Spooky experiences

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Share spooky experiences youve had

Just now I was in the kitchen, and a cupboard opened and closed by itself.

D;

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
A couple months ago I was home alone and watching some TV, and I swear I saw my dog jump down the stairs and enter the living room, than I walk over and nothing's there.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Back in high school I took a summer job working with a crew that was renovating an old nursing home that had been closed down due to health code violations. There was an elevator that went from the main foyer area down to the basement, every now and then it would take itself for a ride, going up or down with no one inside.

We'd come in in the morning to find some of our tools missing. Every time we found them in the exact same room: 112. The door would always be shut and the windows closed. One day we even found a tabby cat in there when we showed up in the morning.

Speaking of cats, every now and then I spotted what looked like a black cat out of the corner of my eye, just slowly walking along the edge of a room. Upon turning my head to look at it, it of course wouldn't be there.

Annnnnd lastly, one day I was peeling wallpaper in one of the rooms and I heard a sound that I had never heard before and never heard since. I have absolutely no idea how to describe it. It didn't sound mechanical or electronic in anyway, sounded like a naturally occurring sound that something might make. Freaked me right the F**K out!

Edit: Oh, and when I was a kid, stuff used to fall off the shelves in my closet all the time. :p

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Sarah Kerrigan said:
A couple months ago I was home alone and watching some TV, and I swear I saw my dog jump down the stairs and enter the living room, than I walk over and nothing's there.
So like a ghost dog? o;0

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Back in halls...

One of the guys was chopping some meat rather enthusiastically... but the knife's a cheap piece of crap and the blade comes flying out of the handle, whizzes past one of the girls who's at the stove and she went mental. Quarter of an hour later, we started looking for the blade. Quarter of an hour after that, we gave up looking for the blade...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Say what you want about the all the ghost hunter shows...but this one always creeped me out pretty bad. Unfortunately you've got to wait till the last like, 20 seconds of the clip to see the creepy part.

(The last one is a little hard to tell, but in a clearer version of the clip you can clearly see what looks like a human silhouette peeking over the railing at the top of the stairs and then darting away.)

What makes it creepy is that they had motion-sensor lights at various places along the stairwell, anything moving on the stairs would turn on the lights. Yet nothing did. These lights were tripped and turned on when they ascended the stairs to investigate the shadows, and yet the shadows themselves didn't trip them.

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
I saw my mate's resident ghost the other week. I was sitting in her front room with everyone else, and then I saw a quilt move off of the sofa as if someone was throwing it off them to get up, and saw a woman get up off the sofa and move towards the tv, then disappear.

I asked who was in the living room, and they all said no-one, so I was kacking myself, and then someone came in and said it was "rosemary", and that she's seen her before too.

So I saw a ghost, and then found out the house was haunted.

theAlfaBlade

Jan 24, 2012
One time I heard footsteps on the 1st floor at the middle of the night, so go check on the noise

sneaking down the stairs, knowing it wasn't any of my family, bat ready,I find this 16-14 year old girl with a white sleep dress with black hair sitting on the family sofa

I remember saying hello and when she turned her head I shit you not she had bloodshot eyes when she smiled at me, I saw something on the corner of my eye. then red to black

My mom woke me up on the end of the stairs saying I probably slept walk and fell down the stairs even though I know that sound was real and I remember griping the bat and thinking of my plan.
spooke thing is I never slept walk before or after that incident.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
I remember going to uni in Wagga Wagga waaaay back.

One day, one of my teachers looked at me. She had this slight smile and a sparkle in her eyes. Everything else in the room (we were in the middle of a class) seemed to fade out/dim. She just held my eyes for a few seconds, the same Mona Lisa smile, and then broke the gaze and everything seemed to go back to normal.

I approached her after the lesson as other students were all leaving. She still had that little smile and the same sparkle in her eyes. I know you're probably expecting a Barney Stinson-style story now but it didn't go that way (she was well over 50 as well ... not really my type).

Still smiling, she said (names substituted):
Jessica: Uzo, I want you to be careful.
Uzo: .... ?
Jessica: I can tell you have a gift. And you need to be careful here.
Uzo: .... ? [mind you, at this point my mind was racing .. WTF is she talking about?]
Jessica: This town, in particular, this university. Bad things have happened here. Very. Bad. Things.
Uzo: .... ?
Jessica: Your girlfriend as well. She needs to be careful, too.

And that was it. She smiled once more, and left. I was standing there for a few more seconds pondering the new information. I've had quite a lot to do with the occult, as had my girlfriend at the time.

I've had plenty more experiences ... to quote Ghostbusters, 'I have seen shit that will turn you white,' - but I don't really like going into my occult history. I find it inspires people too much - they become interested, then fascinated, then obsessed. I find it something of a responsibility - having 'been there, done that' - I should ward people away from it. It doesn't work though.

People have been known to say that I seem to accrue 'disciples' when I start explaining my philosophies. I don't want to do that, so I shan't tell any more lest the PMs start coming.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
While I have minor incidents from my grandmothers house(minor as in I haven't seen the ghosts there but have encountered them) my family has many stories. The best one is from way back when my grandparents had just moved in. My grandma had been noticing things and tried to tell my grandpa that the house was huanted and he wouldnt listen. So then the things went after him. He finally believed my grandma when one of them scratched him down his back when he was watching tv.
Moving onward a few years my mom was at the house and going downstairs to my dad's room when she saw the main one called 'Rose'. What does she do? She runs through her. :p Another screwed up thing that happened was when my cousin had just been born. She would play with the ghost, talking to them and passing toys around. I still tease her about that haha.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
My door opens and closes by itself randomly when I am alone in the house. Windows locked and everything and I can't find any way to explain it. I was on webcam once with a friend and she freaked the hell out when it happened and I didn't notice.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
I once saw a dust devil... In South Wales! D= (so, more of a dried leaf devil really)

Absolutely terrifying! Though, obviously not paranormal in any meaningful way.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
When my friend came over and we watched good classic horror movies (poltergeist, the exorcist etc) When were were going to sleep, i went out for a glass of water and the TV was on.... with nothing but static... creepy.

Also i got a Nosebleed right after watching The Ring.....

inutaisho7996

Jun 14, 2010
The first time I played Fallout 3, it was around midnight, and I had the lights off. I was sneaking around an abandoned house in first person, and I stepped on a skeleton I didn't see. The skeleton's hand flipped up right into the camera like it was going to grab me, and it scared the hell out of me.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
I don't know how to add images or anything, so I guess I'll just talk about them instead, and maybe add a pic if someone tells me how, though googling "Shadow people" is pretty effective.

Basically, I've seen shadow people many times. I dismissed them as just a dream or something, even though it's happened a few times, but then someone linked me a picture of one, with an article, and...yeah. Seeing something that you thought you were imagining chronicled, drawn and written about is...worrying.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Even after 5 months of moving into a new flat, i still haven't gotten used to the various sounds of the house when i go to bed...they seem to change every once in a while.

...Yeah, i've got nothing, and don't really believe in most paranormal stuff. And since i don't want to rain on anyone's parade, i'm just saying that this is probably the reason for that.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
So when I was a kid I had this Ernie toy, right? (As in the guy from Sesame Street.) It was a plush toy that said various phrases when you squeezed it.

In the middle of the night, it woke me up when all by itself it went "HI PAL, LET'S PLAY." Keep in mind that no one else was in the room and I was nowhere near it.

Probably the freakiest thing that ever happened to me personally.

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
I once realized that I'm wasting my time with all these video games and I should spend all my time studying.

It was the single most creepy-ass thing I have ever thought about in my entire life. Good thing that it's not true, right?