Sony Reminds Us: OMG! Girls (Sorry, Girlz) Play Games Too

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
Heh. Not surprising. Sony and bad marketing goes hand in hand it seems. Naked. Or something, I dunno.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Well, it isn't quite as bad as "All I want for xmas is a psp" but it's almost there. That campaign made me want to shit in my psp umd slot and send it to Phil Harrison.

It's amazing that nobody has yet to go through the sony marketing department with a flmaethrower yet. They just need to liquidate the whole department and start from scratch. Then again I can actually believe that these ideas come straight from the top.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
Ok...girls are gamers too, yeah I get that, but the color lilac? Really?

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
Ya know, honestly, I was pissed about this product (just bcuz is has to be "Hannah Montana purple" instead of just "lilac") up until reading this article.

I showed this to my little sister and female cousin (big Miley Cyrus fan), 15 and 10 years of age respectively, and both were somewhat offended by how the product was marketed. Not just the Hannah Montana thing, but the assumption of what games girlz play.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
curlycrouton said:
How dare they call Loco Roco, a veritable masterpiece, for women only?!

Maybe Sony and Microsoft should see who can produce the worst ad campaign. A close match ladies and gents.
Oh god. I remember those songsmith ads. Forced and creepy and two words that spring to mind when watching them again.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Yeah, even I wasn't sure to think of this.

I found my favorite handheld flirting with my worst nemesis: Hannah Montana. :mad:

Damn child audience and their love of Hannah Montana.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
i would probably buy one for my wife (since she stole my pink DS and now i cant play with it)

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Sigel said:
Ok...girls are gamers too, yeah I get that, but the color lilac? Really?
Pretty much this, yeah I'm sure that this will make more girls want to play games if they get treated like this...

Ray De Ation

Jun 5, 2009
I am a girl: I will not rest until they market a titanium-reinforced gun-metal grey industrial-strength PSP with ground-to-air missile launcher attachments.
And they had *better* market it to girls.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Virgil said:
Personally, I'm hoping for a FTW Green or ROFL Red one.
Same here. That's when I may buy a PSP. But the God of War Edition was already red, so they need to find another colour.

On topic: Why did they design a lilac PSP and market it to girls only? Are they saying that girls don't like black or silver? Or that they don't enjoy other types of games?

Smooth advertising, Sony. Like a gravel road.

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
I kind of want a lilac PSP...
Granted I'd be more likely to play Peace-Walker on it than Petz though.
/:

There's a market for everything... I guess.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Virgil said:
I don't think,the Rofl Red is happening since the God of War one was released (and discontinued on the month)

historybuff said:
*facepalm* So glad I grew up on RPGs and Silent Hill, rather than this garbage.
You rock. That's all I have to say

PartyMonkey

Jun 26, 2009
Is it wrong that I am slightly pissed at this, I am a girl and I wouldn't be caught dead playing this (or a PSP in general it's a pride thing.) but because for some reason all Sony and also Nintendo expect girls to play is Hannah Montana and Imagine games. I would love for them to promote a console to girls using something like Metal Gear Solid Or some awesome kill em, gut em, Loot their ass game (Oblivion or Fallout possibly.) And it is just bad for game companys to just think of female gamers as being somewhat pink and prissy...Damn Them...I needed that.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
Amnestic said:
RAWKSTAR said:
Virgil said:
How about a BRB see through one?
Wouldn't it be BRB Blue? :O
I just attempted to say BRB Blue out-loud 5 times fast for no reason. But it's pretty difficult, just a heads up... Y'know, if anyone else fancies doing that, tell me how it goes.

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Am I the only person here who wants one?
No, of course you aren't. As the target market I cannot wait until this becomes available in the shops.
/sarcasm

See, this is why girls find it so awkward to become proper gamers. Because we get the idea that secretly everyone's taking the piss and thinking, oh girls won't want the same things as guys, lets patronise them, and then comes a company who proves us right.