South Park: The Stick of Truth Will Be Censored In UK, Europe - Update

Winji

Feb 11, 2012
Ed130 The Vanguard said:
Steven Bogos said:
It also appears that the censorship only applies to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, as the PC version will remain intact and uncensored.
FUCK yes!

But seriously, why only sensor the console versions?
Because glorious PC gaming master race!
Those dirty console playing peasants don't deserve the uncensored content!

themilo504

May 9, 2010
im disappointed in you Europe, I know countries like Germany are very censor happy but on a whole I expected better from us.

At least they realized that censoring the pc versions is pointless.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
guess I'm getting it on PC then, I love that I now have that option, seriously, it's not even that I want the scenes uncensored, sometimes I find things funnier censored, it's just the fact I don't even have the option, and I'm not buying a game that lacks features, y'know what would be the ultimate dick-move? if they released the uncensored scenes later as DLC. But they're not gonna do that...right?

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I was about to rage, but then I noticed the PC version will be unmolested. So yeah, not bothered.

Subatomic

Sep 1, 2011
I'm a bit annoyed with the colloquial use of 'censoring' in the article, as it implies there's some evil, secretive government controlled committee at work, when in fact it's Ubisoft removing content to get a more favourable age rating in those markets. There's no censorship in the strict sense of the word happening here, just a company trying to maximise its profit margins (an 18+ rating, especially for console games, can really cut into sales as some retail chains refuse to carry anything above 16+ and unlike for PC, retail is still hugely important for consoles).

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
VanTesla said:
Queen Michael said:
I'm pretty sure that the UK is part of Europe, guvnuh. No need to add it seperately.
I think he mean't to say EU as in all the countries that follow under the European Union which last I checked the UK was not part of the EU and have their own rules and guidelines they follow that may differ just like any other country would unless they are part of a coalition like the EU which as last I was told is a cluster F to put it lightly...
Yes but they are part of the Pan European Game Information (PEGI) rating agency so if they were trying to get round that then it does make sense to do the UK as well just to be easier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_European_Game_Information#PEGI_and_the_European_Union

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Maybe its to do with consoles having parental control options? Anyway, i really hope that instead of deleting they just put a comedy CENSORED banner over the scene - that would almost be funny.....or blurring. :)

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
AAHHHHH WTF.why i know its southpark so that kinda thing happens. Why cut it out it has an adult rating on it right ?! England is run by such a bunch of old farts.

Good thing im on PC and dont and have not bothered with consoles for ages. Seems abit much thou, are parents that lazy ?

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
seems somewhat proper to place this here, considering the creators...

I don't get why adults can't decide for themselves what they do and don't want to see, hell just have the "censor on/off" button in the menu or something...if someone is buying this game, THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GETTING INTO.

I'll gladly be getting this game very soon though.
Because adults are not smart enough or responsible enough to decide for themselves therefore it is the job of government.

Also because a child might be see it be horribly scarred for life and ripping the wings off butterflies and anal raping their neighbors if they see it in a south park game. Cause adults cannot control their children or regulate what they see or play at all therefore it is the job of government to control it.

you adults are so dumb irresponsible and clueless the government tells us so just by the fact they feel they have to leglislate this garbage and never let them tell you otherwise.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Shame on Ubisoft EMEA to censor so broadly, here in NL no one would object...
So, PC version FTW for even MORE reasons, then!

Cerebrawl

Feb 19, 2014
As a Swede I always get annoyed when a game is censored because of some other country's laws(ours are very lax), Australia, USA and Germany are the usual suspects. USA for nudity, Germany for gore, and Australia for a whole host of things.

That said: Yay for being a PC gamer I guess. [Insert master race remark here].

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
So the people behind the censorship are PC supremacist smug types, eh?

Sounds like it.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Bravely Default is being censored!
Get over it, it's not that big of a deal...

South Park is being censored!
What!? This is an outrage!

That's a bummer for sure, and as I understand it it's a self-imposed censorship? Which is kind of weird.
I mean, I think I can guess their reasoning but it's still just weird to me.

daveedbear said:
I don't see why it wouldn't. If you have Win7 go into Control Panel > Sound and the TV should be there as a sound device.
You just click on it and then make it the standard and you should be done.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
The fact that it's okay on the PC makes me happy, I would have had to find a way round it if it hadn't. It's totally ridiculous though. It's for adults, adults can handle stuff like that.

Chareater

Aug 12, 2010
I was about to fly into a rage but then.... "The PC version will remain intact and uncensored"

I love PC

missxwilliams

Feb 26, 2014
https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-uk-no-censor-on-south-park-stick-of-truth-in-the-uk ...just gonna leave this here...

MHzBurglar

Oct 5, 2010
daveedbear said:
I was willing to buy the ps3 version that was £10 more expensive for that controller/sofa experience, but I guess now I'll get it on pc, which I can play on sofa with controller, too ,but slight effort to move speakers over. Unless hdmi out of gpu can export sound to my tv. I've been meaning to look into that.
Most graphics cards will output audio just fine through HDMI (except my old GTX 285 that made a loud pop sound our of the speakers every 5 seconds regardless of whether or not I had sound enabled...)

NVidia and AMD cards typically install a virtual audio adapter along with the graphics driver that can be selected as (or will automatically be set to) your primary sound output when using HDMI and will pass the sound out the Graphics card's HDMI port.