Steam Holiday Sale Begins

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Steam Holiday Sale Begins

The holidays are here and so is the Steam Holiday Sale!

Yes, it's once again that magical time of year, when Steam puts on a ridiculous sale and we all pull out our cash, wad it up into a (hopefully) big ball and fling it at our monitors. It's the Steam Holiday Sale!

As always, there's way too much to cover completely, but highlights include the Indie Super Mega Pack [http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18778/?snr=1_4_4__808] for $69.99. Other publisher packs from Square Enix, Ubisoft, Sega, Bethesda and 2K have also been marked down and if individual games are more your speed, there are plenty of deals there too.

And this time around, instead of obsessively clicking the "refresh" button every two minutes, the new "Wishlist Notifications [http://store.steampowered.com/notifications]" will give you a heads-up when anything on your list goes on sale. Notifications can be sent via email or through the Steam mobile app, and can be turned on and off as desired.

The Hitman franchise! The Borderlands franchise! The Prince of Persia franchise! Why am I even still talking about this? The Steam Holiday Sale is live now and runs until January 5. You know what to do, and you know where to do it.

Source: Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/]

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Sad when I can no longer look forward to bundles and xmas sales because I have most of the games they sell already. lol

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Already bought several games. Arkham City + Asylum GOTYs for £7.48 total. The sands of time trilogy for about a fiver. That's a hundred hours of my time right there.

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
Oh gosh.. Must.. resist.

Steam: Resistance is futile!

...yes, videogame selling overlord. /hypnotoad

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I still have about 10 games I haven't played yet! Damn you, Steam......DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Yeah, just saw this and picked up Mirror's Edge and the 2008 Prince of Persia for just over a fiver. Looking forward to finally getting round to playing them :D

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
THE END IS NIGH! THE MAYAN'S PREDICTIONS ARE COMING TRUE! Granted there must have been some error in translation but oh well. THE DOOMSDAY BECKONS OUR WALLETS! REPENT CREDIT CARDS, REPENT! FOR YOU HAVE BEEN SPENT!
/silliness

Dammit Steam, even though I knew this day would come and tried to prep myself for it you've already gone and taken £11 pounds off me. Though I do believe that now there is no other game with which you can tempt my typing hand and wallet after this purchase and the autumn sale...

Edit:
gmaverick019 said:
unfortunately for these glorious things to be purchsed, this must happen:

You sir just posted a clip from one of the best Tom & Jerry films evar. I applaud you.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
Nooooooo :(
I'm gonna spend so much money...

even worse? I only play about half of the games I buy in those sales. The worst part? By the time I'd have played all of those games I never really played but bought anyways, I'd already have bought more games from steam! :(

*1st world problems pic*

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Ha! You cannot tempt me sir because I don't play many games and so there's nothing I want...

...actually...

... ha! you cannot tempt me sir because I cannot log in from work and buy things!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well the apocalypse is here after all.

Steam has come to suck your wallets dry.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Why are there so often news segments on Steam sales? I find that very odd. Was there one on the End of the World GOG sale and I missed it? I know you did a segment on the new Humble Bundle, so that's good, but that's also about charity, not just about promotion. It makes sense to make a news segment out of that to get more donations. Steam on the other hand does enough promoting of its own.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
'Tis the time of the year again. Just a few heads up about some of the daily deals/flash sales; Arkham City GOTY and Hitman Absolution are cheaper on Amazon. Maybe not Arkham City, I don't know the dollar price for it on Steam. Anyhow, they both activate on Steam as well.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I have set myself a $20-$25 limit this year. Unfortunately, the games I want are mostly new games that probably aren't going to be less than $30 since I already have a lot of the other things.

Borderlands 2 and Dishonored will have to wait :(

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
Giude to Steam sales(ALL OF THEM!): Buy the game you're going to play NOW!No,you're not going to just buy and play it "later",you should download that motherf*cker instantaneously and get your money's worth right now.Think of it as an on-demand service with favorable conditions such as 50% and below sales.

Captcha: no brainer - Indeed.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
First rule to any prolonged Steam Sale, never buy a game unless it's got the daily deal going on, or the final day of the sale, or already 75% off. Already I'm chomping at the bit for a few but I have to hold myself back just in case.