SPORTS BALL!!! v2.0

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Holy shit, the Seattle Seahawks traded Russell Wilson to the Denver Broncos. Of all the rumors regarding HOF-bound quarterbacks these past few months, this is the one I thought most unlikely to be involved in a trade discussion. That man has been the bane of my 49ers' existence for a decade, now he's the AFC West's problem. Or is he? Good luck playing Justin Herbert and Patrick Mahomes twice a season for the rest of your career, asshole. I hate him more than I respect him, and I will love watching his career peter out in a division that's going to eat him alive.

I really should stop drinking the Hater-ade, but like Pavlov's dogs, when I hear the name "Russell Wilson," the words "FUCK HIM!" come out of my mouth like projectile vomit.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Holy shit, the Seattle Seahawks traded Russell Wilson to the Denver Broncos. Of all the rumors regarding HOF-bound quarterbacks these past few months, this is the one I thought most unlikely to be involved in a trade discussion. That man has been the bane of my 49ers' existence for a decade, now he's the AFC West's problem. Or is he? Good luck playing Justin Herbert and Patrick Mahomes twice a season for the rest of your career, asshole. I hate him more than I respect him, and I will love watching his career peter out in a division that's going to eat him alive.

I really should stop drinking the Hater-ade, but like Pavlov's dogs, when I hear the name "Russell Wilson," the words "FUCK HIM!" come out of my mouth like projectile vomit.
LET’S FUCKING GO

Who needs to draft elite QB’s? Just snag them in their prime.

For real, over the moon with this. We’ll probably have to break the bank to re sign him when his contract is up but while we have him we can build in a win now fashion.We gave up a lot of picks too, gonna be a rough few drafts ahead, but if we get Miller back and pick up a few good options I don’t see why we can’t go all the way with Wilson under centre.
AFCW is gonna be a bloodbath now, the Chiefs are obvious the ones to beat but Herbert is only gonna get better and Las Vegas are no slouches.

That Rogers contract is insane though. I thought the massive Mahomes and Dak contracts would be the craziest I’d ever see. 150 mil for a almost 38 year old. Madness.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
LET’S FUCKING GO

Who needs to draft elite QB’s? Just snag them in their prime.

For real, over the moon with this. We’ll probably have to break the bank to re sign him when his contract is up but while we have him we can build in a win now fashion.We gave up a lot of picks too, gonna be a rough few drafts ahead, but if we get Miller back and pick up a few good options I don’t see why we can’t go all the way with Wilson under centre.
AFCW is gonna be a bloodbath now, the Chiefs are obvious the ones to beat but Herbert is only gonna get better and Las Vegas are no slouches.

That Rogers contract is insane though. I thought the massive Mahomes and Dak contracts would be the craziest I’d ever see. 150 mil for a almost 38 year old. Madness.
You're welcome to him, my friend. I've enough bloody noses from him to last me to my dying day; I'm glad he's gone. And you're right, the AFC West IS going to be a bloodbath; between Herbert, Mahomes, and a Raiders team that has shown they can punch you in the mouth when they need to, Wilson might have found himself out of the frying pan and into the fire. I'd say "good luck," but that's like wishing success and happiness for the guy who beat me up and stole my girlfriend. Plus, the Broncos ARE the reason I'm a Niner's fan; this is some kinda sick, full-circle moment for me. If we manage to play and beat Wilson as a Bronco, it will be a transcendent moment for me.

And Rodgers? I don't know about that dude. I used to respect him quite a bit, but these past couple of years, he's come off like a prima donna, demanding his way with this lackadaisical, "I don't care" attitude that's just unbecoming of him. He was certainly overpaid this time. Don't get me wrong; he's absolutely a great QB, but $200M for someone who's had one foot out the door for years sounds like a pathetic, desperation move on the side of the Packers. All I know is he better do something with that money, i.e.: show up in the playoffs and bring another Lombardi, but of course, that's only my problem if my Niners have to knock him and the Packers out of the playoffs... AGAIN.

