Space Janitors: Episode Two

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Wow. Great production values, likable characters and a genuinely interesting premise. Plus there was a good amount of pop culture references, too many and it would have become an all out parody of the genre.

Can't wait for the next episode. Best thing on the Escapist since Doomsday Arcade.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
You had me at "Rebel's Advocate".

There's promise here. The acting is very good all around. I hope this balances out to a good spread of story between characters. A Seinfeldian balance of comedy to all of the characters would make me very happy. Darby's ladder climbing is the main backbone for story, but it is going to have to move quickly or get twisty to stay interesting.

New tastebuds vs. milk was excellent. Battle scene needed better dialogue and seemed a little forced/wooden. But I guess that's a difficult rope to walk with so much green screen and one guy doing 4 parts. Keep up the good work.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
The whole scene where the Squall trooper comes in to pick up Darby for training just kills me.
I gotta agreed, I nearly dropped my laptop laughing.

OT: Definitely showing a lot of promise guys! Keep up the amazing work!

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Great ideas but the jokes in the first was better and it's waaaay to long in between the episodes...
plus whilst interesting and quite fun the best joke was in the beginning.. And the trooper was great at being annoying....

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Enjoyable. Definitely higher production values than I was expecting and I dig the addition of the two ladies. The actress who plays L seems to have really hit her stride on this one, probably the most convincing of everybody there. Edith is a joy to look at, but I'm not sure she's found her character yet.

I hope the women turn out to have some real character flaws at some point though. Right now they're sweet, smart, empathetic, unselfish and unshallow. It's hard to empathize with characters quite so inhumanly good, regardless of their profession or species. Darby on the other hand is endearing for his failings, even if some of the line reads are less than perfect.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
It was good, but I think it works better in shorter pieces like episode 1. And maybe that would make for a shorter wait between episodes?

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Episode 1 was pretty okay. This one is really fun though. The only part that got me to actually laugh was the milk bit, but the story seems interesting so it's got me hooked.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
I personally felt the comedic timing was a bit... stilted, and it didn't hold my interest. I'd suggest more frequent, punchier episodes that had fewer, tighter jokes - but then some people seem to enjoy it well enough as is.

The acting wasn't bad at all and the special effects were fine for this level of production. I just wish it didn't take so long between episodes so we could see the production and acting progress as much as the plot and characters.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
I love it. The actors are good, the props are well put together, the script is original and makes sense. This has so much promise. I am glad that this was less focused on Darby and more on the group as a whole. It helps set the stage and the group dynamics.

niceguy191

Mar 11, 2010
Spent almost the entire vid trying to figure out where I had seen the brunette from but I finally got it. Picnicface!

This series shows promise, I'm hoping it finds its stride and we end up enjoying a solid show.