Sony Servers Infiltrated Abroad, Twice

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
I wonder who will be laughing and defending them when WOW, Steam, or any other online games become a target?

If anything, this incident has really taught me a lesson on how some gamers see the world....and I think some of them need to grow up a bit and realize that mum and dads information, and money, might be at risk here. (Though I will say the escapists boards are the most mature on the subject...mostly)

Sony isn't to blame, and never was as far as I'm concerned.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Ayane788 said:
I wonder who will be laughing and defending them when WOW, Steam, or any other online games become a target?

If anything, this incident has really taught me a lesson on how some gamers see the world....and I think some of them need to grow up a bit and realize that mum and dads information, and money, might be at risk here. (Though I will say the escapists boards are the most mature on the subject...mostly)

Sony isn't to blame, and never was as far as I'm concerned.
Ever wonder what kind of demographic is attracted here? By and large (there are notable exceptions to the norm), it isn't a particularly mature or well-educated bunch: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/escapistmagazine.com

RDubayoo

Sep 11, 2008
This just in: Hackers are hurting the gaming community.

You know, that would be one of the least surprising headlines ever.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Sony needs to get it's act together and get some new IT personnel in there, presumably ones that can stop these attacks before they get going.

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
FalloutJack said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
FalloutJack said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
So is like the cool thing to do now?

Because if it is these people need to get a life and stop.
I don't find it cool at all. If THEY do, then it's time to see the sun again.
Agreed. But I'd imagine it's been a long time since they've seen the sun, if they remember what it is, and might burst into flames.
Thereby proving once again that Twilight is a load of crap.
ha nice one

OT: Guess there should be some form of mercy ruling like in Baseball. Sony has scored no points with anybody.

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
All of you, Grow up.

Sony is getting attacked by hackers. It ain't funny.
People saying that microsoft is next for dumping on PC gaming and that if this happens they are going to laugh at xbox users.
Its not the users fault, its the douchebags laughing at it and pretty much egging on the other side to hack their console.

Good chance I'll get a warning for this, but it was damm worth it if I do.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
I can't imagine these people have many friends. What a sad, lonely and pathetic existence.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Great, I can just imagine how those douchebags are celebrating. http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPAuWtoffRNcDL_d0NErlp-MT52sCMhgNQ3myeRib90pLiGdVP

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
This has gone past "amusing mess" to the level of "staring at a train wreck."