South Park RPG Class List Includes the Jew

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Kalezian said:
Kopikatsu said:
Hnnnng. My family's Jewish, but...

I wouldn't say that I take offense to this exactly, but I do feel a bit uncomfortable about it. Maybe it's just because I hate the show as a whole.

I really dont see why people get offended easily at South Park.

I mean, its an Equal Opportunity Offender [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EqualOpportunityOffender], everyone from Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, Muslums, and even Otters have been played for laughs.

Still though, I can see some jewish jokes in line with what is already in the show showing up in the game.

The fact that it is a game also should add some hilarious jokes.
Really? Whilst I personally don't get offended I can see why.

Musclepunch

Jan 9, 2010
-Dragmire- said:
I love the concept and the fact they're not doing it in 3D.(I know they use 3D programs to make the show)

If they can maintain the visual style and humor of the show, it might actually be good!
South park has humor?

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Well this isn't exact anti-semetic if that's what anyone's worried about.

It's just an RPG class that is Jewish, it's not the Holocaust again, it's not saying Jews are inhuman or sub-human, it's not a call to lynch jews or anything even remotely close to that.

So if anyone does make a big deal out of this (and they will) then I would like to ask them what exactly is anti-semetic here?

Otherwise, this game sounds interesting and like it could be fun so I'll definately be keeping an eye out for it.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Musclepunch said:
-Dragmire- said:
I love the concept and the fact they're not doing it in 3D.(I know they use 3D programs to make the show)

If they can maintain the visual style and humor of the show, it might actually be good!
South park has humor?

I enjoy South Park so I see it as having great humor but I don't think I could convince people of it's merits if they dislike it to begin with.

For the people who like that type of humor, it's a great show. For people who don't like that humor, it's a cesspool of toilet humor and cursing that has no merit being on television. Those who sit somewhere in the middle of those two categories don't seem to be very vocal on the matter.

Sean Wagner

Dec 15, 2011
I am interested to find out if this game will go as far as the the TV show has in terms of vulgarity and racism.

I hope there is:

-A Jew joke counter
-Satan
-Fulfilled stereotypes
-Penis shootings
-Gay jokes
-F-bombs
-AIDS
-An ending similar to the guitar hero episode
-Global Warming Boss Fight!

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
Sean Wagner said:
I am interested to find out if this game will go as far as the the TV show has in terms of vulgarity and racism.

I hope there is:

-A Jew joke counter
-Satan
-Fulfilled stereotypes
-Penis shootings
-Gay jokes
-F-bombs
-AIDS
Oh lord, the global warming episode. If I could just play that in game form...

I might die of laughter.

-Dragmire- said:
Musclepunch said:
-Dragmire- said:

South park has humor?

I enjoy South Park so I see it as having great humor but I don't think I could convince people of it's merits if they dislike it to begin with.

For the people who like that type of humor, it's a great show. For people who don't like that humor, it's a cesspool of toilet humor and cursing that has no merit being on television. Those who sit somewhere in the middle of those two categories don't seem to be very vocal on the matter.
I'm with this guy. As much as I want to avoid sounding like a cliched elitist, I really think a lot of people who just dismiss the show as trash don't "get it".

It's the beauty of satire. It works on two levels. On the surface, it's portraying ridiculous people doing ridiculous things, but it's also making a comment about real life people behaving ridiculously.

For instance, the "???? PROFIT!" meme is from South Park, in an episode about gnomes trying to steal underpants, as a satire of businesses failing during the dot com collapse due to having poor money-making strategies. Now is that really uneducated toilet humor? The more you knoooooow~

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Sean Wagner said:

I hope there is:

-A Jew joke counter
-Satan
-Fulfilled stereotypes
-Penis shootings
-Gay jokes
-F-bombs
-AIDS
Ooh, now this is a fan's list! We could get even crazier though, like adding Barbara Streisand as a boss, or Tom Cruise, maybe the prophet Mu[CENSORED] could be a summon, and they bleep his name every time the summon him, and he's a big black bar with the word "censored" on it, and he shoots stuff at enemies, maybe fire, maybe lolipops, we won't know, because they censor that too!

If it ended like "Guitar Queer-O", that would be hilarious. Whatever they do, I'm sure they'll keep the material new, and hopefully experiment like they have with their other projects.

