse and mention the 360 when all I did was acknowledge that I own one.
You certainly pulled a fast one on us, dear fellow.

A jolly good hoot.
Eh? Sorry it's late xD

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
I feel very lucky as every time there's been a huge fuck-up due to an update (i.e. this and version 2.40), I haven't been affected by it *smiles smugly to himself*

Ashbax said:
Well, you get what you pay for, chaps.

Now stop whining about your awful console, Ps3 owners, and just get a PC or an xbox...
Piss off, we didn't ask for your comment

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Megacherv said:
Ashbax said:

Now stop whining about your awful console, Ps3 owners, and just get a PC or an xbox...
No one ever asks for the comment, they just get the comment thrown in their faces by anyone slightly offended by your statement. Are you just learning this now?

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
wrecker77 said:
Woodsey said:

AGGGGHHHH! Flamesheild!

I dont like the new freinds list. It looks ugly and boxy.
Gah, that huge box in the upper right corner makes me angry.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
The best we can hope for is a quick firmware update from Sony. If this turns into a class action lawsuit, any possible resolution would take months if not years.
You don't think your jumping the gun a bit? I mean, for a class action lawsuit, doesn't this have to be a problem that persists for say at least a few weeks?

(although, I don't own a ps3 nor know how long it has been since the 3.00 update was issued...)

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
AvsJoe said:
Megacherv said:
Ashbax said:

No one ever asks for the comment, they just get the comment thrown in their faces by anyone slightly offended by your statement. Are you just learning this now?
Yeah, I was one of the ones throwing it in their face

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Woodsey said:

Oh god, you just poured gasoline all over this thread.

Nothing has happened to me yet.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Woodsey said:
cleverlymadeup said:
Woodsey said:

Haha, see what I mean?

let's see you are saying it's better, you are implying you should not get a PS3 and stick with your choice of PC (which has security holes beyond belief) and a 360 (which i won't even start on how many ways it's been an utter failure)

then there's the fact that you made a comment about this all in a thread about the PS3, sorry Trolly McFanboy, you really should learn what you are saying and what you are actually implying before you go off saying how you aren't saying something. while you aren't saying it outright, you are implying it

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
Ashbax said:

Seems your douchebag scholarship is paying off quite well for you. Pathetic fanboyism aside, it took me a while for the update to download but I haven't experienced any problems so far.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Fangface74 said:
Ashbax said:
Well, you get what you pay for, chaps. Xbox all the way.
I'm not entirely sure we 360 owners can use 'reliability' as a whipping post...

Seriosly, we dont need another flame war here, just keep your hate to yourself, and as Fang said, 360 owners cant use reliability as a 'whipping post', its the entire reason why I swithed over to the PS3.

O.T. I havent had any issues yet, and I dont have Uncharted so that wont get in my way. I just wish Sony would give us a chat abbility with friends.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Jumplion said:
AceDiamond said:
Fangface74 said:
Ashbax said:
Well, you get what you pay for, chaps. Xbox all the way.
I'm not entirely sure we 360 owners can use 'reliability' as a whipping post...
Well the XBox system software/XBL architecture IS quite reliable...
*coughcoughE74Errorscoughcough*

unless those were hardware related or something, but still, you have to admit Fangface has a point

I have yet to encounter any problems with firmware 3.00, though there seems to be all these claims every time an update is around. If Sony finds whatever problems these guys are apparently having, well then good for them.

Though I find it hilarious how we already within the first 10 posts have "LOLOLOlz PS3 TEH UNRELIABLZ!@#", and colossally ironic considering the console they're rooting for :S
yes because lord knows when an article stating (Through a poorly done survey) that xbox 360 is at 54.2% failure rate (the survey is poorly done because they failed to ask if the person owned a falcon model, or jasper model console, so it's like me going and asking the people who play on PSN how reliable PSN has been without asking if their issue was with firmware 3.00 or if there happened to be an error when it claimed to be working) PS3 fanboys don't line up comments posting "LUL UR CONSUL EPAC PHAILZ LULUL (ICANHAZCHEEZEBURGER TALK INSERTED HERE)" or "XBOX360 SUX!"

But now you guys experience failures in one of PS3s biggest selling points (It's free online capabilities) and it's suddenly "OMG TEH FANBOYZ! THEY IZ ATTAKING UZ!"

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
let's see you are saying it's better, you are implying you should not get a PS3 and stick with your choice of PC (which has security holes beyond belief) and a 360 (which i won't even start on how many ways it's been an utter failure)

then there's the fact that you made a comment about this all in a thread about the PS3, sorry Trolly McFanboy, you really should learn what you are saying and what you are actually implying before you go off saying how you aren't saying something. while you aren't saying it outright, you are implying it
In your leap to defend the PS3, you seem to have missed that he didn't actually say any of that.

He didn't say that you should buy any of the things he owns: he was just mentioning that he owned them. He also praised the PS2: hardly the behavior of a troll. He's just of the opinion that the PS3 sucks, and since you have stated that the 360 sucks, either you're both trolls or you're both just opinionated.

Oh, and PCs only have a lot of security holes if you do silly things like download mystery programs and visit strange websites. Otherwise, it's fairly impregnable. Sure, there are ways to crack security, but you still have to consider that PCs are a lot more interesting to hackers, considering the amounts of sensitive info people store on them these days.

Count_ZeroOR

May 9, 2009
I kind of like the new look. In particular, the blurring effect on the background when you navigate through menus definitely makes the menu text easier to read. However, I did run into a problem about 3 minutes ago when starting up a game from the cross media bar. It originally wouldn't load the game, so I had to restart the system. However, after that it loaded the game just fine.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
WhiteTiger225 said:
I have yet to encounter any problems with firmware 3.00, though there seems to be all these claims every time an update is around. If Sony finds whatever problems these guys are apparently having, well then good for them.

Though I find it hilarious how we already within the first 10 posts have "LOLOLOlz PS3 TEH UNRELIABLZ!@#", and colossally ironic considering the console they're rooting for :S
yes because lord knows when an article stating (Through a poorly done survey) that xbox 360 is at 54.2% failure rate (the survey is poorly done because they failed to ask if the person owned a falcon model, or jasper model console, so it's like me going and asking the people who play on PSN how reliable PSN has been without asking if their issue was with firmware 3.00 or if there happened to be an error when it claimed to be working) PS3 fanboys don't line up comments posting "LUL UR CONSUL EPAC PHAILZ LULUL (ICANHAZCHEEZEBURGER TALK INSERTED HERE)" or "XBOX360 SUX!"

But now you guys experience failures in one of PS3s biggest selling points (It's free online capabilities) and it's suddenly "OMG TEH FANBOYZ! THEY IZ ATTAKING UZ!"[/quote]

actually with the online issue, i'm going to have to blame the internet service that most americans receive. they have bad network infrastructure that needs upgrading but the companies won't do it cause it's "too expensive" and they'd rather blame people who are downloading stuff rather than their crappy network

but you do have a point that the Sony people don't go into 360 threads and start flaming, much like is happening in here. tho the person writing the article could have left a comment or two out of the article.

as for the firmware, i'd like to see what the issue exactly are how what they people did to cause them.

as for the game informer survey, it might not be the 54% they claim but it's sure as hell isn't the 16% m$ is claiming and frankly breaking it down between console versions wouldn't really do much good cept proving that one version is better than the other, which we already know or at least think is true. so maybe it would be interesting to see the stats.

frankly the only way we will find out is if we get all the info from m$ on their returns and they won't do that unless there's a court case about it