Sony Outs Rebellion DLC for Mass Effect 3

BeefSteak

Oct 3, 2007
I've seen a bunch of people suggesting more groups to fight... What could they possibly do?

Only one that comes to mind would be an "Animal/Jerkwad Races" group, full of Varren and Yaahg and such. Any other ideas?

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
-Dragmire- said:
Andy Chalk said:
And what is this "Phoenix" business? Nobody knows for sure but based on conversation on the BioWare forums [http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/343/index/11830851/1], the smart money appears to be on Protheans. Perhaps Javik isn't as alone as he thought?
Screw that, I'm hoping for Hanar Spectres!

it's shit like like this that makes me we wish we as fans had more control over our games.

I'd actually play the Multiplayer for that.... And I want the Elcore too.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
snagli said:
Oh come on, when are we going to get single player DLC?
Smart money's on there being some sort of "Siege of Omega" DLC as it was hinted in conversations with Aria.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Sony Outs Rebellion DLC for Mass Effect 3

Like the flash of a shooting star, it was there and then gone: "It" being the latest multiplayer
And about 75% of the Mass Effect fanbase closes the news article right there, laments the fact that Mass Effect 3 will never get a satisfying conclusion, and will go right along doing something else and not giving a damn.

The Multiplayer was fun, guys, but you do realize that's not what people came for, right?

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
(sigh) I new this would happen with the DLC now that we have multiplayer there's going to be heaps of Multiplayer DLC and fuck all singleplayer DLC then again Bioware would be shooting themselves in the foot if they released single player DLC before the Extended cut DLC and if bioware fucks that up then...... well lets just say I'll get the popcorn ready

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
ShinobiJedi42 said:
More classes? I'm having a hard enough time unlocking Turians and Geth, I don't need more crap classes to continuously unlock new shiny colors for their outfits. I want a Geth, already! Not a new color for my useless Batarian Sentinel! Okay, nerdrage complete. Carry on.
I too desperately want a Geth character and all I keep getting are new pistols! I have too many bloody pistols! Bloody random reward system!

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Sounds pretty cool but its not the DLC I was looking for.....

Captcha: "meet your waterloo"

Would that be the ending to ME3 that finally brought down Bioware's empire?

Undeadpool

Aug 17, 2009
The.Bard said:
Raven said:
Where is the single player content man? I've yet to meet that many people who really give a fuck about the multiplayer.

"Continuing to build my shepard's legend" most certainly does not involve some punk ass kids armed with a limited vocabulary and a headset...
Normally, my opinion lands very closely to yours. Normally. But the ME3 coop is quite awesome, and all 4 of my ME3-loving friends jump on quite frequently. Judging by the kill counts from the Operations Bioware's been running, I dare say the multiplayer is something many people give a fuck about... just maybe not in public, lest they ruin their coolguy image.

All of that being said, though, I'm with you... given the choice between the two, I'd rather have FREE SINGLE PLAYER DLC, DAMMIT!!!
I agree with BOTH those things!

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Wait. wait wait wait. There was no quarian engineer?! WTF. That's basically what most of the race is.

And we want single-player DLC, BioWare! And that ending... thing.

And what the hell is a phoenix? Kinda late to introduce new races, guys...

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Antonio Torrente said:
multiplayer? where the fucking singleplayer "The Truth" DLC you promised?!

well then again it's EA, one of the big three of evil in gaming.
Why do you care? EA is "evil," right? You wouldn't have purchased a video game published by them and are waiting for some DLC to purchase, right? Because saying a company is evil while actively supporting them and enjoying their products would be rather hypocritical.

Oh dear.

beniki

May 28, 2009
Map pack?

Are... are they actually trying to market this like Call of Duty?

I know I keep banging this drum, but this seems like another business decision, rather then a creative one, on a game that's already suffering from too much commercial influence.

CaptOfSerenity

Mar 8, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
http://social.bioware.com/uploads_user/741000/740385/30367.gif
Ah yes, "Rebellion"
The inevitably overpriced DLC that is allegedly waiting for multiplayer release
We have dismissed that claim.
The first piece of DLC was FREE. The extended ending will be FREE. Give them some damn credit.

CaptOfSerenity

Mar 8, 2011
SaneAmongInsane said:
-Dragmire- said:
Andy Chalk said:
And what is this "Phoenix" business? Nobody knows for sure but based on conversation on the BioWare forums [http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/343/index/11830851/1], the smart money appears to be on Protheans. Perhaps Javik isn't as alone as he thought?
Screw that, I'm hoping for Hanar Spectres!

it's shit like like this that makes me we wish we as fans had more control over our games.

I'd actually play the Multiplayer for that.... And I want the Elcore too.
yay more terrible ideas.

Write an epic sci-fi story. Now. Perfectly.

Pour hundreds of hours into it and dedicate years of your life to it.

Then, let me pay you $60 to dictate it's ending.

Nov 28, 2007
CaptOfSerenity said:
DVS BSTrD said:
http://social.bioware.com/uploads_user/741000/740385/30367.gif
Ah yes, "Rebellion"
The inevitably overpriced DLC that is allegedly waiting for multiplayer release
We have dismissed that claim.
The first piece of DLC was FREE. The extended ending will be FREE. Give them some damn credit.
Thank you! I don't get why everyone is complaining about them charging for multiplayer content and such, when they haven't even confirmed that they are, and probably won't, based on the fact that the last multiplayer pack had more introduced and was free, and the EC will also be free. Why would they go free, then charge, then free again?

HellenicWarrior

May 14, 2011
Yeah... I'm still waiting for my singleplayer dlc, it'll be interesting to see how badly they ruin the franchise for the second time :(

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
If they actually put some effort into making a competitive multiplayer with deathmatch, team deathmatch, CTF etc. then new maps, classes and weapons might be worth something. It doesn't matter how many DLC's they can make for the god damn horde mode. It's still going to be a horde mode and that gets boring fast, no matter how many weapons, classes and maps they add.

They should be making more single player DLC's like Lair of The Shadow Broker and Project Overlord. Hell, they should make Omega and Illium DLC and make them explorable because there is no exploration aspect in Mass Effect 3. There's just The Citadel.

Look at this:

-Mass Effect 1: The Citadel, Feros, Noveria and lots of planets to explore in The Mako. Which makes the galaxy feel huge.
-Mass Effect 2: The Citadel, Illium, Omega, Tuchanka, The Migrant Fleet, Hammerhead missions. Still feels like a big galaxy. Hell, it's better than ME1 because locations are more unique and atmospheric.
-Mass Effect 3: The Citadel. On top of that there is no holster function during missions. Which makes you feel like you're always in a hurry, with no time to explore. It completely kills the immersion and it makes you feel like you're just in a generic third person shooter.

It's fuckin' pathetic and dumbed down beyond recognition!