Spawn Camping Marathon Gets Black Ops Players Banned

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I'm so glad i decided to give up playing an already broken game months ago since Call of duty games have always been broken to me in some way or another and this instance doesn't change my verdict on this game and most likley never will.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:
For the record, the game I was talking about is Resistance 2.
Are you sure? Last time i played R2's competitive multiplayer the spawnpoints were dynamic to the extent that you could spawn in completely different areas of the map.

Unless, you only joined the unranked 'first to 1000 kills' games, in which case your opinion is still invalid.

OT: Saying what a number have already said. This was caused by Treyarchs own short-sightedness, they should fix it with a patch or the next sequel, not by banhammering the offenders.

Short-term spawn protection seems to be the obvious way to go. Or they can copy Killzone where fast-spawning obsenely accurate and powerful turrets kill any would-be spawncamper.

Xenomemphate

Jul 16, 2010
ItsAPaul said:
"A form of boosting" eh? So attaining higher numbers is bad, weird...
Getting it through exploits is bad. Games are meant to be enjoyed, not "boosted" for bragging rights.

I have no mercy for spawn campers. They got what they deserve. Camping I agree with, in certain points. (Camping when you should be attacking is ridiculous and just pisses me off) but Spawn Camping is not on.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
lol isn't this easily fixed by game mechanic that been around for decades? you know, you spawn with Invincibility for the first 5-10 seconds <.<

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
Dragonborne88 said:
They aren't punishing you for finding a bad design, they are punishing you for EXPLOITING it to get higher ranks...just because you find a bug, doesn't mean you need to use it.

I've found plenty of bugs in games, even ones that aren't multiplayer, and I see it, then proceed on, without using it, even if it would help me in someway. I have no pity for the people they banned for being cheap.
First of all, if there is a bug, an error in the code, then the game is somewhat broken. Second of all, this video proves that the broken design of CoD is finally catching up to them to the extent of players getting banned, not for using profanity or even hacking but for playing the game the way it was designed to be played.

EDIT: Nevermind. They were boosting. for a second there I actually thought that they were good.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Fucking Johs Olin man.

First he bitches about 'contrary' gamers ruining gaming and stopping them trying anything new (even though the stuff COD fans mostly ***** about is antiquated stuff that should be left out such as Second Chance and OHK knives, not new features) and now he bans people for playing his broken ass game and finding ways to exploit the flaws TREYARCH let slip into it.

Treyarch are really getting on my nerves at the moment.

May 5, 2010
Man, with the fucked up spawns in that game, it's almost impossible NOT to spawn camp. Seriously, I've just happened to spawn right behind an enemy player like, 10 times. Am I supposed to NOT kill them?

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
This is why I play Battlefield. The spawn zones are not accessible to the opposing team. And like Rainbow 6 the weapons are designed to be good at specific things. No weapon will be good for everything. And team work is the most valued skill.

Mind you exploiting a flaw in a game is part of the player experience. I say Treyarch is to blame for not thinking out how all there little systems may affect each other.

Oilerfan92

Mar 5, 2010
Why don't they just make the spawn points somewhere where the other team can't reach, like, have it on an elevated surface and the spawners just drop of a short ledge, and nobody can get back up ?

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Great way to punish your player for your mistakes Activision. I'm glad I didn't bought a 4 year old game for $60.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Elmoth said:
The solution? Play search and destroy.
I miss the strategic element of that gametype from CoD1

In the recent games it breaks my heart to see the team that should be bomb planting just camp while the defenders rush in cause they have too much ADD to wait 3 minutes for the round to end...

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Banning the opposite team? Treyarch you adorable trolls. Only you could find a stalward defense against impossible odds a banable offense XD

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
-Samurai- said:
Hey, way to punish players for exposing the flaws in your game, Treyarch.
The fact that you can doesn't mean you should.
You can kill your mother, but would you?
I can kill you in real life, but should I?
You can kill me in real life, but would you?
You can cheat in a game, but would you?
You can find and exploit, but you don't need to exploit it!

Get some common sense man...

jonnosferatu

Mar 29, 2009
danpascooch said:
I have two sides on this:
1) Based on my experience, many of these issues actually being a problem indicate that you aren't very good at the skill side of the game by your own non-CoD definition - especially the "don't get me started on drop shots" comment. Go watch some commentaries from guys like MrDunkus, jx23, or interactivetodd on YouTube if you want to see people who are legitimately good*.
*Knocking campers with the last bit, not you.

2) That said, most of your criticisms do have some merit and I agree that the game is essentially broken - the "out-of-body" killstreaks especially.

Actually, third side:
3) You forgot the part where there are a total of ~3 distinct usable SMGs, ~3 distinct usable Assault rifles, and "essentially" 2 distinct usable sniper rifles ("essentially" used here because sniping in BlOps is a HILARIOUSLY stupid tactic) - not to mention the fact that 2 of the 3 usable shotguns are only viable because they can be silenced or dual-wielded.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Better silent those players fast or you might have to fix the game.

cocoro67 said:
Have you guys seen the rebuttal video, It would solve alot of the problems in this thread......
Aah.. The beloved Blops community. Such a shame.