Square Enix honors fans' desire for original Tifa chest, canonizes bra size.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
This is pretty much old news now. Funny enough, those same douchebags didn't cry about Evolution Rouge not having as a good nor well-defined ass like '94 Rouge. Where were you guys back then and now? Easy, up your own asses like usual.
That was pre-2016 - the time period where everything woke wasn't actually woke. So, Ripley showing up all the marines in Aliens; not woke. Sarah Conner being toned as fuck in T2; not woke. Eowyn saying "I am no man" right before slaying the Witch King in Return of the King; not woke.

Aloy looking like the face model they scanned in; not woke. Aloy looking like the face model the scanned in '22; woke. Storm has a mohawk; not woke. Storm has a mohawk '24; woke.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Aloy looking like the face model they scanned in; not woke. Aloy looking like the face model the scanned in '22; woke. Storm has a mohawk; not woke. Storm has a mohawk '24; woke.
So stupid and having their heads up their own asses. Especially the part with the mohawk. You saw her with the Mohawk in one of the live action movies, and now you're going to complain? Storm had the Mohawk in the 1980s so none of you have the right to complain. Like I said before, most of these people aren't even actual fans; they're just parasites pretending to be fans.

Reactions: bluegate

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So stupid and having their heads up their own asses. Especially the part with the mohawk. You saw her with the Mohawk in one of the live action movies, and now you're going to complain? Storm had the Mohawk in the 1980s so none of you have the right to complain. Like I said before, most of these people aren't even actual fans; they're just parasites pretending to be fans.
I won't be surprised when reactionaries start complaining "woke" Disney made a black woman and a disabled man two of the most powerful mutants.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So, Ripley showing up all the marines in Aliens; not woke.
Because her characterization didn't come at the cost of all the people around her.

Sarah Conner being toned as fuck in T2; not woke.
See above. Arnold was the star, and her strength didn't overtake that but also neither did his. They were equals in story importance and activity.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I agree, I don't understand the mohawk thing. Girls were big into mohawks during the 80's punk revolution thing and it meant nothing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Because her characterization didn't come at the cost of all the people around her.

See above. Arnold was the star, and her strength didn't overtake that but also neither did his. They were equals in story importance and activity.
You know most of those jackasses don't care, have forgotten about that little detail, or will hide behind it when it's convenient because they otherwise have nothing else to stand on. Not they did in the first place.

I agree, I don't understand the mohawk thing. Girls were big into mohawks during the 80's punk revolution thing and it meant nothing.
It meant something to the girls doing it. The mohawk for ladies has come back, albeit, in a different fashion. We already discussed the Gwen Stacy haircut back in 2023. Now as far as actual traditional mohawks, it wouldn't be surprising when those eventually come back or already have. Funny enough nobody complained about the Amazons with Mohawks and God Hand either, though most people don't know that game even today. They're in bikinis with spiked nipples anyway, so those twats wouldn't cry about it anyway.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
She would look so much better if she was just in a good one piece. Could even be one of those sexy ones like this.
No, I agree. That would be better. But then folks would probably start complaining about her looking too slutty or something.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
No, I agree. That would be better. But then folks would probably start complaining about her looking too slutty or something.
Probably not, its a bathing suit, there is a certain amount of built in sexyness from that. If its a gratuitous swimming scene like that stupid as fuck hot spring that shows up in the middle of a dungeon in FFX2 then I can see complaining about it.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

And?

Ripley's still the one who shows up all the men despite not being militarily trained, and the only man who treats her as an equel gets conveniently wounded near the end so that she gets to be the hero. And Sarah is muscular because the movie wanted her ugly on purpose. Also, she doesn't smile.

