Space Janitors: Episode One

Space Janitors

Feb 24, 2012
Episode One

Mike Chet and Darby Richards ponder their roles as janitors aboard a space station while under rebel attack. Stay tuned for the rest of the eight episode season to roll out starting in April.

Watch Video

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Wow, finally a new show on the Escapist that I want to watch. And I hope you guys stay on Fridays, because it's probably the weakest day of the week show-wise (with all due respect to Bob and Escape to the Movies...I hardly even watch movies anymore).

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Huh, this is really good- unlike a lot of the new series that are being chugged out.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this.

StreetBushido

Nov 22, 2009
Like the idea. Dialogue was good and I would say that the show has some potential. A bit obviously Star Warsy for my taste, maybe. Liked the Soylent Green reference!

Dec 14, 2009
Good stuff guys!

Has a great premise with lots of potential for mischevious hijinks. I eagerly await the next episode.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Like it so far. Feels like it could really have some great material.

Having said that... what is up with this production scale. The size of the credits and the logos involved make me think this is a much larger production then we are used to here on the Escapist. What is the story with this show? Who's behind it and how did it get to the Escapist?

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Space Janitors said:
Space Janitors: Episode 1

Mike Chet and Darby Richards ponder their roles as janitors aboard a space station while under rebel attack. Stay tuned for the rest of the eight episode season to roll out starting in April.

Watch Video
Love it!

Well paced, and doesn't have all the, "Get it? Huh, get it?!" moments that too many shows out there have. Humor that is understated but absolutely essential, kind of like your protagonists.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Monoochrom said:
As suspected, it pretty much sucked.
At least give the people a pointer as to why you think it sucked. I think they deserve as much after trying to entertain you.

OT: I think the fact that i can now almost forgive those banner links on the sides of the site tells that the show was better than i expected it would be. I think i'll keep any eye out in the weeks to come if only to see how this all develops. I'm curious about such things.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
I cautiously like. I didn't think I would, but I seems to bear the hallmarks of potential.

Good luck, Gentlemen.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Okay, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic that this is something worth watching. First episode seems somewhat promising.

Good luck gentlemen, I wish you well in the coming episodes.

Space Janitors

Feb 24, 2012
Mouse_Crouse said:
Like it so far. Feels like it could really have some great material.

Having said that... what is up with this production scale. The size of the credits and the logos involved make me think this is a much larger production then we are used to here on the Escapist. What is the story with this show? Who's behind it and how did it get to the Escapist?
It's funded by the Canadian government, there should be a little badge on the bottom right of the Space Janitors mini site. They won a contest :)

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Avaholic03 said:
Wow, finally a new show on the Escapist that I want to watch. And I hope you guys stay on Fridays, because it's probably the weakest day of the week show-wise (with all due respect to Bob and Escape to the Movies...I hardly even watch movies anymore).
Thursdays have virtually nothing to watch. It's the weakest day in my opinion.

OT: It's too Star Warsy for me, I'm not fan of Star Wars. That being said though, the dialog was pretty good.

I'm on the fence loosing my balance, but I'm not sure which way I'm going to fall.

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
Love the humor, the setting and characters. Very interesting camera shots, and even though it has a low budget, the effects don't suck enough for me to want to stop watching.
Nicely done.