Space Invader

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Hmm, I like this guy already! But we shall see how long it lasts.

Also, I agree with this one:
Fappy said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
'Is that a gameboy'

Calling a DS a gameboy instant win in my book (I do that too)
I still haven't forgiven Nintendo for dropping the name from their handhelds :(

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
I always wonder why people do that. Why would you go to a bar if you just want to bury your nose in a electronic gizmo/book and have everyone leave you alone? The drinks are more expensive The music is worse. You're guaranteed that, at least, one person is going to try to talk to you even if you're not a woman.

Why not just drink at home?

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Stage 3: Anger.

Aw, come on, Erin... don't be like that... Hey, listen!

You know, the 3D doesn't work with drunk vision... (not that it worked that well to begin with. Zing!)

I have that game. It was a lot of fun, actually. Good party game but lousy single-player.

Oh good. I thought you might've been playing "Drink until you can't feel feelings anymore". The gameplay in that was crap, especially the co-op.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Moonlight Butterfly said:
'Is that a gameboy'

Calling a DS a gameboy instant win in my book (I do that too)
TrilbyWill said:
That's grounds for execution, miss!
Or, at the very least, exile.
Fappy said:
I still haven't forgiven Nintendo for dropping the name from their handhelds :(
AbstractStream said:
It will always be a Gameboy dammit! Even now it's a Gamebody3DS.
You said it AbstractStream! I don't care how many fancy letters or numbers you put in front of it, or behind it. SP, DS, DS3D, ABC123, or whatever the next jumble of meaningless junk is! If it's made by Nintendo, can be held in your hands while using it, and it plays games. It. Is. A Game Boy.

The all-new Chevy Sonic isn't new anymore, dammit!

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Hopefully the guy doesn't take advantage of Erin. I've had enough of people doing that (her friend sleeping with her roommate for one thing.. then being thrown out. Yeah I haven't forgotten you know!)
Wouldn't Erin need to know where he lives so she can break into his house and throw a blunt object at his girlfriend's head first?

OfficialJab

Jan 14, 2012
I think Critical Miss is on the border of leaving my feed. Trying a story was the first warning sign, but with relationships everything is gone. Also it's not about games. Who asked for this?

SEXTON HALE

Apr 12, 2012
I will wait patiently to see where this is going but I alredy have a fair idea.
It should get very intresting very soon by my reckoning.

ShadeDragon

May 20, 2009
thepyrethatburns said:
I always wonder why people do that. Why would you go to a bar if you just want to bury your nose in a electronic gizmo/book and have everyone leave you alone? The drinks are more expensive The music is worse. You're guaranteed that, at least, one person is going to try to talk to you even if you're not a woman.

In this case she just had a very embarrassing incident involving her roommate, being where she might see Mol again would probably be the last thing she wants.

Of course it might end up worse when she stumbles home drunk, but I can't say she thought that far.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
thepyrethatburns said:

There is a difference. Just hope you'll never need it. ;)

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I see Erin's getting her booze on. And my, what a cute dress she's wearing. Gotta wonder how Kratos takes to being pushed aside. Knowing the character, it seems reasonable that he's going to politely scoot over.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
OfficialJab said:
I think Critical Miss is on the border of leaving my feed. Trying a story was the first warning sign, but with relationships everything is gone. Also it's not about games. Who asked for this?
I'm not much of a writer, but even I know that it's a lot more fun to develop your characters than it is to make them the butt of jokes until the cows come home. I, for one, like the idea of Erin developing as a person, instead of just being a cynical game critic. We have enough of those on the Escapist.
However, I do agree that the non-canonical gaming comics are great. I hope that we get a nice balance between the two in the future.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I refer to my DS as a Gameboy. Because, to me, it sounds less pedantic and that's basically what a DS is. A glorified Gameboy.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
not much happening this time, though I'm sure this is going some where good, knowing this comic, usually dose :D

