SPORTS BALL!!!

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
McElroy said:
This Pukki guy is decent at football. Who knew? Finland has the best chance to qualify to EURO 2020 next year since that time they scored an OG in the penultimate qualifications match. (It was against Hungary in '97 for the 1998 WC).
He didn't look so good when Aston Villa beat Norwich 5-1 a couple of weekends ago. Yeah, I know this is not what you were talking about, but we Villa supporters need something to brag about every now and then.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Xprimentyl said:
tippy2k2 said:
Xprimentyl said:
NFL: My 49ers WHOOPED divisional opponents the Rams 20-7!!
Could you guys at least have let Goff do SOMETHING that game? My Fantasy Team got their teeth kicked in now because Goff forgot how to football.

HOW DOES SOMEONE GET 1.1 GD POINTS IN FANTASY FOOTBALL (short of being hurt)?!?!? That shouldn't be physically possible damn it!

On the plus side, The Vikings won. On the negative side, I played Diggs in fantasy too because I'm not allowed to have nice things.
Sorry, pal; t?was business, not personal. I think Goff is suffering undeserved winner?s guilt from last year?s NFC Championship game?

Wait, your quarterback only got you 1.1 points?? Don?t you get an automatic 3 points just for showing up and putting on your jersey??
0.4 points

That's it. That's what I lost by. That's 40 yards. Or 4 yards from a QB sneak. Or maybe a Philly Special so he gets 4 yards receiving (actually, it's 1 PPR so he could catch a -6 yard pass and still give me the points I needed). Or not fumbling the ball away.

You guys couldn't give me that?!?!?! :,(

At least The MLS Cup starts soon and Minnesota United are in it for the first time in their three year history. Depending on which team shows up, we either have a chance to hang with the big dawgs and go after the cup itself or we'll get curb stomped 16-0 in the first round. I swear every game we get either Elite Players or A drunken adult rec league soccer game; MN United has no middle ground.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
tippy2k2 said:
Xprimentyl said:
tippy2k2 said:
Xprimentyl said:
Snap
Sorry, pal; t?was business, not personal. I think Goff is suffering undeserved winner?s guilt from last year?s NFC Championship game?

Wait, your quarterback only got you 1.1 points?? Don?t you get an automatic 3 points just for showing up and putting on your jersey??
0.4 points

That's it. That's what I lost by. That's 40 yards. Or 4 yards from a QB sneak. Or maybe a Philly Special so he gets 4 yards receiving (actually, it's 1 PPR so he could catch a -6 yard pass and still give me the points I needed). Or not fumbling the ball away.

You guys couldn't give me that?!?!?! :,(
Had I known it was for you, I might have put in a call to Shanahan on the sidelines and told him to leash the dogs for a play or two, but seeing as I only knew we were playing the Rams and they [small](and the Seahawks and the Cowboys)[/small] can all die in a fire, you?re lucky I didn?t seek the death penalty, 20-7 being a ?slap on the wrist? by comparison.

At least The MLS Cup starts soon and Minnesota United are in it for the first time in their three year history. Depending on which team shows up, we either have a chance to hang with the big dawgs and go after the cup itself or we'll get curb stomped 16-0 in the first round. I swear every game we get either Elite Players or A drunken adult rec league soccer game; MN United has no middle ground.
I don?t follow soccer, but I looked up my home team (Columbus Crew,) and they?re 3 teams out of the series playoffs, so meh. :\ Good luck to United!

I don?t follow hockey either, but I?ll take any chance to see my home state disappoint Dallas fans, so I found myself intently watching the Columbus Blue Jackets vs Dallas Stars last night? 2-3 VICTORY! Oh, the green-clad, toothless pouts were absolutely priceless! Headed to the bar after work to talk my brand of shit, and if they?re anything like me and appreciate the difference between a ?true fan? and ?fair-weather fan,? it?ll burn ?em even worse because I won?t even know what I?m talking about! XD

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Baffle2 said:
Have you not noticed that kids are much bigger than they used to be? It's like they've all got thyroid problems.
Nah mate, it's because of vaccines.

