Super Toast said:
similar.squirrel said:
TimeLord said:
are.you.the.god.its.me.vader said:
Bix Law said:
Bloodstain said:
TheNaut131 said:
Sparrow said:
I'd like to think that the Escapist Magazine is an open, tolerant forum. I've been here three or so years and I didn't think the Escapist was like 4Chan. I thought you were friendly and a good forum and I say you because I don't want to be part of a forum that attacks anyone and everyone because they have something they like and they don't have the necessary skills to show that through brilliant photoshopping or whatever.
Also, I'm not a frothing Valve fan boy, my friends and I have been passing this around as a joke and we decided that it might be fun to see what the Escapist community thought of it. Obviously we shouldn't have bothered, we might as well have just thrown it in the bin and abused ourselves a bit, it would have been more pleasurable.
Im shocked that the Escapist forums are just not as pure as I thought they would be. I'm a gamer, sharing a joke I share with my friends so that I can tell them that I did it and I immediately called 'frothing Valve fan boy, jizzing on the screen' or 'a three year old' and other cruel things.
Do I even want to stay on the Forum. I certainly wouldn't continue to recommend it to my friends like I used to.
Thank you for the horrible reception community members. I won't bother in the future.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Everin said:
I'd like to think that the Escapist Magazine is an open, tolerant forum. I've been here three or so years and I didn't think the Escapist was like 4Chan. I thought you were friendly and a good forum and I say you because I don't want to be part of a forum that attacks anyone and everyone because they have something they like and they don't have the necessary skills to show that through brilliant photoshopping or whatever.
Also, I'm not a frothing Valve fan boy, my friends and I have been passing this around as a joke and we decided that it might be fun to see what the Escapist community thought of it. Obviously we shouldn't have bothered, we might as well have just thrown it in the bin and abused ourselves a bit, it would have been more pleasurable.
Im shocked that the Escapist forums are just not as pure as I thought they would be. I'm a gamer, sharing a joke I share with my friends so that I can tell them that I did it and I immediately called 'frothing Valve fan boy, jizzing on the screen' or 'a three year old' and other cruel things.
Do I even want to stay on the Forum. I certainly wouldn't continue to recommend it to my friends like I used to.
Thank you for the horrible reception community members. I won't bother in the future.
Wait.... You're complaining that you made a thread with very little discussion value and that we responded with criticism?

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Everin said:
Looks like someone just realized that the Escapist is not the bastion of Internet civility and intelligence that some people like to act like it is.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
TimeLord said:
Everin said:
Wait.... You're complaining that you made a thread with very little discussion value and that we responded with criticism?
Let me tell you a little story. I was once a little naive person, wandering around Youtube. I found the ExtraCredits guys and watched their videos. They eventually said they were leaving Youtube, but were heading to a strange website called EscapistMagazine.com. I watched videos from there, but also began to look into Critical Miss and Zero Punctuation. After long consideration I decided to make an account. I'd seen how friendly everyone was in the comments, and decided to make an account. I stuck to the main works, until I see the forums in the corner. I'd always thought they were RSS feeds, news reports, not actual user-generated content. At first, everything was fine. I commented here, commented there and all was good. But then I noticed something. People were a bit angrier than I remember, more "snooty" as I thought. Eventual I started going on the "big boy" threads...and got destroyed.

"What had happened to all the nice people?" This bothered me for sometime, but then I realized something: This is the internet. We may not be the bumbling guys over at 4chan, but we're not "great" either. We're gonna be pricks, be a bit rude, and be a bit SMART. Even if we don't try. We're also gonna have our own faults blinded by our own ignorance, but then we're gonna do a lot of different things? Why? Because we're all different people, and we act differently from one another here.

Tl;dr Sometimes we cater to one another, other times we piss each other off. DEAL WITH IT. Okay, yeah maybe I did come off a bit harsh, and I would like to apologize. But in all honesty...

Edit: Oh and next time, don't go SPREAD THE WORLD and make this out like it's some big deal.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
noahd said:
you do know the people that made zombie master are offended. also, there are plenty of other zombie mods on the source engine. even some just going off of just cs,
I had no idea I played Zombie Master a while before L4D came out. It seemed exactly the same (the bad guy controls aside) so I had always assumed it was the same people.

The more you know :p

@Everin if I saw this post without your edits I would think you where trying to pass this off as real and trick people which is why I think they reacted the way they did. Next time try to be a bit more revealing on your intent perhaps?

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Everin said:
Jezzascmezza said:
Super Toast said:
similar.squirrel said:
TimeLord said:
are.you.the.god.its.me.vader said:
Bix Law said:
Bloodstain said:
TheNaut131 said:
Sparrow said:
-snip
Is this what the medical community regards as 'butthurt'? You made a thing, people didn't like it. Boo hoo.
I thought it was okay. Especially the Choking hazard bit.