Spain Won. Goddamn Octopus Right Again

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
no no, we must worship this unique specimen of octopuses.

Oh and just throwing out some advice...

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Doesn't matter that Paul rightly predicted our defeat in the semi-finals, I still vote to keep him out of the kitchen. That octopus is weirdly amazing, and no-one should ever serve him up on a platter. Never, I say!

May 28, 2009
Being an old-fashioned Lord, and therefore immensely jingoistic, I was hoping for the failure of all Spanish/Portuguese-speaking countries (mainly South America and Spain). The fact that Spain, of all countries, persevered has aggravated me quite a lot.

Of course, this octopus needs culling before people start thinking it's anything but lucky, or a fraud of some sort.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Well thats not that great. I knew Spain would win. In fact, I've predicted the outcome of every sporting event of the last 30 years correctly. It doesn't matter that I'm only 18, I did it, and I was right 100% of the time. So take that you stupid octopus

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Well I'm glad Spain won. Netherlands played pretty fucking dirty so they didnt really have much right to whine about that possible foul in the build up to the goal, in this football illiterates opinion.

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
I'm puzzled. An octopus? Wait wha...? How can an octopus predict anything, let alone express it to people?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Wadders said:
Well I'm glad Spain won. Netherlands played pretty fucking dirty so they didnt really have much right to whine about that possible foul in the build up to the goal, in this football illiterates opinion.
They weren't awarded a blatant corner that would have given them an attack instead of giving the ball to the opposition, That's what they were moaning about. And please, if you're Football illiterate, don't try and claim Holland were the thugs and Spain weren't. The amount of dissent, dives and shirt tugged performed by the Spanish was just as bad as those by the Dutch - not to mention some of the tackles...

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Ickorus said:
That match was disgusting, that goal should never have been since the spain player was offside on the first pass to him, it doesn't matter if it rebounded off the holland player before reaching him it was still offside.

And some of those calls the referee was (and was not) making were ridiculous.
THANK YOU. Some of those calls were insane, I mean yeah, the Dutch deserved almost all of their cards, but the ref ignored so many Spanish fouls it was embarassing. Also, I think DeJong should have been thrown out of the game for that karate-kick to the chest, but still, very disappointing.

D_987 said:
Wadders said:
They weren't awarded a blatant corner that would have given them an attack instead of giving the ball to the opposition, That's what they were moaning about. And please, if you're Football illiterate, don't try and claim Holland were the thugs and Spain weren't. The amount of dissent, dives and shirt tugged performed by the Spanish was just as bad as those by the Dutch - not to mention some of the tackles...
I'd also note that most of the times when the Dutch really hit someone hard they tried to help them up, Capdevila (sp?) pushed a Dutch player on purpose and smiled about it.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
DrEmo said:
Berserker119 said:
FUCK THE OCTOPUS! NETHERLANDS SHOULD HAVE WON. NOT THE BUCKET OF GREASE THAT IS SPAIN. DIVING IS NOT FOOTBALL.
1. It's Soccer, not football.
It's Football and Soccer. American Football is not the same as Football. Soccer and Football are the same. Case closed.