On topic, the volleyball world cup just wrapped up, and I must say it wasn't enjoyable as an italy fan (none of the 3 superstars in the lineup, this isn't gonna go well boiz) but as a game where I was a neutral it was a truly amazing watch. The host nation (Japan) played the best volleyball I've ever seen them play, with better hops than a prize rabbit.

Add in that all the teams actually qualified to be there, unlike the Volleyball Nations League where the countries with the most money get a free pass (so we get to watch China getting ruined every game, and they have no chance of relegation) and it felt good to watch. Poland, Brazil, USA and Russia are currently the big 4 without a doubt, their 2nd teams can beat other countries 1st teams

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Welp, it wasn?t easy, but my Niners managed to claw their way past the Cardinals to 8-0!! That 3-4-1 record the Cardinals had was hiding some serious talent. I had them written off as our ?gimme? games; hadn?t felt the need to watch a single game of theirs all season? then they damn near beat us. Talk about a humbling experience. Budda Baker, Kenyan Drake, hell, even the newb Kyler Murray, my hat?s off to you, gentlemen; I see you now?

But enough about the still solidly last team in our division.

I am more than proud of my boys; way to step it up when the doubters were at their doubting-est!! My heart sunk through the floor when George Kittle hyperextended his knee early on, seriously almost got physically sick. Our entire season flashed before my eyes; I went through all the stages of grief in about 4 seconds, landing on accepting a 10-6, maybe 11-5 season, but when Kittle walked off and never removed his helmet, I KNEW we came to play. Sure as shit, a few plays later he?s smacking dudes out the way on his way to the end zone for a TD. Everybody?s been hyping our defense (and rightly so,) but calling out Jimmy G. as a ?weak link? at QB since we rely so heavily on our running game, but when the Cards all but shut our run game down, Jimmy G. shut the haters UP completing 28 of 37 for +300 yards, 4 TDs and Z-E-R-O interceptions!! And he looked CONFIDANT!! Even when the Cards were clawing back towards the end, ?Jimmy GQ? was smiling, going through his progressions, I think he even took a nap back there in pocket he was so under control!

Next up, some much deserved rest, then the Seahawks?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Xprimentyl said:
Judo Chop!
Man...everyone expected the 49ers to be better this year with Jimmy G coming back

I did not expect them to be 8 and fuqin 0 good though.

They have had an easier schedule compared to some but you can't control who you play and they've seemed to have dominated everyone they played (even that Arizona game was close only because Arizona made such a remarkable comeback, 9ers were pretty dominant that game).

I am interested to see if they keep their dominance up.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Welp, my undefeated 49ers? aren?t anymore. In what?s being hailed as one of (if not THE) best and most dramatic games of the season, we did not go gentle into that good [Monday] night against league powerhouse and divisional rival, the Seattle Seahawks (pronounced ?Sea Bitches.?) The game went into overtime and ended with their kicking a mere field goal for the win, 27-24, AND we were missing quite a few of our weapons on all sides of the ball, so essentially, even significantly wounded, we?re proven dangerous. A part of me is kinda glad to have that ?only undefeated team? monkey off our back; hopefully now the fucking commentators will find something else to say to jinx us between snaps.

Anyway, to lighten the mood (as I?m sure the masses frequenting this thread are probably quite saddened by my loss,) Tippy2k2, this is for you; recalling your and my girlfriend?s Fantasy League woes, I laughed my ass off:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
So the New England Patriots are at it again:

2007: Spygate [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(NFL)]
2014: Delfategate [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflategate]
Early 2019: Massagegate [https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10/the-disturbing-saga-of-robert-kraft]

