Space Janitors: Episode One

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
Now THIS is the kind of show that the escapist has needed for the longest time. Something that shows promise that doesn't seem like it's trying to cash in with blonds and boobs...

Thank you Escapist Team!

wilsontheterrible

Jul 27, 2011
Now add in the wonderful world of union contract negotiations, overtime request sheets, and endless departmental bickering and this show will be perfect.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
Just needs an effeminate robot, talking cat and one of them to die and be replaced with a hologram.

Saris Kai

Oct 5, 2009
Looks like it has promise, definitely interested in seeing where it goes. Also my tax dollars are paying for it as an Ontario citizen so everyone feel free to thank me.

Ewoc

Mar 20, 2009
N.Manth said:
a good watch guys.

I like the red dwarf feel of it.
Right?!? That or Hyperdrive. I was completely thrown off when I didn't hear British accents.

Space Janitors Crew

Feb 27, 2012
Thanks for all the positive feedback!

We consider this first episode our "pilot". Subsequent episodes are longer and we really think you guys will enjoy the arc of the season as you meet the other characters and see how they develop.

Geoff and Andy wrote some hilarious scripts and most of the cast, including Brendan (Darby) and Pat (Mike) are comedians/improvisers from the Toronto comedy community, which is going to add up to a very fun show.

We're also going to provide a lot of great supplementary stuff that you can look forward to once we launch fully in April.

Feel free to post any questions you have here on the forums and we'll do our best to answer them. Or, you can check us out on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/spacejanitors) and Twitter (@spacejanitors).

Finally, if any of you are headed to PAX East this year, come party with us!

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
Like Star Wars crossed with Red Dwarf.

In fact, too much like Star Wars crossed with Red Dwarf. Needs more originality. I look forward to future installments, assuming that happens.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Is it good? Yeah, sure, it's well made, pretty well written. Is it good enough to make me want to show my friends? Not so much.

Aim for that and you might have something. Take some risks.

Space Janitors Crew

Feb 27, 2012
Check out everyone, the first installment of Behind The Scenes, where we get a bit deeper into the character of Darby Richards:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/space-janitors/5428-Darby-Richards-Behind-the-Scenes

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Hey, this was pretty fun.

Way better than those other lame-o shows that you canceled. Except for the one of slo-mo dropping shit. That was toooooooo awesome.

I2obiN

Mar 18, 2012
This has to be a joke

Wow.. I can't believe Pure Pwnage ultimately died for this.

You know I had a feeling this would be shit (since it's set in space and there was no chance the production was going to look anything close to TV grade material) but I never imagined it would be THIS shit.

The dialogue was just fucking woeful, I barely made it past the 2 minute mark and had to force myself to go back.

I'm gonna rip into the dialogue now and get it out of the way. It's terrible, you don't just open an episode by going into wine and general conversation. What the fuck was that? I have no idea who these guys are, why they're there, what's going on, or if this is even supposed to be the show.

You then take 3 minutes of my life away having the skinny guy chat about how his ***** wants him to become an officer... YOU DRAG THIS OUT FOR 3 LONG ASS FUCKING MINUTES. I did not laugh once, is this even supposed to be a comedy? If you actually laughed out loud at all during this please tell me where.

Onto how fucking awful this looks, even their uniforms look shit, fuck me how hard is it to get good uniforms, fucking christ. You know the grey/blue janitor uniform from Scrubs? Get that, fuck me IF YOUR ENTIRE SHOW IS GOING TO BE 5 PEOPLE ON GREEN SCREEN DON'T HOLD BACK ON THE COSTUMES.

Mix up the shots for god sake, mops and buckets, back and forth for the entire fucking thing. Maybe have a closeup on the window or fuck I dunno, something.

It's hard to believe you both put your names on this. I can't understand why you'd release this to the public, I really can't, I'm trying to search for any positive but there really wasn't any. The whole "being shot at" thing was mostly just a horrible Star Warsy kinda thing.. nah it was fairly cringe worthy.

The audio was acceptable.

I don't understand how you go from making Pure Pwnage to making this, it all makes so much sense now, why Jarrett had that breakdown, it's fucking clear he was doing 90% of the work on the show to make it anywhere near decent.

Guys wtf happened, this isn't even on par with the first Pure Pwnage episode, what the fuck is this supposed to be? 3 mins for an episode? and you're doing 8 per season? Hahahhahah jesus.

Well congrats, you've just put the final nail in the coffin of what might have been an entirely new movement in television, not to mention screwing the last of your fans out of any conclusion.

I know this sounds harsh, but really dude. THIS was what was so urgent that the fans of Pure Pwnage couldn't get some sort of conclusion

whatever..

Space Janitors Crew

Feb 27, 2012
Ep 2 will premiere April 13th! Yes, it is longer than Ep 1, which as previously stated was more of a preview. We're all working really hard to make this show the best it can be and we really think you guys will dig it.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Definitely amusing. It's always nice to see a bit of a comedy from the little guy in one of these 'epic war universes', so I really can't wait to watch a bit more and see how this turns out.

Also, while some people are complaining about the helmets, I find them a nice, little touch. Then again, I'm a Halo fanboy, so it's probably just because of that that I like them as much as I do.