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
thepyrethatburns said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Hopefully the guy doesn't take advantage of Erin. I've had enough of people doing that (her friend sleeping with her roommate for one thing.. then being thrown out. Yeah I haven't forgotten you know!)
Wouldn't Erin need to know where he lives so she can break into his house and throw a blunt object at his girlfriend's head first?
Hang on now, I will notify you that though her actions of throwing the Xbox was uncalled for, her friends are certainly what led her to do so. The guy watches as Erin and her roommate fight, then when he decides to finally stop it- the roommate insults Erin for her condition despite that the guy's the very reason she had that 'mental issue' in the first place.
Your post is incomplete.
-Erin breaks into Clutch's house with the intent of stealing or destroying his 360.
-As she is running around screaming, she comes on Mol and Clutch having their date night.
-She belittles Mol's choice in boyfriends in front of Clutch.
-They start pushing and Clutch does, at first, sit back.
-When it looks like it's getting serious, Clutch steps in.
-Mol, who is understandably frustrated (and Erin has given her plenty of reasons even before this. One example was taking Lil' Mol out shooting when Mol didn't want her shooting. There is not a single parent in the world who appreciates a "friend" undermining them in front of their kids.), does insult her.
Erin tries to cave in her skull with a 360.

Make no mistake. Erin has been taking advantage of her friends for quite some time and, this time, she crossed the line. If Clutch and Mol let her down at any point, it was when Mol didn't turn the car around and take Erin back to the hospital the moment she threw an invisible Peppy out the window. Mol chose to believe her friend when Erin said she couldn't take the hospital anymore and that she can handle it. Since then, we've seen that she hasn't been handling it but that makes Mol guilty of nothing but a bad judgement call.
Caramel Frappe said:
Instead of them trying to help or understand her, they treat her like crap and even when she apologizes the guy just throws her out. No friend, no one should do that. Is it that hard to talk to someone or sit down with them? Is it that hard to not judge people and treat others like a human being?
Every so often, I forget how young a lot of Escapists are. A similar thing happened to me in college. I, my roommate, and two friends were hanging out in my dorm room. One, who had a history of provoking two, was doing it again. Two finally snapped and tried to put one's face through a computer monitor. We stopped them and threw them both out separately so two wouldn't jump one in the hall. One did try to apologize but we let him know that he had been deliberately trying to start something for months. (Not a word of this made it to an RA or other position of authority due to friendship.)

You say "No friend, no one should do that." I say, when felony-level assault takes place, she should be grateful that Clutch is a good enough friend to just throw her out instead of calling the cops. (Oddly enough, One did that to his roommate over a different altercation. Got his roommate kicked out of the dorms a month or two before finals.)

Caramel Frappe said:
She deserves better I say, and if she was in my house stealing my Xbox and I caught her- I would of questioned her but then wanted to sit down and play a game alongside her cause you know.. she is my friend and I know her condition so it's best to bond that way.
I also forget the tendency of people to portray themselves as saints. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that you, at least, think you mean that. However, when you are actually in that situation, I would put money on you not saying "You broke into my house and tried to fracture my girlfriend's skull. Let's try to play a game on my probably broken 360 now."

Caramel Frappe said:
Besides, you do not sleep with your friend's roommate. You just don't unless you talk it over with Erin cause otherwise it's going to be a hard situation for everyone.
What?

I must have missed the societal shift where someone has to ask a girl's roommate if they can date.

Unless the roommate is dating one of the two parties, it is none of the roommate's business if two of her friends want to date. Erin is not Mol's parent and, in no way, does Clutch have to clear anything with Erin before courting Mol.

At this point, you're really stretching to find a way to divert blame away from Erin. In many ways, this is actually quite belittling to both women and people with mental problems. "Oh, she can't take responsibility for her actions. She's just a girl." "We should treat her delicately as if she were a toddler. Her mental issues make her incapable of handling criticism of her actions." White knighting isn't always the best answer. Trying to portray Erin as a poor little waif who "is being taken advantage of" is intellectually dishonest.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
ShadeDragon said:
thepyrethatburns said:

In this case she just had a very embarrassing incident involving her roommate, being where she might see Mol again would probably be the last thing she wants.

Of course it might end up worse when she stumbles home drunk, but I can't say she thought that far.
I wasn't referring to Erin in particular. Just people in general who do that.

KingofallCosmos said:
There is a difference. Just hope you'll never need it. ;)
My drinking days are long over, my friend. ^_^

Maybe. I still don't get it. When I did drink, if I was doing it at the bar, it was to get my social on. If I didn't feel like being social or just wanted to drink with a few people, I would drink at home. It just seems like a bizarre idea to go to a bar but still want everyone to leave you alone.