Sony Outs Rebellion DLC for Mass Effect 3

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
AMAZED said:
Richardplex said:
Aren't quarian engineers and infiltrators already in the game?

Also, I'm amused at how it's sony, the guys who have stuck their heels in the ground about the MP operations who reveal the MP DLC early. Maybe Sony really do hate EA.
I'm guessing they are special forms of engineers and infiltrators, but I want to know what the hell a phoenix is. Is it some kind of human special forces?
may be a typo
from what I read in other sites while googling, it's Turian engineer and infiltrator =P

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
mattttherman3 said:
If it's not free, I won't be getting it.
Thats my thought. Considering how much a pain in the ass it is to get new unlocks (if you want anything actually good, you have to save up for the spectre pack) and the whole damn crapshoot that that is... if they charge for it, the classes and weapons better be unlocked at the start.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
multiplayer? where the fucking singleplayer "The Truth" DLC you promised?!

well then again it's EA, one of the big three of evil in gaming.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
I'm going to laugh my ass off if the "Phoenix" characters are dressed in an unalterable version of that ridiculous pink armor from ME1.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I have a feeling that EA is making enough money on people who buy packs that they're not actually going to charge for this one either.

Why force people to buy this, they'll be less likely to choose to buy the packs later.

BlindWorg

Oct 31, 2009
Free or not, im not going to get it unless Origin just decides on its own to download it anyway if its free.

As mildly above average the MP is, its not why why i bought the game. The time spent developing MP and its map/class/weapon packs could have been used on more important stuff for which the trilogy is known for...

HKFortyRevan

Sep 1, 2010
There's no single player DLC because they're focusing on the Extended Cut, which they said was planned for the generic release date of 'Summer'. They also said they had to push back all of their DLC plans to get this unexpected addition out of the way. Furthermore, Mass Effect 2 didn't have any non-launch DLC until about four months after release, this game's been out for two.

Also, the Quarians are likely Male variants of the already existing ones, although probably with altered skill sets as with the Asari Justicar from the last pack. There was a leaked picture of a Male Quarian a while back.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Haha, is Sony trolling?

I gave up on multiplayer weeks ago. Stupid Spectre packs >>
The Thessia map does interest me a bit though.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
The ME3 MP is just average and does nothing interesting truthfully.

Any good MP has different modes to play. Like LFD2, or GoldenEye.

ShinobiJedi42

May 7, 2012
AbstractStream said:
Haha, is Sony trolling?

I gave up on multiplayer weeks ago. Stupid Spectre packs >>
The Thessia map does interest me a bit though.
Yeah I haven't played the multiplayer in about a month either. I got tired of playing through to get credits so I could afford the Spectre packs only to get a new color for my Human Infiltrator, a class I never play. I played consistently since it came out and have still not yet unlocked Turians, Geth, Drell, or Krogan. It's really annoying. If we are going to play to get credits, we should at least be allowed to purchase the exact class we want.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
It'll be free. To charge for it would be a horrible business decision...it'd split the community and people would drop like flies from the game. The game that they probably earn most of the money from just by people paying points for chances to unlock the stuff they release for free. Then again, EA does get a say, so you never know...

My guess is the 'Pheonix' is Collector rather than Prothean. It'd make more lore sense...barely.

diesector21

Dec 31, 2009
The DLC isn't coming out today. Sony goofed up and the information is wrong.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/12067667&lf=8

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
Thank Christ. Now everyone can get bored of the 1 dimensional multiplayer tacked on BS.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I will always maintain that making the ME3 multiplayer a mandatory part of the game was a big mistake, but that said, the ME3 multi was a lot of fun. If I could play it reliably, I'd probably still hit it up now and then. Unfortunately, between my horrible internet provider and the design of the game, which leaves you with nothing if you get disconnected at any point during a match (and believe me, it's beyond infuriating when you're coming to the end of the ninth round when you've been kicking ass and taking names with a seriously talented squad), it's just not worth the frustration. Hopefully someday - but hopefully, too, BioWare has learned that not everyone can or wants to indulge in multiplayer, and that hamstringing their single-player experience because of it is extremely unwise.

Runegrace

May 18, 2009
Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator? So another copy of the only two Quarians you can play as?

Thing is, no matter what you still fight the same enemies with the same AI. If they really wanted to put some life into multiplayer, make a new faction to fight. Like a mercenary faction where you fight Blood Pack, Blue Sun, and Eclipse. Or a Collector faction. Or a Geth+ where there's more than 5 types of enemies. Seriously, whatever happened to Geth drones, snipers, and those guys that crawled on the walls?

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
I recall there being a bird race who the council made contact with....

Maybe? I dunno. Just hypothesising.