And smattered betwixt and throughout all that has been a history of suspected collusion with referees (admittedly mostly by Patriots haters and those on the losing side of the most recent game,) and now in late 2019, they?re in overtly hot water yet again with Spygate 2.0 [https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/did-the-patriots-videotape-bengals-coaches-on-sideline-everything-you-need-to-know-about-spygate-2-0/]. Yes, basically the same thing they got caught doing over 10 years ago, but this time, they?ve taken blatantly obvious steps to distance themselves from the crime using an independent film crew (read: ?NU-UH!! WASN?T US!!?) to film a documentary for the Patriots? website about the scouting profession? at another team?s facility? without the league knowing. Guess it?s all coincidence that the team that allowed this taping session (the Cleveland Browns) just ?happened? to be playing the next team on the Patriots? schedule (the Cincinnati Bengals) at the time, and the independent film crew ?incidentally? caught 8 minutes of the Bengals? sideline signaling and play calling.

I?m not the smartest man in the world, certainly not a 6-time Super Bowl winning coach, a hall of fame quarterback or a billionaire team owner, but in the words of the NFL Countdown hosts: ?C?MON, MAN!!!!? You?ve got perhaps one of the greatest dynasties this or any sport has ever seen; quit putting asterisks in your record book!!! And it was the Bengals! LITERALLY the worst team in the league; how much of an advantage could you possibly need??

A friend of mine is a diehard Patriots fans (and staunch Republican and Trump supporter, so yeah,) and yesterday, I had to listen to him explain away how this was just a misunderstanding and explainable? yeah right. This from the same guy who couldn?t wait to disparage Colin Kaepernick for taking a knee in peaceful protest during the national anthem, but when Robert Kraft (Patriots fucking owner) got caught receiving ?services? at a massage parlor from literal sex slaves, claimed his wife was dead and he was just lonely (never mind the existence of his 30-something girlfriend at the time.) I never had half the hate for the Patriots that a lot of people do, but I?m getting there?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
The problem with The Patriots story is that for any other team, I might be fine giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Guilty or just a bunch of comical misunderstandings, The Patriots as an entire organization has pissed away any benefit of the doubt. I just think that they're gonna have to do a LOT to prove this is the case. Honestly, I'm not sure what they could possibly provide to prove their innocence as they are not denying that they did it, just that it was done as an accident, not for cheating purposes.

As for it being The Bengals, there are two potential explanations. One, it's a brand new head coach so they might not need it now but Billy Boy knows how to play the long game. Two, they've been doing this for EVERY team they play against, this is just the time they got caught.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
tippy2k2 said:
The problem with The Patriots story is that for any other team, I might be fine giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Guilty or just a bunch of comical misunderstandings, The Patriots as an entire organization has pissed away any benefit of the doubt. I just think that they're gonna have to do a LOT to prove this is the case. Honestly, I'm not sure what they could possibly provide to prove their innocence as they are not denying that they did it, just that it was done as an accident, not for cheating purposes.
About the only leg they have to stand on is that in 2007, Bill Belichick took the brunt of the blame admitting that he?d it done, but chalked it up as a misunderstanding of league rules, but this time, the film crew was there filming ?for the website,? something I?m pretty sure Belichick likely isn?t much involved in. He?s a smart guy, but if he was actively involved in a scheme this elaborate, that would make him downright evil.

As for it being The Bengals, there are two potential explanations. One, it's a brand new head coach so they might not need it now but Billy Boy knows how to play the long game. Two, they've been doing this for EVERY team they play against, this is just the time they got caught.
I?d assume the former; there?s no way in hell enough teams would allow filming in their facilities on behalf of the Patriots to make it a lucrative cheating methodology. 2007 did happened after all; asking around enough times would only raise suspicions and make the risk of discovery even greater.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
tippy2k2 said:

