Steam Summer Sale 2016 After Action Report

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
So it's that time of year again, the Steam Summer Sale has come and gone (well, it's the last day, but close enough) and as always many of us are now quite a bit of money shorter in our pockets.

As with every year for the past 4 years I'll start with my after action report (otherwise known as "what I wasted my money on"):

-Serious Sam Double D
-Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
-Serious Sam Legend of the Beast DLC
-Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile
-Serious Sam 3: BFE Bonus Pack
-Serious Sam Classics: Revolution
-Bioshock 2 (as part of the trilogy bundle, the dynamic pricing made it 2$ less)
-Witcher 3 Expansion Pass
-Witcher 3 (as part of the trilogy bundle, which made it 3$ less then the game alone due to dynamic pricing)
-Solarix
Audiosurf 2
-Broforce
-Total Annihilation
-Blitzkrieg Anthology
-eden
-Impossible Creatures
-Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
-Sakura Fantasy Chapter 1 (don't judge me)
-Turko
-The Sun and Moon
-Star Wars: Galactic Battleground Saga
-Neptunia U
-Hyperdevotion Noir
-all 31 Hyperdevotion Noir DLC

Grand total damage: $158.60 ($121.40US) 21 games and 36 DLC

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
- Karaski: What Goes Up...

Grand total damage: 6.29 GBP ($8.39 US) 1 game

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Deluxe Edition) - $58.48
Bulletstorm - $4.99
Doom 2016 - $35.99 (Refunded)

Total - $63.47, 2 Games, 1 DLC Bundle

Came through this one pretty intact. Will probably give Steam a good once over just to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I think I'm good to go.

The sales seem pretty nice this Summer. I just already have everything I want.

Zontar said:
-Broforce
It's always good to know there's another Bro out there fighting for justice and liberty.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I bought-
Dex
Dead Star bundle (all DLC)
Touchlight 2
Costume Quest 2
Freedom Planet OST
Tales from the Borderlands

Total ?25.90

HOWEVER I had ?9.36 in my wallet cos my bro got me ?20 of Steam card so technically it was ?16.54!!

As expected out of the bought games, I had only played Dead Star so far (I'm enjoying it for what it is, I still get some reward despite losing! While others are playing Overwatch, I am playing Dead Star!).

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Undertale
The Consuming Shadow
System Shock 2

which totalled ?10.12 when all three are usually ?6.99 by themselves. Given that I usually don't buy anything during the sale that's good for me.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Only one this year: Satellite Reign at $12 NZ, so about $8.60 US.

Game I've had an eye on, I have too much of a backlog that I promised I would only buy one title, and this one won it out for me as I don't have any other game like it. Loved Syndicate as a kid, so this seemed like a no brainer :)

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
Duck Game 4 pack
3 copies of Ultimate Chicken Horse
The remainder of the 100% Orange Juice DLC

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I ended up buying mostly games I had for my 360 that I don't have anymore.
1. Dishonored
2. Bioshock Triple Pack
3. Call of Duty 2
4. Witcher Blood and Wine

I'm still considering a few things so if anyone could offer their opinion that would be cool
Divinity Original Sin
The Cat Lady
Lords of the Fallen
Project Cars
Sniper Elite 3
Soma

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Prototype and Prototype 2.

I would've bought more, but then some asshole stole $550 out of my checking account, and I can't fix it until Tuesday...after the sale is over.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Bioshock 1 $4.37
Bioshock 2 $4.37
Far Cry 3-Deluze $8.22
Stardew Valley $13.17
Tax $2.67

TOTAL $30.13
My bank account feels more hollow now....

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Evonisia said:
Undertale
The Consuming Shadow
System Shock 2

which totalled ?10.12 when all three are usually ?6.99 by themselves. Given that I usually don't buy anything during the sale that's good for me.
They got me on Undertale. So far so good. Hope you find it fun as well.

Been wanting GTA 5 for PC so I can mod the heck out of it.

But the game I'm liking the best so far? Dreamfall Chapters. What a beautiful hoot! Gotta play some more before a final judgment.

After that, loved the last Tomb Raider. Just need this new one to dip to about $20.

Dragon's Dogma tempting but, pass for now.

Link90

Aug 10, 2009
Castlevania Lords of shadow trilogy and the dlc for lord of shadows 2
far harbor dlc for fallout 4
Taxes=$0.00
returned
dishonored
shadow of mordor

i really enjoyed castlevania too not to shabby will pass on the rest until the winter sale

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I only bought a couple of the classic Sonic games. The game I really wanted wasn't put on sale. I considered Fallout 4, but then I considered what I heard about how they dumbed down the dialogue system and thought "Nope. Too shallow, not interested."

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
War For The Overworld Gold Edition $24.29 USD
The Deer (A joke gift for a friend) $0.52 USD
Baldur's Gate: The Complete Saga $32.37 USD

Total Damage $57.18 USD

I considered seeing if the Just Cause 3 DLC were on sale but then I remembered that it got boring after a few hours so I decided to pass on them
I think I spent 2 or 3 times that amount last year, but this year I'm half way through saving for a 4k monitor so I had to cull my desires a bit

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
SlumlordThanatos said:
Prototype and Prototype 2.

I would've bought more, but then some asshole stole $550 out of my checking account, and I can't fix it until Tuesday...after the sale is over.
I know exactly what you're going through. Is there any particular game you really really want? I could gift it to ya.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Arnoxthe1 said:
I know exactly what you're going through. Is there any particular game you really really want? I could gift it to ya.
The funny thing is that I only found out about it when I tried to buy Dark Souls 3 and my card was declined.

But there isn't anything that I can think of that I really, really want. My library is still pretty backlogged anyway; I've been too busy playing other Souls games and Overwatch in order to catch up.

I appreciate the offer, though. Thanks!

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
All three Dark Souls games. Figured it was about time I played this series. Currently loving the first game. The world is possibly the best designed I've ever seen with a really great Metroidvania vibe. Having just gotten to Anor Londo, I can honestly say this game has some of the best vistas I've ever seen. So far, my favourite fight has been the two Gargoyels, if only because it felt impossible the first few times I tried to beat them. Quelaag has taken me the longest out of the bosses so far because it took me quite a while to spot her tell for the explosion move. I remember when the game first came out, people were ranting about the Kapra demon, but I actually beat him on my first try.

I also bought Dust: An Elysian Tale, but Dark Souls and Overwatch are currently getting all my time.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Ezekiel said:
Nothing.

Almost bought Spec Ops: The Line, but the demo convinced me otherwise.
Considered buying RE6, but knew such a poor game wasn't worth playing through again.
Considered Dragon's Dogma, but I already played it on PlayStation and the dialogue and presentation were cheap and embarrassing.
Considered Rise of the Tomb Raider, but I'm gonna keep waiting for a lower price. The first game was poor and the protagonist unlikable.

I have pretty much every game I want on Steam.
Don't buy Spec Ops for the game play. It's pretty bad. Buy it for the story (I.e. cheap)