Splurges, bad game buys, impulse buys.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
GSP66 said:
making Kaidan from ME1 look like fucking Dante)
[sub][sub]I liked Kaidan[/sub][/sub]

You think you all have it bad? I brought Naughty Bear on a whim. At full price. That thing taught me the importance of research before purchase.

Captchan: know thyself

I... I need to go and think about some stuff...

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Around 1 year ago, I bought DRAGON AGE...

Got what I deserved (AND THEN SOME MORE) for not doing research and thinking it was something like Skyrim or Fable. A MASSIVE SHIT, the WORST GAME EVER, Dragon Age: Origins has effectivly been the one game that has singelhandy defeated me by boring me to death in around 40 minutes. Then I uninstalled the ************. I mean... honestly... I literally cant think of a worse game than this one. At least with stuff like Superman 64 or ET I had some laughs with the Lets Players, THIS on the other hand... its the LOWEST OF THE LOW, EVERY single videogame beats this excuse of a game, EVERY SINGLE GAME THAT I HAVE PLAYED, that includes flash games and whatnot!!!!

NEVER AGAIN.

edit: Obviously, I realize in reality Dragon Age: Origins is considerated a good, even excellent (SOMEHOW), game by some (And that makes me hate it even MORE), but its all my opinion.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Wakikifudge said:
The Wykydtron said:
Speaking of impulse buys, that was weird. I just got a huge urge to go and buy Pulsefire Ezreal... I got curious as to how much the voice changed and research indicates that it's fucking awesome!

I was seriously going to buy that hugely expensive (yet awesome) skin. Thankfully (or not?) RP purchases are disabled because of maintenance at the moment.
I would hold off on buying it unless you are an amazing Ezreal player and you want to flaunt your awesomeness. However, he got hit by the nerf truck so I'm not sure you'd even want to have the theme that much anymore.
Too late, bought him three days ago. It's so freaking awesome. There are just so many epic lines and effects... I can't believe they gave him several start game quotes

"Pulsefire Systems, online"

"Let's do this!"

Don't get me started on the level up quotes :D

Hey i'm not the best but I should be fine. People have mostly grown out of thinking skins = skill nowadays anyway... Mostly.

Still have no idea why the AS debuff was removed. I never noticed it to be that effective and nobody was ever up in arms over it...

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
Rainbow Six Vegas comes to mind. I rented it for a bit then decided to go out and buy it for some stupid reason. Getting sniped crossmap through gaps in walls and a single player that goes nowhere at a sluggish pace really brought me back down to reality.

Next would probably be Bioshock 2. Wasn't bad and I did play it a few times but it felt like 80% or so of the game was filler. Decent but nothing to brag home about. All the best parts were copied from the original anyways.

There's also Diablo 3 and WoW. Now these aren't bad games, they're just not MY kind of games. WoW requires an investment of money and time which I sorely lacked and Diablo 3 mostly required time. Also, you can only punch so many things before it gets repetitive.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
My worse impulse buy ever. WoW. It was a couple of months after it first came out. I went looking for another game and it was sold out. They had boxes of WoW at the counter and I said, "What the hell, I always wanted to try a mmo." After years of off and on playing I finally had to uninstall the demon from my hard drive to stave on the temptation to start up again. Just too much of a timesink and a social crutch for a guy like me.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
Wakikifudge said:
The Wykydtron said:
Speaking of impulse buys, that was weird. I just got a huge urge to go and buy Pulsefire Ezreal... I got curious as to how much the voice changed and research indicates that it's fucking awesome!

I was seriously going to buy that hugely expensive (yet awesome) skin. Thankfully (or not?) RP purchases are disabled because of maintenance at the moment.
I would hold off on buying it unless you are an amazing Ezreal player and you want to flaunt your awesomeness. However, he got hit by the nerf truck so I'm not sure you'd even want to have the theme that much anymore.
Still have no idea why the AS debuff was removed. I never noticed it to be that effective and nobody was ever up in arms over it...
The AS debuff was the reason he could win his lane every time if played right. It essentially allowed him to always come out on top in trades with other AD carries. In late game team fights he could hit the whole enemy team with that and allow his team to stomp them.

They also nerfed Trinity Force because Ezreal was able to kite too effectively with it since his super long range/spammable Q applies on-hit effects.

