Steam Summer Sale 2015 after action report

Ygrez

Oct 6, 2009
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Guns of Icarus Online Collectors Edition 4-Pack
Pillars of Eternity - Champion Edition

and right now I'm thinking about getting Dragonball Xenoverse at 50% off.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
The fall of Tokyo (secret world expansion)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Legend because why the fuck not? I already own most of the games in series (although not Angel of Darkness because I'm not touching that one) so I figured I might as well spend a couple of bucks and get them. I had enough money in my steam wallet from selling cards for it.

That's it. I bought a ton of games last sale and haven't had time to play them all so I'm not stuck for games.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Valkyria Chronicles.

Could hold myself back buying more, my backlog is big enough. But actually the thing that most decided it was that my hard drive is full.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Wrack
Astebreed
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite season pass
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Freedom Planet
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Super Meat Boy
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Total = £57.33. That's actually quite a lot :|

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I just got:

- Valkyria Chronicles
- Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
- Chivalry
- Duck Game

Came out to like 30ish bucks in the end. Not bad.

Sep 9, 2007
I bought a few games on my wishlist. Turned out to be a bit more than I was expecting, tbh. The games I got were:

Highlands
Galactic Civilizations III
Interplanetary
Grey Goo
Xenonauts
Anno 2070 - Deep Ocean
Sunless Sea

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I think I spent about 100 or so? I can at least list the games I bought.

-Outcast 1.1
-Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
-Descent Freespace: The Great War
-Freespace 2
-The Longest Journey
-Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
-Dreamfall Chapters
-Hand of Fate
-Age of Wonders III + all DLC
-Rollercoaster Tycoon: Deluxe
-Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
-Grey Goo
-Harvester

Considered buying some DLC I'm missing. Like Endless Legends' DLC pack. But decided to skip and buy Arkham Knight instead.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Homeworld Remastered
Hand of Fate
Massive Chalice
All 5 Ys games

I dont remember how much that cost. Ill probably find out when my next bank statement comes along.

Now i just have to work out how the hell im going to complete 5 Falcom RPGs before DMC4: SE and Arkham Knight throw themselves in the to do pile as well.

Ishal said:
Considering getting...
- Dark Souls: PTDE
- Trails in the Sky
Both games have my reccomendation, but be prepared to do some modding to get Dark Souls working properly on PC.

ChaoshadowZero

Nov 11, 2009
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Nidhogg
Lethal League
Bully: Scholarship Edition
BattleBlock Theater

Total spent was £11.27 so not bad at all

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
gigastar said:
Homeworld Remastered
Hand of Fate
Massive Chalice
All 5 Ys games

I dont remember how much that cost. Ill probably find out when my next bank statement comes along.

Now i just have to work out how the hell im going to complete 5 Falcom RPGs before DMC4: SE and Arkham Knight throw themselves in the to do pile as well.

Ishal said:
Considering getting...
- Trails in the Sky
Both games have my reccomendation, but be prepared to do some modding to get Dark Souls working properly on PC.
I'll likely end up getting DKS. Have it for PS3, figured might as well get it for PC. Only mod I need is DSFix, right? Only other thing I'm worried about is getting hacked and having my files corrupted or some shit. That would suck.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Ishal said:
gigastar said:
Homeworld Remastered
Hand of Fate
Massive Chalice
All 5 Ys games

Ishal said:
Considering getting...
- Trails in the Sky
I'll likely end up getting DKS. Have it for PS3, figured might as well get it for PC. Only mod I need is DSFix, right? Only other thing I'm worried about is getting hacked and having my files corrupted or some shit. That would suck.
DAFix is nessesary if you want the game running in resolutions better than 720p and 60fps. Theres more youll want to do if you want things like rebindable controls (default bindings are crap if you want to use a keyboard) and the online is rife with hackers so youll probably want the PVP watchdog as well.

See here for more info; http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dark_Souls:_Prepare_to_Die_Edition

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Elfgore said:
I think I spent about 100 or so? I can at least list the games I bought.
Oh thank god, I was starting to feel alone for a moment there.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
BattleBlock Theater, Bastion, Call Juarez: Bound in Blood, Call of Juarez: The Cartel, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Castle Crashers, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Serious Sam complete collection, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Thinking of grabbing Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell before it all ends. I was certain I picked up Bully: Scholarship Edition, but it looks like it's not in my library. Oh well.

Already cleaned of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood due to it being a super solid but short FPS, Serious Sam 3 BFE trips up my failing PSU and is thus unplayable, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood I've already completed previously and know they're both really fun games (Gunslinger being far better in my opinion), S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is mean and everything is painful and I love it already.

Some games I hope to get to at a later date, namely Bastion and Vampire: The Masquerade. A lot of games I got simply because they were stupid-cheap, even though I have little intention to play them (BattleBlock Theater despite its huge critical acclaim, Castle Crashers, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon).

Some games I regret leaving behind, like The Witcher series, Transistor, Life is Strange, Telltale games, Far Cry 4, GTA V, and Watchdogs. But the price was a little too high, or I wasn't realistically going to play those games anyway. This year's sales were so-so, since the sales people cared about weren't that strong (ARK, Dark Souls), or straight up were the same as the retail price but marked up in anticipation of the sale (GTA V).

Shoutout to the Call of Duty franchise, by the way. Call of Duty 2, which came out in 2006, almost ten years ago, went on sale for $10. Black Ops 1, almost five years old now, is on sale for $40.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I was planning to spend almost $200, but some of the games I really wanted only come down just a tiny bit or not at all. But I am patient, especially with my big ass backlog.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Luckily not that much haha.
Sims 3
Grow Home
Strike Vector
Skullgirls Big Band DLC
Despair
Hitman Absolution

Which comes up to 25.37USD, I also got Lost Planet 2 but I refunded it since I didn't realize it needed GFWL, good thing steam had that refund policy haha.

SadisticBrownie

May 9, 2011
Quite gentle, I got the Metro Bundle and the last Eps 2-5 of Life is Strange, so about £15 (ish). Something close to 20 dollars I'd imagine, too late to bother converting proerly.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I spent about 30 bucks on Rocksmith 2014 DLC.

Not much A. appealed to me at B. prices I wanted that C. I couldn't find at similar prices in daily sales and whatnot (Fallout games,f or example).