Spike Reveals Gameplay Video of BioWare's Next Game

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Farther than stars said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Farther than stars said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Bioware - Daddy, can we make a different game this time, no more RPG's they are too hard
EA - Sure thing pal, why don't you be like your big brother DICE and make military games
Bioware - YAY! thanks daddy
OK, I'm taking all of you hatemongers together in one big happy bunch of sunshine and I'll address you together. First of all, yeah, yeah, you were all very creative and funny with your criticisms (needs a little work, Raddra), but you have to have admit that so far we only have all of three seconds to go by.
Granted, if those three seconds had been spent looking down the sights of a gun in FPS-mode, I would have cringed as well, but as it stands this game could be an RTS for all we know.
I never said FPS anywhere did I? I said military and [sub]*has another look*[/sub] from what I see there is Tanks blowing up other Tanks in a small grey city environment, looks just like BF3 to me.
I never said that you said FPS, did I? I said that would have been one of the things that would have made me cringe at the prospect of the game a little bit more.
Terrific use of an example to back up your argument though. Because supposing that you didn't use the FPS format to describe what you dislike about that footage, then why list BF3, which is very much an FPS, and not piss over something like C&C Generals instead to strengthen your argument about "military" games?
Honestly I was thinking FPS, which is why I said BF3, and mentioned DICE, but my original point was either Bioware (or now I think about it probably EA) want to just make military games, because they are a sure hit in this current market. Playing it safe just isn't something I like to see Bioware doing.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
CardinalPiggles said:
Honestly I was thinking FPS, which is why I said BF3, and mentioned DICE, but my original point was either Bioware (or now I think about it probably EA) want to just make military games, because they are a sure hit in this current market. Playing it safe just isn't something I like to see Bioware doing.
Well, fair enough. But I feel we have to see Bioware at work before we judge that work so far. And that's where my point comes in and that's that we only have seconds to go by. Usually I don't form an opinion about a game from an entire trailer, so this is nothing to go by. I think we should all just wait until December the 10th to see what Bioware really instead to do with this new game.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
theheroofaction said:
Why are so many people making judgements already, speculation sure, but judgements?

Seriously, all that's known is that tanks are at some point involved in the game.

Judging from the camera angle it might be an RTS, but I'm laying no bets.
Thats my thoughts. We see a 2 second clip of a tank firing at what may be a APC of some sort. It could be an FPS or TPS, Like Merc. Inc. It could be an RTS, hell it could even be some kind of turn based game ala Valkyr Chronicals (know I misspelled that).

Honestly, none of us knows shit enough to say anything for certain, so lets refrain from disowning Bioware until we find out, kay?

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
Dismissing a game purely on the setting of it is just retarded. Genre? Stupid. Setting? Retarded. Execution is what matters, I'm not sure if many of the people posting here remember the first Modern Warfare game? That was a good game because it was executed well. It was a CoD game, the worst offenders the the modern-military epidemic. It was still good though.

I'm not a fan of Bioware, or RPG's in general. But if they execute it well and make a genuinley good game then sure, I'll consider buying it. Simple as that. I'm not going to dismiss it on retarded, or stupid grounds.