I like where you're going though...

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Sean Wagner said:

I hope there is:

-A Jew joke counter
-Satan
-Fulfilled stereotypes
-Penis shootings
-Gay jokes
-F-bombs
-AIDS
I like a lot of these, but you'd probably be evil for shooting a guys penis. And I don't know if there will be Global Warming, but by the look of the Magazine, there's gonna be some ManBearPig... So that counts, kind of, right?

I have no complaints about the Jew class in the South Park Game, although I am not Jewish so that may be why. I do like Paladins, so I may be a Jew in South Park. My only complaint is: Why is Kenny a girl?

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
*Reads topic*

Now, I'm not anti -Jew and South Park has certainly made fun of God once before, proving itself to be satire in nature. Still...

... hehehe.

Seriously though, I hope the developer will be able to do it tastefully and not count on controversy to sell. I think being able to laugh at ourselves is one mark of maturity in any culture or religion.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I feel that I should be offended by then again, what's the bloody point. Carry on you crazy diamonds.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
teebeeohh said:
FUCK
this just killed the game for me since in the german version the Jew class will be immortal and one-hit everything, thanks guys.
Don't worry a gas and fire combo insta-kills any jew in the game.

And now I'm going to hell.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
teebeeohh said:
FUCK
this just killed the game for me since in the german version the Jew class will be immortal and one-hit everything, thanks guys.
Don't worry a gas and fire combo insta-kills any jew in the game.

And now I'm going to hell.
unless they turn up the realism and you have to destroy their equipment and jewelry for the gas/fire combo to work

and going to hell is not that bad, all the funny people are there

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
It's South Park. If you're offended by this, please go elsewhere, because it's South Park.

somerandomhobo

Sep 23, 2009
The jew class isn't meant to be racist, its meant to a reference to a remark cartmen made in one of the episodes (forget if it was the WoW episode, or the lotr one).

Don't get me wrong, there will be plenty of jokes people will get pissed about, but simply having Jew as a class isn't one.

If they turn around and turn the jew class into some thieving class with a massive discount bonus and other bonuses related to stereo-types then yeah, okay that's fucked up. But on the information we have right now, it seems far from it.

IronicBeet

Jun 27, 2009
personion said:
Haha, it's funny because its racist. Wait, no, it's stupid and ridiculous. And we give them more publicity for doing this and promote them to be more racist then ever to get more publicity! Oh, but it's fine, jew's are acceptable targets, right?
It's a reference to the episode entitled "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers", where when Kyle says he's a Paladin, Cartman exclaims "Jews can't be Paladins!". Do some research before you start shouting about how offensive it is.

And if you're really trying to take that standpoint, it's "Jew". With a capital J.

personion

Dec 6, 2010
IronicBeet said:
personion said:
Haha, it's funny because its racist. Wait, no, it's stupid and ridiculous. And we give them more publicity for doing this and promote them to be more racist then ever to get more publicity! Oh, but it's fine, jew's are acceptable targets, right?
It's a reference to the episode entitled "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers", where when Kyle says he's a Paladin, Cartman exclaims "Jews can't be Paladins!". Do some research before you start shouting about how offensive it is.

And if you're really trying to take that standpoint, it's "Jew". With a capital J.
Ah, so since they said it in a south park episode it's suddenly not offensive? You say I should do "some research" (watch south park) but the research wouldn't really show that it's not offensive and picking on the acceptable target Jews right?

And I can't take a stand point if I don't capitalize a word? It's one typo, not really worth bringing up.

somerandomhobo

Sep 23, 2009
Personion, what about "jew" being a class is racist/offensive ?

It's the simply mention of a race, and so far they haven't tied any stereo types to it.

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
viranimus said:
Valanthe said:
Fox is gonna have a field day with this, and it will be GLORIOUS.
No, Fox wont touch this. Then MSNBC will go apeshit over this and point out how hypocritical Fox is they see the jew class and DONT rail on it like they would rant and rail on an offensive video game that is anything less than favorable to either christianity or conservative views like intolerance toward homosexuality.

Most likely a double dip from Ed Schultz and Rachel Maddow me thinks.
Can't decide what'll be more entertaining - the game itself or the media circus it'll cause. There's nothing like a media shit-storm to brighten up your day. Sign me up for a copy!