Special Ops Officer, British Gamer Compete in Real Life MW2 Pit Test

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
OK just procured the video somewhere else. He was nowhere near that bad at CS:S a while back. He stopped to reload and got a really crap time for the pit. I don't like obvious staging :(

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Fucksake.

I live in the UK, and this video is blocked in my country?! This Channel is based in my country!

Fuck you Youtube, fuck you.

Delta 3 Actual

Feb 6, 2009
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
That SAS guy (I'm presuming he was SAS, i mean who else would you choose) was awesome.
one question, was that guy playing the game including his bonus's for accuracy? because if he was, then SAS guy may actually have won.
Also, 35 seconds isn't that impressive, i've done it faster :p
If he was SAS he would have won. If only because both Modern Warfare 1 and 2 got the idea for these run/gun practice zones from the killing houses that the SAS train on.

Marine Mike

Mar 3, 2010
-Torchedini- said:
colonel_alzheimers said:
Marine Mike said:
Crap, crap, and crap.

Real gun was semi-auto and had a red-dot sight.
In-game gun was fully-auto with a holographic sight.

A good test would have been to see if the gamer could have done the real course in less than triple the time of the soldier.
Sid probably used it semi-automatic by choice, based on the tactics he used.
Semi automatic saves you bullets.
also saves reload time which is almost wasted time.
It shows him switch off the safety, the fire selector only has safe and fire... therefore he didn't even have the option for auto or burst, not that he would have used it.

Zani said:
3 things, firstly the guy playing MW2 was using a MP5k with a holographic sight and not an MP5 using a silencer and iron-sights.
He was using a red-dot sight. A little better field of view than iron sights, but not nearly as good as a holographic sight.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Heh, everyone is saying that the Gamer won...
Sid's a trained warrior and probably very healthy... He's the winner in my eyes.... :p

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
On another note are those really gamers? They look and dress like douche-y hipsters.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
34.8? You're a credit to gamers everywhere.

But seriously, I don't think this proved much at all. Did the spec-ops guy even get any trial runs?

SMILEYkyle21

Feb 2, 2009
lol that's awesome, love that they actually built the thing. and like many above me have said, i would love to see a role reversal.
btw 100th post yay

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Fr331anc3r said:
Paragon Fury said:
Accuracy bonus may have played a part. Should double check.

Also, you're terrible at the The Pit Gameguy. If you want a high score, everyone knows you take the M9 and USB. 45 w/Tac Knife, and don't reload at all.
Huh, so that part about him using the same weapon as the SAS agent fell on deaf ears I would suppose.
Actually, he said the 35 seconds was his best time ever.

That means he probably hasn't tried the more effective ways, or isn't that good at it, even when not evening it out.

bassdrum

jygabyte!
Oct 6, 2009
That's kind of entertaining, but mostly to see how real tactics are applied to video game settings. MW2 thinks it's a realistic shooter? I guess that this is a pretty good test.

Although I was kind of rooting for the spec ops guy, the gamer was kind of annoying (plus, it's not a good idea to get on the bad side of a sniper badass who can kick ass and take names with such effectiveness... just saying), that was rather interesting to watch. Not that it's really a fair comparison (as has been said), because the fact that one's actually in the real world kind of makes it different from the virtual one.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I might sound like a bit of a dick here, but 35 seconds is one of his best times? I can do it in 28.

[small]I totally sound like a dick.[/small]

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Twad said:
ANd this proves... what?

Like you said, its comparing apples to oranges.

What if they reversed the roles?
That's what I thought they were going to do.

Anyway, it was still fun to watch.
Also it's nice to know that somewhere in the world, there is a show on tv that doesn't hate on video games!

silversun101

Nov 12, 2009
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
That SAS guy (I'm presuming he was SAS, i mean who else would you choose) was awesome.
one question, was that guy playing the game including his bonus's for accuracy? because if he was, then SAS guy may actually have won.
Also, 35 seconds isn't that impressive, i've done it faster :p
Yeah, so have I. And was this a his true time? Surely they wouldn't include his accuracy bonuses for the contest? And honestly, the only reason the gamer won was because he employed a tactic thats not really a viable strategy in the real thing (shooting through 2 targets with one bullet). Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think soldiers commit extensive training towards trying to line up multiple kills with a single shot.

At any rate this was a lot of fun to watch. I love that they recreated The Pit and ran it in IRL. Would be a lot of fun to see how I would stack up to the REAL Pit.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
You know, I love stock gun sounds.

I wonder under which set of copyright bullshit they had to replace the sounds with their own stock ones?

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
digitalman said:
The MP5 fires a subsonic round already (I think, correct me if I'm wrong!)
Since you asked, I will correct you. You're wrong, in a way. There were some subsonic loads produced in 9x19 Parabellum, which will come out about 100 mph below the speed of sound, but they're very uncommon. Most other variations will have a muzzle velocity above 768 mph. But the subsonic loads are very rare, and if used, are solely for weapons with suppressors, but again very rare. Odds are he was firing a more common load with powder charges that can range between 100 and 300 mph faster than the speed of sound, or super sonic. It was probably a 115 grain round, which will have a muzzle velocity of about 880 mph. I can't imagine they'd waste very specific ammunition for a TV show.