Spanish woman claims ownership of the Sun

Ryuu Akamatsu

Feb 26, 2009
Dana22 said:
I didn't knew you could remotely claim ownership of anything.

I hereby claim the Milky Way, and Im now your landlord, or a spacelord.
TOO LATE! I already claimed ownership of the rest of the universe.

Eat it.

The Morrigan

Wharrgarble
Nov 23, 2010
But look, she's planning to donate 10% of the proceeds to ending world hunger and another 10% to research. Presumably to find the cure for being stupid.

I claim ownership of Space. Now to get Gene Roddenberry back from the grave to pay me royalties....

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

I should charge that woman a stupid tax, or better yet, a breathing tax. For every molecule of air she breathes in, she owes me a dollar for each molecule inhaled. I thought of it first, so she better start paying up. Best thing is, I don't have to go outside while the sun's out; she has to breath 24/7.
With my breathing tax, I shall now decide on how many diamond yachts I shall buy.

Czargent Sane

May 31, 2010
*spits out soda*

I challenge her claim! finally I get to put operation sunwar into effect! haha! NASA called me crazy! the soviets called me crazy! the salvation army called me crazy! but finaly! I have an opportunity to CONQUER THE SUN! you see, I was disheartened when I first made plans to conquer the sun because, well, I couldnt conquer it from anybody. but now! oh-ho-ho, this senora is in for a world of hurt!

Panda Mania

Jul 1, 2009
Treeinthewoods said:
Does she take Visa?

Also, how does she deal with people who refuse to pay? Repossession is going to be a *****.
I believe they'll have to start employing special "Solar Repo Men." Start running!

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
Seriously... think of the implications. Every single solar-power device on Earth is taxable.

So much for doing the world a favour lady... you've just sabotaged the cleanest source of energy we have.

chinomareno

Sep 4, 2010
K then, I'll just write myself a receipt for ownership of the universe and demand an existence tax. All the proceeds will go to building the world's biggest water slide.

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
The first thing that sprang to mind when I saw this news article (actually, a translated version) was: Why is this a published news story?

Then I remembered that most news outlets are in it for pageviews. Who cares if it's not noteworthy or has any effect on anything in the world? If it's sensational enough, people will click through.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
I never asked to use her sun, it's always getting in my eyes and being annoying, forcing itself on ordinary citezens, what is she going to do if we don't pay, take the sun away? I think we need to send over over so she can personally enjoy her property.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
starhaven said:
wtf this is got to be a joke said "she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the Sun"
so shes going to charge everyone on the planet because we all use it for vit D
We're all gamers here, we don't need no stinking sun. Let's all stay inside and if we ever have to go outside, we'll bundle up and wear sunglasses so that no part of the sun will touch us. Through that, we are not using the sun. We can go out at night too, f**k the sun!

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
isn't the sun kinda like water you can't really own it it's free type thing

New York Patrick

Jul 29, 2009
I propose that we form a raiding party, walk over to Spain, pillage, and claim the sun in the name of the internets. All in favour state so in an obvious LotR reference!