Steam Summer Sale 2015 after action report

someguy1231

Apr 3, 2015
-Wolfenstein:New Order and Old Blood
-Pillars of Eternity
-Total War: Rome II

I'm a very frugal gamer, so my haul was far lower than others. Got these games for about $70 total. Not bad at all. My backlog will be full for a while, so I'm content.

Sep 14, 2009
honestly...

not a damn thing.

I thought about getting Ark, a few of my friends have it and have been slaving over it this past week and I've heard good things from a couple other people. In theory it sounds like a fun game, but the ultra-hardcoreness about it (you can die at any point in time, so when you log off after putting in 10+ hours into it to go to sleep, someone can destroy all your shit and you'll wake up with nothing again.) has completely put me off of buying it.

otherwise, I have damn near everything I want short of a few DLC's that haven't been reduced in price yet.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
I bought Homeworld Remastered and Rayman Origins/Legends. Around ~17 euro. The sales were rather mediocre this year.

Dalek Caan said:
I have some self-control, and not much money too.
Yes. *cough* Self-control. *cough*

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I only got This War of Mine ($7.99USD) so it cost me about $8.40-$9AUDish

Nothing else on my wishlist was discounted enough to warrant a purchase at this stage.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I just only bought Borderlands: the Pre Sequel the Doppelganger and Baroness character packs.

Most of the games on my wishlist were not over the 50% marks ()like Tales from the Borderlands) and I was able to resist those that were 75% cos I have been spending alot of cash lately (in preperation for the MCM expo).

The_Great_Galendo

Sep 14, 2012
Have any of you with Valkyria Chronicles tried running the game with less than the GTS 240 graphics card? It seems like the sort of game I'd like, but my graphics card isn't quite as good (a GT 320). I don't require the graphics to be all that great, but they should at least be functional (maybe at least 20 fps).

Edit: Haven't bought anything yet, but I'll likely pick up Valkyria Chronicles. Five dollars is kind of my tipping point for personally unknown but generally well-liked games I might like. Minimum specs can be a killer, though.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I doubt that I've spent more than 50 USD.
Let's see:
- Marlow Briggs
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Cities: Skylines
- Galactic Civilizations III
- Xcom: Enemy Unknown + Declassified.
Yeah, about 50 USD.

But I've also spent about the same in GOG sale, so overall it's about 100 USD.

I dubt that I'll buy anything else for another few years though, since the only things that interest me are Fallout 4 and possible expansion to GCIII. Maybe new Doom and Civ: Beyound Earth GOTY edition (if there will be one), but that is it.

Also, backlog.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Rage and Final Fantasy IV, which I only bought because I had to get something... I was mostly after GTA V and Far Cry 4, but GTA V got a shady non-sale sale and Far Cry 4 is still more expensive on sale than it would be to buy it in the stores.
Might pick up Watch_Dogs and/or Wolfenstein: The New Order later.

Edit: Ended up with The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky instead. A game that is very simular to Grandias aesthetics and Final Fantasy/Grandias combat system! Really want to play it now, but since Arkham Knight is released tomorrow I reckon it's best to wait. D:

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I finally cleared some of my wishlist, and never got above ?10 per game. Which sort of sucked because for instance The Escapists was ?10,04, like c'mon man don't tease me like that. In the end I ended up with:

- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth ?7,49.
- Papers, Please ?2,69.
- Child Of Light + This War Of Mine ?11,33.
- Startopia ?1,49.
- The Banner Saga ?4,99.
- Transistor ?4,74.
- Killer Is Dead ?3,99.
- Anno 2070 - Deep Ocean ?4,99.

Which totals at ?41,71. A pretty good haul for a nice price I'd say.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
So far:

Freedom Force
One Finger Death Punch
Legend of Korra
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
Sunless Sea

total £21.53

I intend to play all of them. My basic rule now is that I have to specifically want the game, prior to paying out for it. That should be an obvious thing to do, but it is so easy to buy stuff just because its cheap, only then to consider afterwards whether I would ever want to play the damn thing.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
The Walking Dead S1 and 2.
One Finger Death Punch.
ARMA 3 + gift copy of ARMA 3.
Saints Row IV: Game of the Century edition.
Super Meat Boy.

All in all, I'd say...roughly £50?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Waiting for a deeper cut off of a few titles (Mordor in particular) buuut I got out of this year relatively unscathed?

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2 - 14
Homeworld: Remastered Edition - 14
Metro Redux: 10
Fallout 3 GoTY (Just to have it on Steam) - 7

'bout $45 total.

Feb 26, 2014
Tomb Raider GOTY Edition
Transistor

Only two games I'm interested in. All in all cost me $10.50ish. I'm thinking of getting Hand of Fate for $12.49, but that'll be about it.

rvbnut

Jan 3, 2011
Legend of Grimrock 2
Agarest Zero
Lichdom: Battlemage
Frozen Synapse: Red
Metro Redux Bundle
The Swapper
FF IV: The After Years
Sakura Spirit
Sakura Angels
Sakura Fantasy
Life is Strange
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Yeah, weird haul. Probably about $50+. But guys, Metro is an amazing series. The games are so good!!! :D

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Alice Madness Returns
Crusader Kings II
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
Roundabout
Ori and the Blind Forest,
Resident Evil 5,
Age of Empires II,
NEKOPARA Vol. 1,
Kung Fury: Street Rage
Supreme Commander 2
Grow Home
The Talos Principle
Far Cry 2
Child of Light
Apotheon
LEGO Indiana Jones
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition
Rock of Ages
LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean The Video Game
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Outlast

And various DLC/other content. I'd say about ?110-120 in total. Ouch.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Banished
Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Deluxe Edition
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Command and Conquer: Kane's Wrath
Skullgirls + DLC
Door Kickers
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Complete Pack
Valkyria Chronicles
LEGO Lord of the Rings
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
LEGO Harry Potter
Hitman Contracts
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Premium Edition
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Jurassic Park

Total Price: £92.23

Certainly not too bad. The Lego games were the biggest lot, should keep my and my girlfriend entertained for a good while. Jurassic World I was astonished by the price, got it for about £18 on launch day!

Currently biggest waste was Amalur as it doesn't work on my computer (Oxc000007b error, one I have tried to fix for ages but not dice), and Door Kickers is pretty a pretty underwhelming tactical game for all the praise it gets, but overall quite happy and not gone as spend crazy as previous sales, mostly due to only having a part time job right now. Download time has been the kicker though, on my 220KB/s DL speed, gonna take a looooooooong time to finish these off.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Mine wasn't really extensive, but I did spend a tad more than I'd expected.

Not more than I'm comfortable with, mind you, just more than I thought I would going in.

Purchased for myself:
Apotheon
Castle Crashers
Dishonored
Grey Goo
Homeworld: Remastered Collection
Oblitus
Offworld Trading Company
Rayman Origins
Reprisal Universe
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Purchased for others:

Castle Crashers - 4 pack
Terraria - 4 pack
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

All told, my bank account was drained of approximately $110. Not too shabby.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Urgh, don't remind me, spent way too much. I don't even want to think about the steam sale, I am still suffering from Steam Sale hangover. It was probably those russian RPGs/space sims... I even indulged in a little hair of the dog this morning. D: