SPORTS BALL!!! v2.0

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Lol, World Cup going great. I mean, there's been other questionable stuff, but beer is something fans actually care about.
Have to admit to finding this kind of funny, purely because I live in Newcastle and I hate dealing with drunk fans (of football, not of me) on match days if I mistakenly end up in town. The whole World Cup thing just stinks though.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Have to admit to finding this kind of funny, purely because I live in Newcastle and I hate dealing with drunk fans (of football, not of me) on match days if I mistakenly end up in town. The whole World Cup thing just stinks though.
I must confess to not a slight amount of schadenfreude over fans having to experience a match while sober.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Man, my Niners put on a clinic against the Cardinals last night in Mexico, 38-10! We finally look like a complete team, though we're missing that explosive QB play. Jimmy G can manage a game, but he never really seems to control it. Our success comes largely on the receiving end of the ball as even our run game has slowed a bit. Still, I'll take this Jimmy over the one that throws 4th quarter picks any day.

And I'll say it again, international games bring a unique and refreshing energy. The Mexican fans came out in droves and made it feel like a Super Bowl. It was a "home" game for the Cardinals, but the sea of 49ers jerseys would lead you to believe otherwise. Wish I was there; looked like a great time. Oh, and George Kittle was gifted a Mexican luchador mask which he proudly wore into the stadium because he's one of the best humans on the planet.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
What an embarrassing display by the Argentine team. First loss in 37 games and it's the first match of the group phase of the world cup, against Saudi Arabia of all teams.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
What an embarrassing display by the Argentine team. First loss in 37 games and it's the first match of the group phase of the world cup, against Saudi Arabia of all teams.
Some redemption claimed for now at least. Some other ranking favourites are struggling too. Germany and Belgium it seems. All in all, November is such a bad time of year for this cup. And the matches take damn long!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Some redemption claimed for now at least. Some other ranking favourites are struggling too. Germany and Belgium it seems. All in all, November is such a bad time of year for this cup. And the matches take damn long!
Some very weird upsets this year in the group stage, yeah. We'll see about Poland. The VAR has kinda ruined the flow of the game for me - it's become very stop and start. Seems like there's a foul every other play.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Like I said before, save it for my big brother and father. More so my older brother, because he was enjoying himself so much on Saturday. He even took pictures of the Ohio State fans tears, sadness, and overly dramatic despair.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Lol, we lost to Morocco. Cmon Croatia, send us home so the insanity can end.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Argentina beats Poland 2-0 and moves to the knockout stage vs Australia. Then it's quarter finals vs Netherlands, which should be a hell of a match.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Congrats Croatia.

"Het is aan ons ... om naar huis te gaan"

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Argentina beats Australia 2-1, advances to quarter finals vs Netherlands. Nice that Messi won his 1000th match and even scored the first goal himself. Semis with Brazil, probably.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Argentina beats Netherlands (trial by penalties, again) and moves to semis vs Croatia. Like almost every other match nothing happens in the first half, the team leads early in the second half and then has to fight tooth and nail until the last second of the last additional minute to barely reach a draw. That last 30 minutes was pure agony.

Edit: lol

RDT_20221210_1658362613020575740741848_(1).jpg

Last edited: