Sony Outs Rebellion DLC for Mass Effect 3

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
If this is free then I was right about this being their business model and the last one wasn't free as some sort of apology as some people were saying.

It would be nice to be right for once...
Then maybe I wouldn't be the black sheep of the family any more...

What?

They take being right about insignificant shit very seriously.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
I will always maintain that making the ME3 multiplayer a mandatory part of the game was a big mistake, but that said, the ME3 multi was a lot of fun. If I could play it reliably, I'd probably still hit it up now and then. Unfortunately, between my horrible internet provider and the design of the game, which leaves you with nothing if you get disconnected at any point during a match (and believe me, it's beyond infuriating when you're coming to the end of the ninth round when you've been kicking ass and taking names with a seriously talented squad), it's just not worth the frustration. Hopefully someday - but hopefully, too, BioWare has learned that not everyone can or wants to indulge in multiplayer, and that hamstringing their single-player experience because of it is extremely unwise.
During my last game, we hit the extraction round after wave ten on Gold. Suddenly, I hear one of the players say, "Moooom, are you using the microwave? You know that disconnects me from--" Then the host dropped. Then I dropped. Then I got nothing from the entire round.

Betcha can't guess why that was my last game.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
I think the Quarians are just male quarians, no idea about Pheonix mind, it could be prothean, based on "from ashes" the day one dlc, but I think they'd just be called Protheans, I think they might just be some spec ops style dudes, its either that or introduce an entirely new species to the game, which would be just as annoying as Protheans, but at least they can say "we uplifted them to help save our asses"

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Im guessing these "new" Engineer & Infiltrator Quarian classes are akin to the differences between the Asari Adept and the 'Justicar' Adept. Different skin, different abilities etc etc. Maybe Male Quarian skin?

I want to play Vorcha, too! Though I think the feeling of playing a frail, vermin like creature will be lost through it. If only there were a way for Vorcha players to die and respawn immediately with a 3-5 "vorcha lives" before going down and needing a revive.

Would lend itself well to the Vorcha's disposable nature and suicidal characteristics/art.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
How much free stuff does Bioware/EA have to release before people will stop complaining about getting free stuff?

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
http://social.bioware.com/uploads_user/741000/740385/30367.gif
Ah yes, "Rebellion"
The inevitably overpriced DLC that is allegedly waiting for multiplayer release.
We have dismissed that claim.
Hahaha, Oh man! You are killing me >.<

May 17, 2010
animehermit said:
Andy Chalk said:
I will always maintain that making the ME3 multiplayer a mandatory part of the game was a big mistake, but that said, the ME3 multi was a lot of fun. If I could play it reliably, I'd probably still hit it up now and then. Unfortunately, between my horrible internet provider and the design of the game, which leaves you with nothing if you get disconnected at any point during a match (and believe me, it's beyond infuriating when you're coming to the end of the ninth round when you've been kicking ass and taking names with a seriously talented squad), it's just not worth the frustration. Hopefully someday - but hopefully, too, BioWare has learned that not everyone can or wants to indulge in multiplayer, and that hamstringing their single-player experience because of it is extremely unwise.
The only thing you lose access to by not playing the multiplayer is the 10 second clip after the destroy ending. You can still get acesss to all 3 endings without touching the multiplayer at all.
You can but Bioware made it clear we wouldn't miss anything by not playing the multiplayer. Which was a lie. Seeing as that 10 seconds imply that

Shepherd lives

Which really changes the ending, means that it is silly to not include it.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Antonio Torrente said:
multiplayer? where the fucking singleplayer "The Truth" DLC you promised?!

well then again it's EA, one of the big three of evil in gaming.
You mean the one they said would be released in the Summer?

Trekkie

Sep 21, 2008
why do i get the feeling that only 1 or 2 of the dlcs for ME3 will be for the single player? multilayer however will get... 5 or ....6 :/

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I might pop ME3 back in to check the new maps. Probably not though. ME3 multiplayer needs new gameplay modes, not more stuff.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
snagli said:
Oh come on, when are we going to get single player DLC?
Probably never. I think that EA put multiplayer in the game partially, in order to have something to sell DLC for without the extra costs associated with single player DLC. I mean the mass effect series is done isn't it? So why should they care about reception for the game now? I would bet money that there will either be no single player DLC, or there will be very little. What interests me is how the price of this pack will compare to previous mass effect dlcs.

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
Hmm Phoenix. Well there's the Phoneix armour of course - that lovely pinky stuff in ME1. Or there's the Phoenix system which is the home of Pinnacle Station, that Alliance war simulator station you get to visit in ME1. I'm swaying towards the Phoenix characters being humans.

I recently became bored of the multiplayer and stopped playing it, so I welcome the addition of new characters and maps. But Bioware should seriously consider making new enemies to fight and/or different game play modes. Maybe a couple of team objective maps where you have to move through a level in a linear fashion similar to the single player? The new Syndicate game does that quite well.

I actually had way more fun with the multiplayer than I did with the single player. I never thought I'd say that.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
And what is this "Phoenix" business? Nobody knows for sure but based on conversation on the BioWare forums [http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/343/index/11830851/1], the smart money appears to be on Protheans. Perhaps Javik isn't as alone as he thought?
Screw that, I'm hoping for Hanar Spectres!

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Meh. Multiplayer was alright, but got repetitive for me really fast. I had my fill of it while playing the demo, and only played it once, once I actually had the game proper. Personally speaking, the only thing I really liked about the multiplayer was the prospect of playing as different races... which never ever worked out for me since I had absolutely atrocious luck with the item packs.

Cool for the people who like the multiplayer though, and I'm assuming the new quarians are the male variants of the race.

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
370999 said:
animehermit said:
Andy Chalk said:
The only thing you lose access to by not playing the multiplayer is the 10 second clip after the destroy ending. You can still get acesss to all 3 endings without touching the multiplayer at all.
You can but Bioware made it clear we wouldn't miss anything by not playing the multiplayer. Which was a lie. Seeing as that 10 seconds imply that

Shepherd lives

Which really changes the ending, means that it is silly to not include it.
Um, I got that ending with 50% GR, only played the MP after the Red beam of doom.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
chimpzy said:
Aw, I wanted a Hanar Vanguard.

Does this one have to choke a *****?

Hey, I would look into playing it at that point.

OT: Don't have the game, most likely I'm not getting it, so most likely I'm not getting this either. I do wonder how the multiplayer works. I've heard it's really bland and uninspired from some, but that it's really good from others.