Sony Wants To Know About Your First Kiss

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I assume future questions will include...

What restraunte did you go to on your first date?

Are you trying to get your significant other to play your PS3?

Did you "do it" in the same room as your PS3?

Would you sell your soul to us if we promised you a cookie?

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
It almost seems like Sony is trying to determine how many of its customers have an unhealthy addiction to videogames, and which portions of its demographic never leave the house. I'm truly wondering what Sony is planning to use this research for, whether it be a dating service integrated into the PlayStation 3 or if it wants to send encouraging emails to those that haven't kissed anyone yet. The survey looks like a genuine attempt to try to get to know the personal lives of gamers, but for what purpose is unknown.
I'm going to wager a guess that perhaps they might be considering a gaming console's role in romantic relationship dynamics. The kiss question seems to be more of a lateral inquisition to determine more of the survey-taker's profile. Perhaps they are working on a game to aid in facilitating a relationship dynamic.

There are "date movies" so maybe they are seeing if it would be possible to make a "date game?"

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
The results will inevitably be skewed by the under-representation of those customers who are too busy making out with their significant other to fill out a survey about their personal lives put forward by the company of complete strangers who made (or work for the same company as the people who made) their console.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
That's a Privacy violation if you ask me... and that's where sites like Facebook and Twitter enters, cause they sell your informations to them.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
im all for them setting up a dating service. just dont expect me to be honest about it XD

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
My first kiss is none of Soney's business. Of course I don't own a PS3 so I won't be doing this survey. ...not that I would anyway.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Ha love that game Bully! But I know here it comes. I have never had a first kiss, thats how pathetic I am :[

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
latenightapplepie said:
Creepy.

I'm glad I don't have a PS3 right now.
Your avatar is pretty creepy man. That being said, Sony wanting to know your dating habits does seem ultra-creepy. Is Sony going to show up at your door one day and ask you out on a date? No thank you Sony, and if you come back i'm getting a restraining order.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Jamash said:
I expect they're collecting that kind of data so they can laud it over Microsoft in a future press release.

[HEADING=3]Sony: Playstation 3 owners are more sexually experienced than 360 owners because the PS3 is the console for all the cool people and not socially awkward dorks.[/HEADING]
PS3: "Hello, I'm a PS3."
X360: "And I'm a 360."

megamanenm

Apr 7, 2009
Orcus_35 said:
That's a Privacy violation if you ask me... and that's where sites like Facebook and Twitter enters, cause they sell your informations to them.
If you give them the information just like that then it's not a privacy violation at all.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Woah, Sony, get out of my business!

Seriously, how is this right to go ask your customers rather personal questions such as this for a company so unrelated? Pretty sure it is legal, but is it right to?

Also, why do they need to know this stuff and what are they planning to do with it? Make some sort of Sims Live that accurately mimics your life so they can suck away your life without much effect. Interesting.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I'm still surprised after 38 posts no one has quoted that 3oh!3 song. Clearly Sony can say its demographic has good taste in music. Or terrible with references.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
I just got the terrifying idea that they would put ad's for dating sites on the Playstation Menu (or whatever it's called) for people who prioritize gaming over women.

Ploppy

Jul 6, 2008
Ice Storm said:
Woah, Sony, get out of my business!

Seriously, how is this right to go ask your customers rather personal questions such as this for a company so unrelated? Pretty sure it is legal, but is it right to?

Then don't take the survey. So long as it's optional, let them ask whatever the damn hell they like. If I don't think it's appropriate, I don't have to answer the survey. It's that simple. I don't see why this is problematic.