Stand-up Comedians

G96 Saber

Jun 5, 2011
Favorites: Frankie Boyle, Lee Evans, Russell Howard and David Mitchell.

Least Favorite: Michael McIntyre, (not because he is not very funny, but because he steals other comedians jokes) and most Female or American comedians. You could say that's sexist/racist but its just true. Note: i say "most" Female/American comedians, some are very funny.

epialesofaergia

Jun 6, 2011
My absolute favorite stand up of all time is Bill Hicks. Other favorites are Eugene Mirman, Todd Barry, Louis C.K., Patton Oswalt, and Bill Burr.

My least favorites are Denis Leary, Colin Quinn, Mario Cantone, Jim Norton, and Carlos Mencia.

neoptolemus

Jun 30, 2011
Dylan Moran, Russel Howard, Bill Bailey, Lee Mack, Dara O'Brien, Jon Richardson, Stewart Lee, George Carlin.

M Silverthorn

Nov 9, 2008
George Carlin, may he rest in peace. I'm half-sure he's down there now. Screaming up at us.

Thumbs-up to the following in no particular order; Eddie Izzard (Saw him live, was very sore from laughing all night afterwards), Pablo Francisco, Christopher Titus, Dave Chappelle, Robin Williams and a younger version of Mike MacDonald.

If there's a bunch that I haven't enjoyed, they've been swiftly removed from my memory and I'll let them live...wherever they are.

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
My least fav is a bit controversial, because some consider him one of, if not the best stand up of all time.

I do not like Billy Connolly, I don't know why, but I have never laughed at any of his jokes. Some comedians you can see why they may be considered funny, but with Billy, I just don't see why he is supposed to be?

APBullet42

Jun 8, 2011
Good ones:
George Carlin, Lewis Black, Daniel Tosh, Zach Galifianakis (yes he does stand-up) and Demetri Martin.

Bad ones:
Carlos Mencia, Dane Cook, Larry the Cable Guy. Cant really think of any others.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
kurupt87 said:
The only comedian I really like who hasn't already been mentioned is Sean Lock, so I'll mention him.

I like Sean Lock.

Edit: Forgot David Mitchell, for shame! He's great too.
Does David Mitchell do stand up as well?

On topic Dylan Moran. Also Dylan Moran and Dylan Moran.

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
eddierigs said:
Favorites: Bo Burnham and Pablo Francisco currently.

There is no such thing as a bad comedian to me. Except Jim Gaffigan.
Blasphemy! Jim Gaffigan is hilarious...

I second the Bo Burnham, though not the Pablo Fransisco. The best: Brian Regan, Gabriel Iglesias, Carlos mencia, Mike Birbiglia, Craig Ferguson, Kevin Hart, and Jo Koy is Okay.

Flare_Dragon123

Aug 26, 2010
My favorite comedian is Christopher Titus. The man is a genius, I don't care. Go watch Norman Rockwell is Bleeding all the way through and tell me you disagree.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
CrashBang said:
Least favourite: Lee Evans. That man is fucking dreadful! Also Dane Cook but that's a given, nobody likes him
Dane Cook is hilarious. You best believe I don't change the channel when his specials are on. Him and Daniel Tosh are 2 of my favorites that I can remember. Comedy central presents had a few that I loved but I can't remember their names...

Least Favorite (of the ones I've seen) - Bo Burnham is not funny.

Warlord211

May 8, 2011
Favorite: Dimitri Martin, Dane Cook (don't know why everyone hates him, I think he is funny), Bo Burnam and Daniel Tosh

Least Favorite: Most female comedians, a lot of black comedians, Jeff Dunham (he is so terrible) and Carlos Mencia

thatguy1

Mar 1, 2010
Favorites are Demitri Martin and Steve Martin (back when he did stand-up). Here's a little gem.

Least favorite is definitely Carlos Mencia.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I have a few favorites. Mitch Hedburg is sheer genius, I love Eddie Izzard, and there's a few comedians I recognize that I really like. But I'm also quite picky about comedians, and the vast majority of random ones I couldn't care less about. Can't think of any I actively have hate for, though.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
ExaltedK9 said:
eddierigs said:
Favorites: Bo Burnham and Pablo Francisco currently.

Blasphemy! Jim Gaffigan is hilarious...

I second the Bo Burnham, though not the Pablo Fransisco. The best: Brian Regan, Gabriel Iglesias, Carlos mencia, Mike Birbiglia, Craig Ferguson, Kevin Hart, and Jo Koy is Okay.
Why did I forget Senior Fluffy?! I am ashamed of my self.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
I LOVE standup...

I'll list how i've current got in my I-Pod for favs.

Lewis Black
Mike Berbigulia (I buchered that name i bet..)
Jim Gaffigan
Ron White
Bill Cosby
Chris Titus (just released a new cd IIRC)
Mitch Hetberg
Carlos Mansina
Gabreil... something... (the "Fluffy" guy)
Alonzo Bodden
Greg Warin
Tommy Johnagin
Jon Reep
John Penitte
Foxworthy
Bill Engivel
Pablo Fransico
Larry the cable guy. (mainly from blue collor comedy. it's very.. OK at best. Not a HUGE fan)

I think that about it. Lewis Black makes me laugh the hardest, so he's my Fav.

As for least Fav... i can't remember them, i tune them off if they can't make me laugh. But, in general.. if you'll notice, there are no women in my list... And I can't, really think of one that was funny enough to make me want to buy there CD...

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
Louis CK, Bill Burr, Bill Bailey, Billy Connolly (what's up with all them Bills?), they're all very, very good.

Not so good? Jeff Dunham. Just, vaguely insulting my intelligence really.

TehKnifeh

Custard Connoisseur
Dec 26, 2008
it's really hard to itemize my favorite stand ups, but if I had to it would be in this following order :-

Lee Evans
Bill Bailey
Bill Connolly
Ed Byrne
Dara o Brian
Dylan Moran
Jimmy Carr
Russel Howard
Al Murray
Chris Eddison

... struggling to think of more but I am sure there is a good 5 or 6 more to come. honorable mention to all of the "mock the week" crew including the likes of Andy Parsons and Hugh Dennis

RiffRaff

May 5, 2009
eddierigs said:
Came here to list him as one of my favorites.

Most comediennes I don't find funny. I'm not sure why... I've just found that to be the case.

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
My favourite stand ups are Eddie Izzard and George Carlin. I can't decide who I like more.

Least favourite? Any of the stereotypical female stand ups. The ones who make only mom and PMS jokes.

EDIT: Oh shit! Almost forgot Bill Cosby!