Reactions: Offworlder

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
You're welcome to him, my friend. I've enough bloody noses from him to last me to my dying day; I'm glad he's gone. And you're right, the AFC West IS going to be a bloodbath; between Herbert, Mahomes, and a Raiders team that has shown they can punch you in the mouth when they need to, Wilson might have found himself out of the frying pan and into the fire. I'd say "good luck," but that's like wishing success and happiness for the guy who beat me up and stole my girlfriend. Plus, the Broncos ARE the reason I'm a Niner's fan; this is some kinda sick, full-circle moment for me. If we manage to play and beat Wilson as a Bronco, it will be a transcendent moment for me.

And Rodgers? I don't know about that dude. I used to respect him quite a bit, but these past couple of years, he's come off like a prima donna, demanding his way with this lackadaisical, "I don't care" attitude that's just unbecoming of him. He was certainly overpaid this time. Don't get me wrong; he's absolutely a great QB, but $200M for someone who's had one foot out the door for years sounds like a pathetic, desperation move on the side of the Packers. All I know is he better do something with that money, i.e.: show up in the playoffs and bring another Lombardi, but of course, that's only my problem if my Niners have to knock him and the Packers out of the playoffs... AGAIN.
The Rodgers situation is bad relationship at this point. Constantly deriding the front office and the city but they won't let him go. But talent and money talks and I hope the city of Green Bay feels its worth it but that is a whole different capitalist nightmare.

Now I have to deal with 4 more years of this bastard owning the Bears.....huff.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The Rodgers situation is bad relationship at this point. Constantly deriding the front office and the city but they won't let him go. But talent and money talks and I hope the city of Green Bay feels its worth it but that is a whole different capitalist nightmare.

Now I have to deal with 4 more years of this bastard owning the Bears.....huff.
As a fan of a team that beat a divisional opponent 6 consecutive times until it actually mattered the 7th time in the last NFC Championship game, trust me, Rodgers' streak against your Bears is bound to end sooner rather than later. His sort of cockiness (saying what he said) is basically asking for it. And the Bears being such a traditionally violent team, I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers hasn't painted a target on his own back. Disaffected AND cocky is a recipe for disaster, and few things are more satisfying than seeing an entitled, smug asshole taking it UP the asshole.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Broncos are winning the Super Bowl next year. Brady to Bucs wins SB, then Stafford to Rams wins SB, now Wilson to Broncos wins SB...
I'd be shocked if that happened. I don't know the Broncos well enough, but I know they finished dead last in their division with a losing record. That doesn't sound like a team with only one missing piece in a 10-year QB with a history of moderate success who also finished dead last in his old division in the same year. Yeah, Stafford helped elevate the Rams to a SB, but they also stacked talent at other positions to make it possible. Show me a QB that throws to himself to win games, and I'll give the position the credit everyone else seems to think it merits.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I'd be shocked if that happened. I don't know the Broncos well enough, but I know they finished dead last in their division with a losing record. That doesn't sound like a team with only one missing piece in a 10-year QB with a history of moderate success who also finished dead last in his old division in the same year. Yeah, Stafford helped elevate the Rams to a SB, but they also stacked talent at other positions to make it possible. Show me a QB that throws to himself to win games, and I'll give the position the credit everyone else seems to think it merits.
All the sports analysts are saying Denver got a stacked roster; good WRs, great TE, great pass rusher, great corner. The Broncos went 7-10 last year in a stacked division and the Bucs went 7-9 the year before Brady.

Say sike plz
Oh wow. It does make some sense as the NFC is the easier road to the Super Bowl so why not try to get another ring if you're Brady.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

Say sike plz
Just saw this on ESPN this morning. Seriously? If he's coming back, he better play like a demigod. You can't be the greatest QB of all-time, hype your retirement AND your "return" in a singular, two-month period, then show up and go 9 and 8 and lose in the playoffs. If the Bucs don't win the SB, Brady should be run out of town. Anyway, it's obvious what the talking heads will be bumping their gums about for the next 6 months...