The thing you need to understand aboot the Patriots is that they're essentially a wrestling villain. Of course Randy Savage will cheat when the ref isn't looking. It'll make it all the more satisfying when the New York Giants kick his ass.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
38 heart attacks and my girlfriend?s ruptured eardrums later, the NFL?s regular season came to a dramatic conclusion last night as my 49ers finally, fucking FINALLY, took down the Seahawks at their house, one of, if not the, loudest and most hostile environments in the league. It?s been damn-near a decade since we?ve done it; QB Russel Wilson had a perfect 8-0 record at home against us, and the look on his stupid, cherubic face as he hung his head in defeat in front of the thousands that make up the 12th man? I? Ok, nerds, this was equivalent to that heartwarming moment when Darth Vader, watching Luke Skywalker get force lightning?d by Palpatine, had an ?ok, I?m tired of this shit? moment, grabbed Palpatine and tossed him to his death. We won the NFC West, a bye and home field in the playoffs; that?s a metric fuck-ton for a banged-up, scrappy team that this time last year was a league laughing stock and only had high draft picks in its future. I was screaming at the TV, SCREAMING. The mixture of emotions was a volatile cocktail of white-hot rage, intense desperation and manic elation play by play. Greenlaw?s tackle at the 1 yard line that cemented the Seahawks demise is one of the most passionate sports moments of my life; it was something I wanted so desperately, I would have killed for it without hesitation (in the moment, nothing premeditated.) I collapsed on the living room floor once the call was confirmed and the 49ers took over on downs with 9 seconds to go. How apropos as just two weeks ago, the Falcons beat us by breaking the plain by literal inches in the final seconds of the game, and this time, every angle showed, without question, that my Niners would NOT allow such a thing again. I cried. My girlfriend was confused and annoyed. We clawed our way through the most difficult latter half of a season schedule the league has ever seen and showed everyone that we can compete with and BEAT the best. No one knows what the playoffs will hold for us, but I?m proud of my guys for making it this far. How does anyone not love football??

And in other news:

- The Patriots LOST to the Dolphins forcing the Patriots to forego a playoff bye for the first time since the Brady/Belichick era began, and in the playoffs with conference opponents like Mahomes-flavored Kansas City Chiefs, ?little brother that got tired of getting picked on? Buffalo Bills and the flat-out scary Baltimore Ravens, well, let?s just say the Super Bowl is more than likely gonna be a little less ?Patriotic? than it has been for the past 20 years?

- The Eagles WON, beating the Giants and ripping the NFC East division from the fucking Cowboys? grimy, greedy, undeserving mitts. Every time I looked at the standings and saw my 10, 11 win team in a wild card spot while the fucking Cowboys were ?winning? their division with a barely .500 record, I wanted to puke at the sheer injustice of it. Don?t get me wrong; I?m no fan of the Eagles, and after the favor they did me yesterday, the can die in a fire for all I care, but I certainly hate the Cowboys (second only to the Seahawks,) and being able to rub in the face of all their insufferably cocky, fair weather fans the FACT that for all their apparent talent, they yet again failed to make the playoffs, is a uniquely satisfying feeling. Jason Garret and Jerry Jones have matching ?8-8? tramp stamps.

- My Ohio State Buckeyes fell to the Clemson Tigers in the Fiesta Bowl, eliminating them from contention for the national championship. Not happy about it, but I?ve always said the only game I need them to win is against our hated rival the Michigan Wolverines, and all other wins are icing on the cake, and we did that for like the 8th year in a row last month so yeah, on to next year.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
That 9ers Seahawks game was frickin awesome. I'd have preferred the Seahawks to win because I think my Vikings have a better shot against The Seahawks over The Saints but I honestly don't think there is a weak team in the NFC (besides The Eagles but after what we saw two years ago, I have a hard time just writing them off again).

Even The AFC looks better than usual. Normally the lowest seeds are kind of cupcake teams that The Patriots just have to buzzsaw through to get to their 5,224th Superbowl but now we got the young guns with Jackson and Mahomes and even Allen plus somehow Ryan Friggin Tannehill looks damn good.

The NFL Playoffs this year are shaping up to be one of the best.

SKOL!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
tippy2k2 said:
That 9ers Seahawks game was frickin awesome. I'd have preferred the Seahawks to win because I think my Vikings have a better shot against The Seahawks over The Saints but I honestly don't think there is a weak team in the NFC (besides The Eagles but after what we saw two years ago, I have a hard time just writing them off again).

