Spawn Camping Marathon Gets Black Ops Players Banned

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
If this was Valve or something banning boosters, none of you would have any problems.

However, with this being an inherent, not particularly present fault in the game (BO has a TON of problems... spawn camping isn't really one of them), all of those boosters are now poor martyrs, tortured by the corporate Treyarch assholes.

Good job, everyone.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Wow so many comments on this seem to be ignoring the fact that the game was just glorified boosting.

Yes they exploited spawn mechanics, but they also had their friends make alt accounts and go on the opposite team (level 10-17 on other team) just so they could get a good K/D and on the leaderboard

They abused mechanics but they still broke the rules set by the game (rules where the penalties are well known by now)

So yes, yes they did deserve to be banned

L4WLI3T

Dec 29, 2010
Its a flawed game, sure, but it isnt the WORST game. sure, spawntrapping is annoying.
THIS is Treyarchs fault though

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
So you punishing ramdom people for pointing out a flaw in YOUR game. You should be proud of this, they've noticed a flaw and abused it and you should notice this and patch it, not punish them.
Agh! The gaming community today!

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Cpt Corallis said:
Question: Why not just implement a system where a newly spawning player in a game with fixed spawn points be invincible until three seconds have passed since they moved from the spawn point?
Would mean that people would be able to escape from spawn campers or get revenge.
Invincible but unable to do damage for 2 seconds is fair. Quick look at the surroundings, anot just making an invincible dash and killing someone.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
So, they make a flaw in their game that makes it possible to prosper from spawn camping, and instead of fixing the problem, they ban the people that found it...I hate spawn camping, actually, I hate multiplayer shooters with respawn, I prefer the round to end and then everyone lines up again and runs the next play, kind of like football. Respawn shooters are like basketball, the play is always moving and everyones everywhere.

They could have added more spawn points or made it so that if someone was camping one then they'd spawn somewhere else. Other people have pointed out spawn protection, someone said 5 second spawn protection but even 3 seconds would be plenty of time. Perks like painkiller from MW2 prevented dying instantly after coming back (if you were on a dying streak, which these guys were). Rank boosting is nothing new in games, people with multiple consoles (I could, but I don't, for instance) can play 1 on 1 or have many set up and just kill them all with one character. This is a problem in Socom but no one really minds it, it's just some digital rank that comes with time, rather than skill.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
Candrian said:
So much hate...

Ok kiddies stop bitching that people who are doing something they know is wrong are caught and punished, sure its an exploit but exploits happen.
Now to spin this story into a form you might be able to understand from Treyarch's point of view: Someone has stolen your car, they filmed themselves with neatly captioned names and addresses stealing the car and then posted it on youtube. Somebody sees the video and the police are promptly called to throw the ne'er-do-well and his retarded friends into prison.

Simple analogy so far. Now let's say Fingers Mcgee and pals stole your car because they found out that you keep leaving your keys in the glovebox. Do you say 'Oh that's alright then, I should have kept my keys with me. Let Fingers and his window-licking friends go'? NO! You insist the thieving sods are thrown into prison until they fart silently.

'But what about the other team? They were banned too.' Don't worry there's room for them in this analogy too. Now lets say that you left your keys in the car on purpose and you told Fingers about them for some reason - a cut of the chop shop profits or insurance fraud or whatever. The police find out and now your ripe buttocks are getting pounded by a burly convict too.

Think on this story for a moment and I'm sure you'll draw some parallels between this Treyarch cheating story and my Hollywood Adaptation.
That was the PERFECT analogy, I really have nothing more to say other than bad boosters are bad, and spawn kills aren't cool you wouldn't kill a Salmon when it's spawning why kill a dude?

(My analogies aren't as good as Candrian's)

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
I see this as banning people for playing the game in the (or one of the) most efficient manner possible. The point is to get kills, they found a way to get lots of kills with little to no risk to themselves without any actual cheating and got banned for it. If you don't want spawn camping, don't make it an efficient tactic.

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
If this was Valve or something banning boosters, none of you would have any problems.

However, with this being an inherent, not particularly present fault in the game (BO has a TON of problems... spawn camping isn't really one of them), all of those boosters are now poor martyrs, tortured by the corporate Treyarch assholes.

Good job, everyone.
Exactly.

These people were cheating, and even though the consistent spawns (which are only in domination, a gametype where you aren't just trying to kill people) helped them do that, they deserved the bans they got.

Spawns are a problem in Black Ops (although I've NEVER had to deal with spawn camping), but they are not the issue here.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
-Samurai- said:
Hey, way to punish players for exposing the flaws in your game, Treyarch.
They were using these flaws to their advantage, and they kept at it. They didn't send the video to Treyarch. They bragged and boosted.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
danpascooch said:
[/quote]

you sir are my hero

im glad that unlike many companies treyarch cares about how their game functions

and to the people who say they could patch this......what? patch spawn camping? are you high, how would one go about doing that?

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Not that I'm a fan of this, but both teams were involved, so no one did anything wrong really. No one was cheated, it wasn't unfair because everyone was involved, no innocent bystanders were harmed in the creation of this travesty.

They just took advantage of a system inside a completely broken game. Good job. You give someone a car that can go 900 Mph, then you give them a speeding ticket, nice fuckin' job. Lots of games have permanent spawn points, but you're the only company incapable of designing a safe area for this to occur. Broken game, poor map design, crappy leveling mechanic. That isn't the players fault.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Baresark said:
They just took advantage of a system inside a completely broken game. Good job. You give someone a car that can go 900 Mph, then you give them a speeding ticket, nice fuckin' job.
Most cars now are quite able to break the speed limits.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
MisterGobbles said:
Exactly.

These people were cheating, and even though the consistent spawns (which are only in domination, a gametype where you aren't just trying to kill people) helped them do that, they deserved the bans they got.

Spawns are a problem in Black Ops (although I've NEVER had to deal with spawn camping), but they are not the issue here.
Holy crap.

I expected to be flamed to Oblivion, honestly, and here you are agreeing with me.

Cool.

lizards said:
and to the people who say they could patch this......what? patch spawn camping? are you high, how would one go about doing that?
Spawn camping is much less of a problem in BO than random spawns that place you near the enemy.

Fixed spawns in Domination Demolition (minor fuck up) is a good thing.

There's nothing to patch here.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Wow that is retarded. I am glad I do not play Black Ops even more now. They should have a way to counter that.

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
-Samurai- said:
Hey, way to punish players for exposing the flaws in your game, Treyarch.

Maybe the people getting beat were in league with the spawn campers, or maybe they're like me and refuse to quit no matter how badly they're getting beat.
This is pretty much how i feel about this.

But yeah, it is just stupid to punish for something that is made possible in the game. They should have changed the spawns/spawning system, not to punish people for abusing something that they created.

And it kind of seems odd that the people stayed in the game, eventhough they couldn't do nothing and got killed 1 sec after they spawned.

Heck, now that Treyarch started to ban people, could it be possible that noob-tubers would be next on the list?

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
I love how Treyarch and Activision blame the players for their own shitty choices and poor design. How is it the player's fault that your rules allow people to pile on like this? The people who got whipped were "obviously collaborating" because they stayed to take the beating? So not rage quitting makes someone complicit? REALLY?!?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "Best Call of Duty ever" my ass. Every game reviewer who uttered this phrase should hang his head in shame.

I played this game for 4 hours when my cousin brought it over. Not a single second of fun was had.

I bought one Treyarch game... World at War. Never again.