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
All the sports analysts are saying Denver got a stacked roster; good WRs, great TE, great pass rusher, great corner. The Broncos went 7-10 last year in a stacked division and the Bucs went 7-9 the year before Brady.
I get that the potential for greatness lies with any team at any time, but I've not heard much buzz coming out of Denver; I find it hard to believe that Wilson is the sole missing piece to make them SB contenders, not in a division that has to go through Mahomes and Herbert each twice a season. Not saying it can't happen, just that if Denver has been a powder keg missing only a match, I would expect they'd have been more contentious befitting at least a winning record. As it stands, I don't think I saw even a game of theirs last year. Clearly, QB is their biggest need, but I'm not sure if that's ALL they need. Look at my Niners: made the NFC Championship game with a QB in name only, but the kind of talent outside of that leading position that made us dangerous; I don't recall the Broncos having that same reputation. I don't follow the Broncos, so if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting a major turnaround because they've acquired Wilson.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
After months of anticipation of the new season, Formula 1 kicked off today with the first official practice in Bahrain! I woke up at 6:30am to see Bottas for the first time in the Alfa Romeo... and the first radio communication of the season was him complaining about his engine misfiring. He stayed in the pits for most of practice, and in the final 10 minutes finally came out again... only to level the same complaints. He was retired from practice as the only driver not to put up a time. I swear my guy has the shittest luck on the grid. Practice 2 starts in about a half hour; I'm hoping they got his car sorted out...

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
2022's first Formula 1Grand Prix in Bahrain was simply stunning. The new cars have really mixed up the field and given back-to-midfield teams a better shot at competitiveness.

Ferrari's Charles LeClerc won it in grand fashion, even tricking his pit wall in the final laps complaining about problems with the car just to panic them a bit as he knew he had the race in the bag. I like LeClerc, and his win was well deserved.

Both Red Bulls didn't finish, which is shocking. Both reigning (and controversial) champ Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez experienced issues in the final laps and had to retire their cars.

Lewis Hamilton managed to qualify P5 and got up to P3 for the podium, but never really seem to have the pace to compete with the cars ahead.

But my favorite was Valtteri Bottas, traded away from the Constructor's Champions at Mercedes, beat his replacement (George Russell) in Saturday's qualifying; Bottas in P6 and Russell in P9. Ultimately a Pyrrhic victory as unfortunately the race on Sunday didn't end in a similar fashion; he got off to a bad start dropping down to P14 early on, but still managed to bring his Alfa Romeo into decent points at P6, something pretty much unheard of at AR in recent years with more experienced drivers. And rookie Zhou Guanyu managed P10 meaning BOTH Alfas finished in the points!

A very promising start to the season. I know teams will figure the new cars out and adjust, but to see my new favorite team kick some of the bullies in the teeth on day one was incredible.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Well, Australia has failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time in 20 years. Our game plan against Japan in a do or die match was Matt Ryan and subs in the 88th minute. Was pretty boring for the whole match, but a draw would have kept us alive in qualifying, then we go ahead and concede 2 goals in the last 5 minutes. Japan were the better team and should have won but fuck me we are terrible. No game plan, no urgency, weak pressing and shooting outside of one free kick. To top it off I was at the game and got drenched in the rain. We need to fire Graham Arnold and find someone who can set a game plan for a full 90 minutes and can actually make subs at the right time, not when we've already lost the game.

2022's first Formula 1Grand Prix in Bahrain was simply stunning. The new cars have really mixed up the field and given back-to-midfield teams a better shot at competitiveness.

Ferrari's Charles LeClerc won it in grand fashion, even tricking his pit wall in the final laps complaining about problems with the car just to panic them a bit as he knew he had the race in the bag. I like LeClerc, and his win was well deserved.

Both Red Bulls didn't finish, which is shocking. Both reigning (and controversial) champ Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez experienced issues in the final laps and had to retire their cars.

Lewis Hamilton managed to qualify P5 and got up to P3 for the podium, but never really seem to have the pace to compete with the cars ahead.

But my favorite was Valtteri Bottas, traded away from the Constructor's Champions at Mercedes, beat his replacement (George Russell) in Saturday's qualifying; Bottas in P6 and Russell in P9. Ultimately a Pyrrhic victory as unfortunately the race on Sunday didn't end in a similar fashion; he got off to a bad start dropping down to P14 early on, but still managed to bring his Alfa Romeo into decent points at P6, something pretty much unheard of at AR in recent years with more experienced drivers. And rookie Zhou Guanyu managed P10 meaning BOTH Alfas finished in the points!