I'm sorry, but by post-'16 rules this is all woke as shit.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So the whole lot of these complainers should just own it, then. Stop pretending it's about respecting the character, or artistic vision, or anything aside from expecting women to be nothing but eye candy.
I mean maybe if the creeps and the "journalists" could just ignore each other and live and let live, everything would be a whole lot better.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Given what a nontroversy it was I think it kinda sends the wrong message that the devs go back on their decision. It wasn't like Tifa had suddenly become flat.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean maybe if the creeps and the "journalists" could just ignore each other and live and let live, everything would be a whole lot better.
It's the creeps that are the bigger problem than the "journalists". I'm not coming for their defense either, but at least with the journalist they say the one thing and then move on for a long while (until the next time). The creeps will go on 24/7 Non-Stop. Especially the ones that live their lives on youtube, facebook, and Twitter. Even when the journalist ignore them, the creeps are almost always the ones to instigate it or make it worse. Especially the ones that follow rage baiters or are the rage baiters themselves.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It's the creeps that are the bigger problem than the "journalists". I'm not coming for their defense either, but at least with the journalist they say the one thing and then move on for a long while (until the next time). The creeps will go on 24/7 Non-Stop. Especially the ones that live their lives on youtube, facebook, and Twitter. Even when the journalist ignore them, the creeps are almost always the ones to instigate it or make it worse. Especially the ones that follow rage baiters or are the rage baiters themselves.
Have we even identified this as an actual "news" story? Cause despite this specific thread, I haven't heard of this from anyone. And the initial post is just screen grabs so it doesn't even link to anything.

Just to keep the boob theme going and for no other reason.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Have we even identified this as an actual "news" story?
No. It's already been established at the news story is fake and someone made it up. I'm just pulling out the usual patterns and what's happened beforehand when it involves how a woman looks or dresses or whatever in a video game.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
No. It's already been established at the news story is fake and someone made it up. I'm just pulling out the usual patterns and what's happened beforehand when it involves how a woman looks or dresses or whatever in a video game.
I thought so. So why is Critical pretending it is real? Other then the expected reason?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So why is Critical pretending it is real?
I don't know. Last I checked even he agreed that the rumors are false, and he had no problem admitting that. It's just all about what will happen "next time", because of journos or whatever, or sometimes down playing the creeps problems and making it seem like Japan is perfect with everything in their media nor don't have any problems with social pressure and issues. Though really, it's Dreiko that is suffering the worse with this and doesn't even seem to get it when the truth is revealed.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluegate and Worgen
Nov 9, 2015
This very thread we're in right now pretty much validates claims that certain "gamers" ( hate the term ) could very well be "creeps".

A fake article pops up on the internet talking about how a character's breast size has increased and how her breast size was made smaller in the last game and you instantly have a thread popup with the opening poster going; See! They did make the breasts smaller! "We" were right! I just want to oggle boobs!
Let me get this straight. If I spend any time on this and don't agree with you I'm a creep, and if spend any time on this and I do agree with you I'm a well adjusted individual. Uh... alright then. Hello, I'm a creep. Nice to meet you, and no I don't have anything better to do.

Game journalists and their cohorts have been obsessed with the size of fictional characters' breasts for 10+ years, and when people begin complaining about an obvious trend in AAA games, something you have to be purposely ignorant not to acknowledge, "Why are gamers so obsessed with a fictional character's breasts?" Huh? What? I didn't tell them the acceptable size of breasts, you did. It's what you've been asking for 10+ years. "We're not making characters ugly, you ugly freak", show them Stellar Blade and their heads explode. Broski, you literally asked for this, are you dog chasing cars?

Soon after FF7R was announced people began doomposting the game was going to be censored, so much that the director specifically addressed this issue by confirming it. Why would people immediately jump to that conclusion? It's because it's true, everyone knows this.

This bizzare corporate elite ideology has lost the plot. The mask fell off last week with Gemini AI if you didn't notice. The last thing I want is these ideologues from Kotaku determining the content in video games, and don't get me started on Resetera and Twitter, they've have actual developers there.

Reactions: CriticalGaming