Even The AFC looks better than usual. Normally the lowest seeds are kind of cupcake teams that The Patriots just have to buzzsaw through to get to their 5,224th Superbowl but now we got the young guns with Jackson and Mahomes and even Allen plus somehow Ryan Friggin Tannehill looks damn good.

The NFL Playoffs this year are shaping up to be one of the best.

SKOL!
Man, these playoff are going to be INTENSE; everyone?s going to have to bring their absolute best and every mistake is going to be crucial. I?m happy the 49ers got the bye; we need to rest and to heal up, but damn, it?s basically pick your poison after that; every game is going to be a battle. Everyone had the Packers, Saints and Seahawks as walk-off losses for the 49ers all season, but we managed to beat the odds and all of them, and fate has put them all right back in a position for revenge?

I always want my Niners to win, but this season has almost been too much too fast. Coming off a 4-12 record in the 2018 season, I was being realistic and hoping for maybe an 8-8 season that showed some growth and potential for the future; I was NOT expecting to be a 13-3 #1 seed in the playoffs with many people saying we could legitimately win it all. I love it, but the target it has put on our backs is stressful. The inflated expectations highlight any flaws and thus inflate doubts. Sports analysts have been saying that we could be in trouble in the playoffs because our defense in the latter half of the regular season ?looked nothing like the 8-0 defense,? but often leave out the fact that we were missing multiple, key starters on defense and that our final 8-game stretch consisted of 4 Super Bowl contenders (one of which we had to play twice) and our 3 losses were by a combined 13 points. That?s friggin? GOOD, but the haters gon? hate, and it stresses me out.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Pretty gripping wild card for the American Football scene. two huge upsets, two overtime games, lots of low-scoring affair. My takes on the games this week are:

Bills @ Texans:

-The Bills bungled this one in amazing fashion. I haven't seen a team try this hard to give up a 16-point lead in a long while. That 4th-and-twentysomething play, where the QB saw pressure, and ran 15 additional yards backwards before eating the sack... was one of the biggest laughts I've had in a sports event in a long time... and I was *rooting* for the bills.

-Seriously, though, the Bills are immature, but they got promise. If the Patriots continue to decline, they'll only get better.

-As a Chiefs fan, I dunno how to feel about facing the Texans in the divisional round... Bills would have been way easier to contain on offense, but their defense plays rough and one key injury would kill the Chief's season right now... Texans was probably the best outcome here, so I'll take it.

Titans @ Patriots:

-I don't hate the Patriots to nearly the same extent the rest of the NFL world does, but even I'll shed no tears to see them go one-and-done in the playoffs. Let some other teams make the AFCCG for once.

-Hard to imagine anyone stopping Henry after a game like that.

Vikings @ Saints:

-Saints clearly underestimated this game, and it bit them in the ass. Playing so hazardously all game was pretty inexcusable, even if the refs were their usual rough self on you.

-I'm far from a Saints fan, but I hate the way OT works in the NFL. Defenders of the system talk about how it's perfect because "Hey, if your defense can't stop a 70 yard drive, you *deserve* to lose"... to which I retort... "What about the team that won the coin toss? Their defense doesn't have to stop any drives. They get to sit on the bench and watch their offense carry the team." There's just no denying that the coin toss doubles the work one team has to do to win... and it's just a broken, unfair system. I feel this way no matter what team wins, but since I'm a Chiefs fan, and last year something similar happened to them, I concede that no one will believe me about it.

Seahawks @ Eagles:

-Not a lot to say about this game...except... the hit that took Wentz out of the game was one of the ugliest, dirtiest hits on a QB I've seen all season, and the fact that it wasn't flagged or even commented on is kinda disgusting. I say that as a Washington resident who has adopted the Seahawks as a second team.

