SPREAD THE WORD! Valve: 3Box. Believe.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Was there even a Counterstrike 2?

I don't really see what you expected to happen with this. There's no discussion value and I'd say that escapists are not really into spreading things like this around.

Xannieros

Jul 29, 2008
Considering Portal 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Counter Stike, Team Fortress 3 and Half Life 3 full price $49.99 each maybe $59.99 I can see it being priced around $200. Doubt it will happen. Ever.

If this is supposed to be mirroring The Orange box.
The reasons The Orange Box was so cheap was because:
Portal was really a test.
Team Fortress 2 had been out for a while.
Half Life 2 and expansions (Besides one I believe) had been out for a while.

You can be a fan, but there's a point where you look a little crazy. I think this is it.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
I really doubt Counter Strike 3 would ever be released on x360. Or another TF. Unless Microsoft changed their policies regarding steam, which is unlikely since they have a competing platform.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
I believe
Yes I admit it's very unlikely, but we can hope, also it doesn't seem like many think this'll happen so it may be comforting to have somebody say it might happen, so whatever, I believe it's a possibilty

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Thundero13 said:
I believe
Yes I admit it's very unlikely, but we can hope, also it doesn't seem like many think this'll happen so it may be comforting to have somebody say it might happen, so whatever, I believe it's a possibility

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. Also, you can fly. All you have to do is BELIEVE!

OT: ...you're kidding right? Son, look at my avatar? Does he look like he gives a shit? No? Wanna know why? Because this makes you look, and I'm trying to say this the nicest way I can, kinda slow...and slightly crazy...I would simply say "nice concept" but to be honest it isn't too great and your description is kinda weird to read.

You know, the caps lock, the actual box art, the explanation, the fact I can hear you breathing heavily, spazzing in joy, sweating profusely.

For you see, and note this is all for the sake of a minor laugh:

masher

Jul 20, 2009
The moment I saw "Team Fortress 3," I lost it laughing. And then I saw "Counter Strike: 3"

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
So...basically a Valve Fanboi just Jizzed all over this thread and expected everyone else to consider his "idea" as earth shattering, as biblically dramatic as him? And what exactly are we meant to spread? Your paint image? Please.

Not really interested in Half life 3,

Didn't like Team Fortress 2, don't care about TF3.

Was there even a counter strike 2?

They shouldn't make any more portal games, the first 2 were fantastic but they have pretty much reached the limit of portal-based puzzles being exciting. People like Portal because it's fresh; constantly churning out sequels would be the antithesis of this.

But hey, way to take Fanboy-ism to a whole new level of pretentious and annoying.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
They haven't even done Counterstrike 2, how could they do 3?

(Counterstrike Source was just a re-release of Counterstrike 1)

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
The blasphemy here is putting that in Xbox 360 box-art.

Xbox Live and Valve have always been a horrible combination.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
I won't "spread the word." Why? Because it's fanboy art. Go post it on 4chan and see what they think about this :)

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Ok... after getting over the naruto command and looking beyond the trollishness and trying like hell to keep an open mind, I would say maybe.

Now if this did actually happen it would not be a launch for the games. Because invariably they would launch each individually to make the most money off of them first. Either that or they would be forced to charge 200-300$ for one game and quite frankily there not going to do that. People love valve and all, but I dont think all people love valve that damned much.

Secondly 5 games? really? Ok, maybe if you kept with the 3 figure and released 3 games maybe. Perhaps HL3 TF3 Portal 3 to mirror what was done with the orange box. L4D is its own franchise and much as others have said there isnt even a CS2 yet. (Uhh oh.. I think Gabe just got wind of this and has finally found something else to work on so as to not have to make HL3)

So yeah, no not really. Perhaps you might see a bundle after each of these games were individually released. What I dont understand is the fanatical loyalism to valve to expect them to be such benevolent benefactors.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Sheesh. Spread the word? About what, the atrocities of your MSPaint skills? I'm not sure if you're a brilliant troll, a five year old or all three.

Alright, now the mean bit is over, what the hell bro? This... monstrosity will hopefully never exist. I mean, I hate Valve games and even I think releasing such a thing exclusively on the 360 would be a dick move.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
RagTagBand said:
So...basically a Valve Fanboi just Jizzed all over this thread and expected everyone else to consider his "idea" as earth shattering, as biblically dramatic as him? And what exactly are we meant to spread? Your paint image? Please.
Thank you for putting it into words better than anyone else ever could.

Sparrow said:
I'm not sure if you're a brilliant troll, a five year old or all three.
You didn't name three, only two...

noahd

Sep 21, 2010
Hammeroj said:
Dude, come on, there's absolutely no way you could be serious with this.

Stilkon said:
Portal 3 is completely unnecessary.
Portal 2 was completely unnecessary.
portal 4 is completely unnecessary.

xXxJessicaxXx said:
similar.squirrel said:
Choking Hazard- Small parts?
lol yeah I burst out laughing when I saw that.

I agree that Valve seem to be afraid of the number 3 perhaps they made EA make origin so they didn't have to sell dragon age 3 and mass effect 3 and crysis 3

The horror.

Daystar Clarion said:
but Valve did release L4D2 1 year after the original.
To be fair though L4D had been around for a while before it was refined and released. It was in the form of a source engine game called 'Zombie Master' I think it was called (I could be wrong it was a while ago)
you do know the people that made zombie master are offended. also, there are plenty of other zombie mods on the source engine. even some just going off of just cs,