Sony Won't Approve Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Promos

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Lunar Templar said:
rolfwesselius said:
Lunar Templar said:
>.>

ok ..... its EA's game (can't believe i'm about to side with EA ... but ...) where dose Sony even have the right to say no to events like this? or have they gotten, dumber, since i 'left'
Oh look its you again the sony hypocrite.
Ot: It's probably sony not wanting to lower psn barriers without a good reason.
hypocrite?
*gets a chair and waits for that explanation*
Whining about the fact that the ps3 is not backwards compatible while everybody screamed at sony to make it cheaper 100 dollars in fact,Which was only possible by also removing the backwards compatibility alongside using crappier ram.
Im not meaning to be an ass but in my books it is hypocritical to say being able to remove 100 to 200 dollars of the production cost in trade of Bcb.
And saying that that is evil just smacks of stupidity

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
FelixG said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
Inb4 Shoulda got it on the PC. (because you should have you dirty console scrubs)
Shoulda got it on the Xbox. (Because you should have you dirty sony-fanboy scrubs)

HA! :p

(Mod notice: This was a joke, not actually making fun of anyone. Because we all know how warning happy the mods are.)
While I appreciate your desire to be clear - and think that was a fine inclusion - the second half of your parenthetical was unnecessary and mean-spirited.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
rolfwesselius said:
Lunar Templar said:
rolfwesselius said:
Lunar Templar said:
>.>

ok ..... its EA's game (can't believe i'm about to side with EA ... but ...) where dose Sony even have the right to say no to events like this? or have they gotten, dumber, since i 'left'
hypocrite?
Whining about the fact that the ps3 is not backwards compatible while everybody screamed at sony to make it cheaper 100 dollars in fact,Which was only possible by also removing the backwards compatibility alongside using crappier ram.
Im not meaning to be an ass but in my books it is hypocritical to say being able to remove 100 to 200 dollars of the production cost in trade of Bcb.
so .... i should be just peachy keen with Sony actively trying to rip me off, by making me pay for games i already own? there's better ways to make something cheaper, and i hardly see how emulation last gen tech is that big a price booster.

not that it maters, my PS3 is gone :p so i don't have to put up with they're bull shit anymore.

btw, that's not hypocritical. hypocrisy is speaking out against something then doing it anyway. IE. Zeel playing ME3 would make him a hypocrite

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
:p Just another reason that I'm glad I went 360 rather than PS3.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
As one of the rare breed that does indeed play ME3 on the PS3 I'm not really bothered by this. I do enjoy the mutliplayer and it would be great to be involved in these promos, but I wont lose any sleep over not getting them. I can still play the game and that's what matters.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Lunar Templar said:
rolfwesselius said:
Lunar Templar said:
rolfwesselius said:
Lunar Templar said:
>.>

hypocrite?
so .... i should be just peachy keen with Sony actively trying to rip me off, by making me pay for games i already own? there's better ways to make something cheaper, and i hardly see how emulation last gen tech is that big a price booster.

not that it maters, my PS3 is gone :p so i don't have to put up with they're bull shit anymore.

btw, that's not hypocritical. hypocrisy is speaking out against something then doing it anyway. IE. Zeel playing ME3 would make him a hypocrite
1:How are they ripping you off when you still got your ps2?
This is for people who have never played god hand and want a copy.
This is basically GOG for consoles.
What makes:
gog selling old games which some people still own the disc of to you
Better than.
sony selling old games which some people still own the disc off.
Difference?

2:what ps2 games have you never owned but might want to own?
Their now 1 download away.

3: the ps3 version one used the Emotion engine CPU basically a ps2.
So the ps3 had a built in ps2 which sony scrapped to drop the price.

sony resseling old games is not done to rip you off its made to let people who want to jump in late be able to without buying a ps2
And sorry about the hypocrisy comment i did not pay attention in english class.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
rolfwesselius said:
What makes:
Better than.
Difference?

sony resseling old games is not done to rip you off its made to let people who want to jump in late be able to without buying a ps2
1) for every one else? not. for me? total rip off, and a bullshit ploy to 'fight used game sales' and really, i just find it irksome when it was reverse compatible at launch

2) only a few, i already own most the games for it i want, none of which are on PSN

3) never mind the PS3's hardware is more then capable of running PS2 games on its own and could probably still run PS2 games with a few tweaks to the coding.

which is fine for them, but i still don't like it, not when its pretty easy to get those PS2 games still, unlike a lot of the Nintendo games on the virtual console, some of which aren't affordable anymore.

and its cool, just confusing at first (the hypocrite bit)

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Lunar Templar said:
rolfwesselius said:
What makes:
Better than.
Difference?