Given how diverse the nationalities are on the escapist, and the fact that American Football is about as popular as competitive knitting everywhere outside the US... I know it's not a discussion many will care about, but eh! American Football is my big passion outside being a general nerd, and I was hype.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
balladbird said:
Pretty gripping wild card for the American Football scene. two huge upsets, two overtime games, lots of low-scoring affair. My takes on the games this week are:

Bills @ Texans:

-The Bills bungled this one in amazing fashion. I haven't seen a team try this hard to give up a 16-point lead in a long while. That 4th-and-twentysomething play, where the QB saw pressure, and ran 15 additional yards backwards before eating the sack... was one of the biggest laughts I've had in a sports event in a long time... and I was *rooting* for the bills.

-Seriously, though, the Bills are immature, but they got promise. If the Patriots continue to decline, they'll only get better.
Yeah, Josh Allen and the Bills looked pretty incredible getting their 16 points, but in the final moments, I think the size of the stage finally got to them and the kinds of mistakes you?d expect from inexperience showed. Those two missed tackles on Deshaun Watson at the end of the game were inexcusable; that play will be making highlight reels for years. Not to take anything away from Watson; bad tackling aside, I still have no idea how he managed absorb both hits, roll out and throw a dime in stride.

-As a Chiefs fan, I dunno how to feel about facing the Texans in the divisional round... Bills would have been way easier to contain on offense, but their defense plays rough and one key injury would kill the Chief's season right now... Texans was probably the best outcome here, so I'll take it.
In your shoes, after what I saw, I?d want the Bills. Mahomes is going to have to be his Mahomes-est for this final stretch.

Titans @ Patriots:

-I don't hate the Patriots to nearly the same extent the rest of the NFL world does, but even I'll shed no tears to see them go one-and-done in the playoffs. Let some other teams make the AFCCG for once.

-Hard to imagine anyone stopping Henry after a game like that.
My friend and his wife are Patriots fan, and they took the loss pretty hard, but secretly, I was ecstatic. I will say, I?d have preferred Tom Brady not go out like that. It was hard to watch the ?G.O.A.T.? look that impotent; he had literally no weapons around him, ZERO help, but all the talk since they lost has been how Tom Brady is done, has played his last game at Gillett, he?s too old, etc. I may not like the team and am glad they lost, but I?ll admit Brady is a great QB and he was the LEAST of their problems Saturday.

Vikings @ Saints:

-Saints clearly underestimated this game, and it bit them in the ass. Playing so hazardously all game was pretty inexcusable, even if the refs were their usual rough self on you.

-I'm far from a Saints fan, but I hate the way OT works in the NFL. Defenders of the system talk about how it's perfect because "Hey, if your defense can't stop a 70 yard drive, you *deserve* to lose"... to which I retort... "What about the team that won the coin toss? Their defense doesn't have to stop any drives. They get to sit on the bench and watch their offense carry the team." There's just no denying that the coin toss doubles the work one team has to do to win... and it's just a broken, unfair system. I feel this way no matter what team wins, but since I'm a Chiefs fan, and last year something similar happened to them, I concede that no one will believe me about it.
This one shocked me. I don?t think anyone saw this coming. I kept waiting, and waiting, and WAITING for Drew Brees do what he does best, and it simply? didn?t? happen. If Aaron Rogers loses to the Seahawks (and if there?s a God he WON?T,) it?ll signal the end of an era; the old guard is on its way out, and the young, run-n?-gun QBs are the new face of the game. Don?t get me wrong, the league has been more exciting than ever to watch lately, but the likes of Manning, Rogers, Brady and Brees have been the gold standard QB for so long, it?ll take some getting used to a game where they are no longer the ones to beat?

And I?m 100% with you on OT rules: they SUCK. I can?t believe they can?t see the blatant unfairness of it! A tied game is evidence that two teams are fighting with equal ability; why not given both teams an equal opportunity on both sides of the ball in OT??? I understand they don?t want OT games to drag on forever, but it?s just not right to let one team?s fate come down to essentially bad luck after playing as hard and as well as they did to get that far. I think maybe 5 minute quarters? Maybe get rid of the kick-off and just do a mid-field start similar to college OT rules? I don?t know, but BOTH teams deserve a chance regardless of the performance of the winner of the coin toss.