A very promising start to the season. I know teams will figure the new cars out and adjust, but to see my new favorite team kick some of the bullies in the teeth on day one was incredible.
Oh buddy, this race has got me excited for the season. I know its only race one, but if this is the new regs in place then this season is going to be incredibly interesting, especially on some of the trickier tracks. Bottas is winning the whole thing, you heard it here first.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Well, Australia has failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time in 20 years. Our game plan against Japan in a do or die match was Matt Ryan and subs in the 88th minute. Was pretty boring for the whole match, but a draw would have kept us alive in qualifying, then we go ahead and concede 2 goals in the last 5 minutes. Japan were the better team and should have won but fuck me we are terrible. No game plan, no urgency, weak pressing and shooting outside of one free kick. To top it off I was at the game and got drenched in the rain. We need to fire Graham Arnold and find someone who can set a game plan for a full 90 minutes and can actually make subs at the right time, not when we've already lost the game.
I read "Matt Ryan" and thought "did the Falcons trade him to Australia?" Jokes aside, sorry for you and your team, bud.

Bottas is winning the whole thing, you heard it here first.
I'd love nothing more, but...

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
I read "Matt Ryan" and thought "did the Falcons trade him to Australia?" Jokes aside, sorry for you and your team, bud.
Hahaha, honestly Matty Ice in midfield would be better than any of the useless dickheads we have at the moment.

For real, he's our best player and goalkeeper. He's bailed us out so much as the teams quality has thinned out over the years that we kinda rely on him to keep goals out to win. But when he has a trash defence in front of him theres only so much he can do. We can't just pray he's gonna go super saiyen every match.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Fucking FINALLY!

1648665755195.png

Not entirely sure I'm completely happy with it, but it's something. I don't know why they're limiting the changes to the postseason since ties are allowed during the regular season, and these changes would make regular season games that go into OT equally fair, but ask for a mile and get an inch in this case. Seems like they really didn't wanna budge, but have been painted into a corner to make SOME change and have conceded as little as possible. Now watch we get no postseason games go into OT for the next decade, and the execs can say "see? We told you the old rules were just fine, but noooOOOooo, you lot wanted to mix everything up!"

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Fucking FINALLY!

View attachment 5811

Not entirely sure I'm completely happy with it, but it's something. I don't know why they're limiting the changes to the postseason since ties are allowed during the regular season, and these changes would make regular season games that go into OT equally fair, but ask for a mile and get an inch in this case. Seems like they really didn't wanna budge, but have been painted into a corner to make SOME change and have conceded as little as possible. Now watch we get no postseason games go into OT for the next decade, and the execs can say "see? We told you the old rules were just fine, but noooOOOooo, you lot wanted to mix everything up!"
Yeah, I liked the rules some co-workers and I scratched out (I talked about them here a month or so ago) a little better... and we did actually get them as far as getting an NFL team low level executive (an acquaintance of one of my bosses) to give us his opinion on it. He pointed out a pitfall we genuinely hadn't seen, then politely told us it was just in general far "too radical" a change for any of the owners to get on board with. Then I saw the new rules they agreed on... that dude in the Broncos office was pretty much dead on right. Any change was going to be a slight change. Still, its something.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Yeah, I liked the rules some co-workers and I scratched out (I talked about them here a month or so ago) a little better... and we did actually get them as far as getting an NFL team low level executive (an acquaintance of one of my bosses) to give us his opinion on it. He pointed out a pitfall we genuinely hadn't seen, then politely told us it was just in general far "too radical" a change for any of the owners to get on board with. Then I saw the new rules they agreed on... that dude in the Broncos office was pretty much dead on right. Any change was going to be a slight change. Still, its something.
Yes, recall your proposal for changes to the OT rules; I too liked them better than what we ultimately got. Out of curiosity, what was the pitfall that was discovered?

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Yes, recall your proposal for changes to the OT rules; I too liked them better than what we ultimately got. Out of curiosity, what was the pitfall that was discovered?
Penalties. You'd almost have to go through the entire rule book and assign time count ups/downs for every single one just for overtime. Trying to make that as fair as possible, especially when penalties offset, would be a nightmare. You'd be constantly year after year tweaking rules for decades trying to get it right. That is something he was right about. The owners want to make one change, and have it just work and that's the end of it. So any new rule was going to be simple with as few changes as possible. And I don't like that... but I kind of get it and understand too. And, that's just kind of a natural pitfall of this kind of "design by committee" that they have in the NFL.