1) for every one else? not. for me? total rip off, and a bullshit ploy to 'fight used game sales' and really, i just find it irksome when it was reverse compatible at launch

2) only a few, i already own most the games for it i want, none of which are on PSN

3) never mind the PS3's hardware is more then capable of running PS2 games on its own and could probably still run PS2 games with a few tweaks to the coding.

which is fine for them, but i still don't like it, not when its pretty easy to get those PS2 games still, unlike a lot of the Nintendo games on the virtual console, some of which aren't affordable anymore.

and its cool, just confusing at first (the hypocrite bit)
1:If you want the backwards compatibility back.
Sony will have to.
1 Build a new motherboard.
2 Put a new emotion engine in it.
3 Charge alot more money for it.
So if you want sony te make Bcb return yopu would have to buy a new ps3 because refitting will be impossible.

2&3:Sony is not allowed to modify the code to be run on the ps3.They got the permission to sell the game not the ip which allows them to modify it.
Second it does not matter if the hardware can run it the software cant run on the hardware and they can not modify the software.
Even if they wanted to they can not make the games run on the ps3.
Second software emulation SUCKS.
Hell ps2 emulation is nearly impossible even on modern day pc's.
Try to make it run on a ps3. software emulation will just be a broken buggy mess.

so the only way sony can return BcB is.
1 Make a new playstation model and sell it.
2 Use incredibly shitty and buggy software emulation and enjoy the patch it will need every time a new ps2 game comes to the store.

So what do you want?
Buy a new ps3 with the chip returned which you an ex-sony gamer profiteered from.
Rely on SHITTY software emulation.
Just buy a new ps2.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Did...did Sony just make EA look like the good guys?
Probably just sony wanting no possible back doors into the firewall.
It could easily be possible to hack a game server connected to psn and use that to hack the psn.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
rolfwesselius said:
2&3:Sony is not allowed to modify the code to be run on the ps3.They got the permission to sell the game not the ip which allows them to modify it.
Second it does not matter if the hardware can run it the software cant run on the hardware and they can not modify the software.
Even if they wanted to they can not make the games run on the ps3.
Second software emulation SUCKS.
Hell ps2 emulation is nearly impossible even on modern day pc's.
Try to make it run on a ps3. software emulation will just be a broken buggy mess.
actually .... its not, there's one PS2 emu that actually runs the games pretty well, there's a little slow down, (or a lot of its SotC, it tanks down to a frame rate of like 10) but over all it runs pretty good. I'd give it another couple updates before they have the bugs worked out (like Burnout 3's interesting color pallet, or Okami not working at all)

yes, i check this shit out :p easier to have one system that dose every thing rather then 4 with a mess of cables and cords

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I don't get it, I've seen Sony do this for at least one other online game. I know Uncharted 3 has random weekend events with XP boosts and testing for new modes and stuff. Seems kinda weird.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Odin311 said:
It is possible that Sony doesn't have PSN set up to do this type of thing. Does anyone recall any promotional events on any other games?
Uncharted series had the only multiplayer promotionals I can think of, but I'm sure World at War and Black Ops had their own too.

OT: If I own a playstation, (which I do) I'm either one of two people. Either A: I'm someone who doesn't play Mass Effect anyways (this one's me), so I don't really care. Or B: I do play Mass Effect, and I get a little upset that Sony didn't greenlight a promotion. But then I remember I'm going to play the game anyways, so I keep playing.

This isn't gonna drive anyone away from the PS3 or Mass Effect, and really isn't that big of a deal. Majority of PS3 users (since the majority of their user age group is 18-24, at least by 2009's statistics) probably got more going on in their life to worry about.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
This all still makes no difference to me. The last 3 times I played multiplayer on my PS3, it froze my whole system. Granted that was almost 3 weeks ago and I haven't touched it since, but that's because I'm afraid of my PS3 bricking again. I already lost my backwards compatible one, I don't want to lose my 250GB one as well. I think its BS that Bioware said "The multiplayer won't have any affect on the outcome of the main story." Yet my galaxy readiness never moved in game unless I did some multiplayer. It went up 4% before I kept getting the freezes. And this apparently has no affect on the games over all ending? That's the one and only Bullshit I call on Bioware over the whole Mass Effect 3 thing. I haven't finished the game yet partly do to wanting a "better ending" (despite them all apparently being shit) so I wanted to do some MP before finishing up. That and the whole "extended cut" coming out in the summer apparently. I may as well just wait.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
hmm..EA, sorry if I don't take your word at face value, but this isn't the first time you've passed the buck.