South Park RPG Class List Includes the Jew

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I'm guessing Jew will be the Archer... I mean since Thief is taken NO BAD JOKE BAD JOKE.

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
i -HATE- Southpark. Its Vulgar, its Racist, Its Frankly Discusting, And it really seems to only cater for Lowest-Common Denominator Humor. I mean, Ive seen snippets of the show, and there are only so many ways that a show can make Penis jokes. I also saw part of the World of Warcraft eppisode, but stopped watching after one of the characters Defecated on his mothers face For Absolutely no reason .

Horrible show, This will be a horrible game, and the world will be worse for it.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Jimmybobjr said:
i -HATE- Southpark. Its Vulgar, its Racist, Its Frankly Discusting, And it really seems to only cater for Lowest-Common Denominator Humor. I mean, Ive seen snippets of the show, and there are only so many ways that a show can make Penis jokes. I also saw part of the World of Warcraft eppisode, but stopped watching after one of the characters Defecated on his mothers face For Absolutely no reason .

Horrible show, This will be a horrible game, and the world will be worse for it.
South Park has been relatively free of penis jokes, it's stupid and low-brow fun.
Watch the entire show before judging and LIVE A LITTLE, can't live life all uptight now can we?

Linkmeanie

Oct 20, 2010
I actually have the magazine this article was in, and read it.
They specifically mentioned no racist, Jewish related stereotypes will be associated with this class.
The name is the whole joke.

Hope this clears it up.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Jimmybobjr said:

He didn't defecate on her face, he defecated into a bedpan she held underneath him; since he had rather explosive diarrhea, some of it happened to get on her face. So, he wasn't aiming for her face, and the joke had context - it was this notion of the boys being so addicted to WoW that they simply didn't have time to do anything else brought to a hyperbolic extreme.

I'm not saying that the joke isn't crude, but your description of the joke was inaccurate. And the word is spelled "disgusting"...and "South Park"...and you don't need to capitalize a large portion of the words you chose to capitalize. Alright, I'm done.

South Park is AWESOME!

*Runs away*

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
CrazyJew said:
I am a Jew and I approve of this. It's heil-airous.
well...i *WAS* drinking a nice cold mountain dew...now i'm wiping it off my table after an explosive spit take...well played you...well played..

OT: i cannot wait to see more about this game, everything those two have worked on lately has turned amazing, let's see if the magic works again

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
SonicKoala said:
Jimmybobjr said:

He didn't defecate on her face, he defecated into a bedpan she held underneath him; since he had rather explosive diarrhea, some of it happened to get on her face. So, he wasn't aiming for her face, and the joke had context - it was this notion of the boys being so addicted to WoW that they simply didn't have time to do anything else brought to a hyperbolic extreme.

I'm not saying that the joke isn't crude, but your description of the joke was inaccurate. And the word is spelled "disgusting"...and "South Park"...and you don't need to capitalize a large portion of the words you chose to capitalize. Alright, I'm done.

South Park is AWESOME!

*Runs away*
Whether or not he was aiming at a bedpan or not is completely overshadowed by the fact that he defecated on his mother. Context has nothing to do with it. Also, im CERTAIN that most people wouldnt bother trying to find the context in that joke - Most humor isnt that witty.

And yes, i know i capitalize random words for no real reason. My history teacher from school noticed too, and he kept buggering on about it as well.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
If we are going off of the Lord of the Rings episode, then the Jew class is the Paladin class, Kyle says that he is a Paladin, while Cartman insists that he can only be a Jew

I am very excited for this game, of course it is going to offend people, but that's what they do, the offend everyone, you just gotta roll with the punches when your number comes up in their lottery pool

chif-ii

Aug 31, 2010
So let me get this straight. The way you play the Jew is to basically keep him on the very brink of death? That is so South Park.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Jimmybobjr said:
SonicKoala said:
Jimmybobjr said:

South Park is AWESOME!

*Runs away*
Whether or not he was aiming at a bedpan or not is completely overshadowed by the fact that he defecated on his mother. Context has nothing to do with it. Also, im CERTAIN that most people wouldnt bother trying to find the context in that joke - Most humor isnt that witty.

And yes, i know i capitalize random words for no real reason. My history teacher from school noticed too, and he kept buggering on about it as well.
Jeez lighten up and accept that you made a bad assumption - if you don't like South Park, stop commenting on how much you dislike it, or how crude it is... are you expecting to change our minds about what we find funny?. We mostly like SP it seems, we saw the WoW episode and laughed our asses off at the digs at WoW players, because it was funny as hell. The context of the joke is plain for all to see, at least anyone who actually watched a whole episode before turning their nose up. Seriously, if you are affected that much by someone defecating on their mother, it's probably best that you avoid South Park, and my DVD collection ;P.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Interesting. As long as the humour is as good as the show's, I'll be very pleased with the product. Also great that they'll be doing the art style similar to the show as well.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Linkmeanie said:
I actually have the magazine this article was in, and read it.
They specifically mentioned no racist, Jewish related stereotypes will be associated with this class.
The name is the whole joke.

Hope this clears it up.
That actually surprises me.

I'm pretty interested in this project atm. It could easily be a cheap cash-in, but 1. It's an RPG, which is not a genre cash-ins usually use, 2. Parker and Stone seem really involved and invested in the game, and 3. Obsidian's doing it, and I've never known them to not give a project their all.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I'm pretty interested in hearing more about this game, although to be perfectly honest I'm more interested in playing it for the humour more so than the actual game part of it. (Incidentally is that same mentality adopted by Tim Schafer fans?)

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I love that show. I just hope the game doesn't suck.

To quote Cartman, "...and the covetous Jew... ...Jews can't be paladins..."

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Kalezian said:
Kopikatsu said:
Hnnnng. My family's Jewish, but...

I wouldn't say that I take offense to this exactly, but I do feel a bit uncomfortable about it. Maybe it's just because I hate the show as a whole.

I really dont see why people get offended easily at South Park.

I mean, its an Equal Opportunity Offender [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EqualOpportunityOffender], everyone from Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, Muslums, and even
Oh for goodness sake I just got off that dam website!

OT: Im guessing there will be some angry letters about this, but eh, whatever floats thou boat.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
This game is the combination of two of my favorite things, South Park and Obsidian. I couldn't be happier. And I think I might just make my character a Jew because I can't be one in real life.