Basically, if an Ezreal fought against another AD carry where both players were of equal skill level, Ezreal would always come out on top. The only exception to this is extremely late game where some AD carries could beat him.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Wakikifudge said:
The Wykydtron said:
Wakikifudge said:
The Wykydtron said:

The AS debuff was the reason he could win his lane every time if played right. It essentially allowed him to always come out on top in trades with other AD carries. In late game team fights he could hit the whole enemy team with that and allow his team to stomp them.

They also nerfed Trinity Force because Ezreal was able to kite too effectively with it since his super long range/spammable Q applies on-hit effects.

Basically, if an Ezreal fought against another AD carry where both players were of equal skill level, Ezreal would always come out on top. The only exception to this is extremely late game where some AD carries could beat him.
[sub]*cough* Vayne *cough*[/sub]

I never relied on the Phage procs myself, I never use item actives in general except Hourglass on the relevent APs so the slow nerf barely affects me :p

I will say that if Ez didn't need Tri Force a Frozen Mallet would be hilarious. I get why people don't get Tri Force and Frozen Mallet but I like to think it's viable on some people. Like probably Irelia because fuck bitches she don't need no items!

Here's the core build: Trinity Force. You have now finished Irelia's build. Have fun destroying everybody!

GA straight after TF then build literally anything.

I will say Ez with Red Buff can 1v5 in certain situations if he's good enough at kiting. My biggest regret was deciding not to 3v1 a half health enemy team while they were taking Baron and I had red buff. Their Katarina was dead! I could have done it man!

I play too many offtanks and APs to play an AD properly in teamfights... "Focus the carry" is engrained into my mind as what every single person should do. Except our carry who should just sit back and poke whoever's closest to him. Still haven't got that one figured out unfortunately DX

I'm only good (as in good, good not passable) at Irelia, Katarina, Morgana annnnnnd that's about it. Though Nocturne is quickly climbing to the top of my list of jungle Champions. I'm playing a lot more of him lately and he's so epic. It makes me hate Flash now though.

Ult onto someone? 99% of the time they'll immediately Flash, probably over a wall and oops there goes my Paranoia cooldown T-T

Sure I have some good chase but I have to guess whether they have Flash up before I use my fear, or they'll wait for the fear to start then Flash out of it... FUCKING FLASH!

I don't blame them though, Paranoia is damn terrifying if Nocturne isn't underfed as hell.

[sub]Darrrrrkneesssss[/sub]

Benitune

Mar 23, 2011
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I saw bits and pieces on Youtube - plus the review on this very site - and it looked amazing. The gold tints on everything looked so pretty and soothing, and the combat and stealth looked like a load of fun.

So I got it in EB Games (Gamestop in Australia for those that don't know) for $70.

I got about 24 hours out of it coz I was sneaking around and exploring everywhere (I think most of that time was me leaving the game on the menu screen) but I haven't touched it since.
Not exactly a waste, but I wish I hadn't spent the $70, especially whenever I see it for $40 in EB Games or like $30 on Steam =/

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I will forever regret buying DA2 on preorder. The worst thing is I didn't realise how crap it was, compared to origins until I had finished it. If the choices had actually been real choices it might of saved the rest of the game but the whole thing was just one big lazy con.

It has made me much more careful about preordering games.

I also spent £400 on games around the time of the Steam Summer Sale.... that was really bad. No more games for me until Christmas.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
Moonlight Butterfly said:
I also spent £400 on games around the time of the Steam Summer Sale.... that was really bad.
Yes, bad

*calls Video Game Rehabilitation Center*

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
I will forever regret buying DA2 on preorder. The worst thing is I didn't realise how crap it was, compared to origins until I had finished it. If the choices had actually been real choices it might of saved the rest of the game but the whole thing was just one big lazy con.

I also spent £400 on games around the time of the Steam Summer Sale.... that was really bad. No more games for me until Christmas.
Kinda off topic, but I tallied all the games that I've bought since the beginning of the year; not including individual games bought as a package (i.e. Alone in the Dark 1,2 and 3).

It comes to 58.

Fifty-Eight.

AND IT'S STILL NOT ENOUGH.

(most of them were GOG.com promos for, like, £2.00...but still)

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
PieBrotherTB said:

Kinda off topic, but I tallied all the games that I've bought since the beginning of the year; not including individual games bought as a package (i.e. Alone in the Dark 1,2 and 3).

It comes to 58.

Fifty-Eight.

AND IT'S STILL NOT ENOUGH.

(most of them were GOG.com promos for, like, £2.00...but still)
yeah my wishlist is still growing and I'll probably spend a lot again in the christmas sale >< I mostly want XCOM, Dishonoured and Mark of the Ninja.