Spain Won. Goddamn Octopus Right Again

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
A few seconds ago Spain won the World Cup. To those who don't give a shit about football, an octopus correctly predicted the outcome of a few matches in the World Cup, including this last one.

So, what are your thoughts about this? Are you with me in the "FOR FUCKS SAKE GODDAMNIT WHY THE FUCK COULDN'T NETHERLANDS WIN!" crowd, the "HOLY FUCKING SHIT SPAIN WON WOHOHO LET'S GET WASTED!" or the "HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT OCTOPUS WAS RIGHT LET'S KILL IT AND DISECT IT!"

EDIT: I guess I should put my opinion about the game. To be honest, the game was intense. I was cheering for Netherlands the whole way through but my dreams were shattered by Iniesta, that bastard.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Good job octopus. Good job Spain! Exciting time while watching it.

I predicted the score right <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.211198-World-Cup-Final-Your-Predictions#7144625>here

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Don't see the discussion value. Also, your options don't seem to cover very many people's reactions.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
I heard the octopus is german and after spain beat germany many german people wanted to eat it.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
It could have been coincidence, or maybe it's just Octopus's are Fortune Tellers. We need to try all octopus's before you know, we jump to any conclusions.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
That match was disgusting, that goal should never have been since the spain player was offside on the first pass to him, it doesn't matter if it rebounded off the holland player before reaching him it was still offside.

And some of those calls the referee was (and was not) making were ridiculous.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
We can't kill it, we must make it offerings of fish and assorted shellfish to please it...

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Berserker119 said:
FUCK THE OCTOPUS! NETHERLANDS SHOULD HAVE WON. NOT THE BUCKET OF GREASE THAT IS SPAIN. DIVING IS NOT FOOTBALL.
Pretty much my thoughts. It could easily be argued that the corner that never was cost the Netherlands - ridiculous decision from a referee that had done very well until that point. At the end of the day it was still Netherlands own fault for conceding such a poor goal.

Ickorus said:
That match was disgusting, that goal should never have been since the spain player was offside on the first pass to him, it doesn't matter if it rebounded off the holland player before reaching him it was still offside.
That's not how the rule works; the goal, correctly, stood.

Shovel

Jul 9, 2010
Spain did spend a lot of time on the floor. I'm not bothered though, I'm more concerned about the magical octopus than the game itself.

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
Berserker119 said:
FUCK THE OCTOPUS! NETHERLANDS SHOULD HAVE WON. NOT THE BUCKET OF GREASE THAT IS SPAIN. DIVING IS NOT FOOTBALL.
1. It's Soccer, not football.

2. Soccer is 60% diving. To participate in a soccer team you need a Bachelor's in Theater.

3. The other 40% of the game is divided between passing the ball, kicking at nowhere in particular and doing the airplane.

I wanted the Netherlands to win. Oh, well, can't have everything you want, I suppose.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I'm with the "Oh, Spain won. Cool I guess" crowd. I was routing for Germany.