Seahawks @ Eagles:

-Not a lot to say about this game...except... the hit that took Wentz out of the game was one of the ugliest, dirtiest hits on a QB I've seen all season, and the fact that it wasn't flagged or even commented on is kinda disgusting. I say that as a Washington resident who has adopted the Seahawks as a second team.
I?m a 49ers fan, so I hate? I hate? I HATE the Seahawks more than most things. Like if a genie was willing to grant me one of two wishes: world peace or a Seahawk?s loss, I?d pick the latter. I was the Eagles? biggest fan yesterday, but I saw the writing on the wall; I had little hope for them having basically been the one team in the playoffs that was there by default rather than talent coming out of that hot mess of a train wreck that is the NFC East. I?m actually surprised it was as close as it was; 17-9 is a respectable, one-score loss; I expected it to be more like 35-10.

Given how diverse the nationalities are on the escapist, and the fact that American Football is about as popular as competitive knitting everywhere outside the US... I know it's not a discussion many will care about, but eh! American Football is my big passion outside being a general nerd, and I was hype.
Hey, I?m with you!

Nov 28, 2007
Cheat Carroll managed to make it to round 2 of the playoffs. That was the only negative thing for Wild Card Week in the playoffs, IMO. It's quite surreal to be making it to week 2 of the post-season and have both the Saints and Patriots out of the running. Niners fan, by the way, so that first round bye? Yeah, that was nice.

Now, just need Green Bay to knock out Seachickens next week, and all will be well.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Xprimentyl said:
In your shoes, after what I saw, I?d want the Bills. Mahomes is going to have to be his Mahomes-est for this final stretch.
Indeed, I was definitely leaning toward the Bills, or even the Patriots, with as lethargic as their offense is. The Texans are a team we should beat easily on paper, but when two quarterbacks capable of magic hit the field, it comes down to which one fortune will smile on in the fourth quarter.

At the end of the day, though, I'm just glad the Titans were going to the Ravens no matter what. I swear the Titans paid a gypsy to curse the Chiefs... because we always have a bad day when we play them. I'm actually less scared of the Ravens than the Titans, and that says a lot, given how explosive the Ravens have been this year!

I?m a 49ers fan, so I hate? I hate? I HATE the Seahawks more than most things. Like if a genie was willing to grant me one of two wishes: world peace or a Seahawk?s loss, I?d pick the latter. I was the Eagles? biggest fan yesterday, but I saw the writing on the wall; I had little hope for them having basically been the one team in the playoffs that was there by default rather than talent coming out of that hot mess of a train wreck that is the NFC East. I?m actually surprised it was as close as it was; 17-9 is a respectable, one-score loss; I expected it to be more like 35-10.
This must have been a pretty exciting season for you, though! From second pick in the draft to a team that would have been the toast of the league if the Ravens didn't go super-saiyan... was a pretty big shift. I spent most of my life in Missouri, thus, most of my life was spent being a fan of the Rams and Chiefs... then the Rams ownership did... *that*... and I now hate the Rams, but y'know how it goes.

Moving to Washington last year, I was kinda blown away by how intensely the football culture is integrated into society around here. I live a couple hours out of Seattle, so perhaps that's why, but man... People love their team around here.

Hey, I?m with you!
Yeah! I actually read through the the thread after posting last night and realized there's quite a little bit of american football discussion around. That'll teach me to stereotype, I suppose!

Cheat Carroll managed to make it to round 2 of the playoffs. That was the only negative thing for Wild Card Week in the playoffs, IMO. It's quite surreal to be making it to week 2 of the post-season and have both the Saints and Patriots out of the running. Niners fan, by the way, so that first round bye? Yeah, that was nice.

Now, just need Green Bay to knock out Seachickens next week, and all will be well.
If it's any consolation, the Hawks are basically just waiting for a time to get knocked out. They're an injured team held together by tape and glue. They're in the perfect bracket to make it a lot further than they should (The Eagles had no business being in the playoffs this year, sadly, and the Packers are very fragile in spite of their record), but I just can't see them making it beyond the NFCCG.