Steam to Decimate Wallets with Daily Deals

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Steam to Decimate Wallets with Daily Deals

Valve has ramped up its sustained assault on your bank balance.

Pretty much everyone knows that you can get some great deals on Steam if you wait for the sales, scooping up games for a mere fraction of what they'd usually cost. But in a move sure to terrify wallets everywhere, Valve has decided that its Steam sales don't come often enough, and is having a small one every day.

Valve has announced its new "Daily Deals" scheme. As the name suggest every day a different game will be up for grabs at a different rate. Each sale will go on for 24 hours, so you can check at your leisure, rather than having to race to get to it. The day's deal will show up on the front page of Steam, as well as Steam's Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/Steam] and Twitter [http://twitter.com/#!/steam_games] pages. At time of writing, the game on offer is Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, which has had a whopping 75% cut off its price. If that's not to your taste, the next deal comes round at 6PM GMT, or 1PM EST.

This is a great opportunity for gamers to grab some games that they might have missed in the past, or to try out something that they might ordinarily have passed on. That impulse buy isn't such a big deal when it only costs a few bucks, and you never know, you might find something that you didn't know you liked.

Source: Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/news/5468/]

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Well, now I know who to blame when I can't pay my rent next month.

That said, I already own like 85% of the stuff on Steam that I'd buy, even on sale, so I'm not terribly excited about it. I quite like the idea, and I'm sure I'll use it a lot, I just wish they had done this two years ago.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
*sigh* I guess Valve are determined to eat a massive hole in my economy...

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
SHEIT!!! i has no moneh!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But, this is a great deal for all us, so i'm happy... just so long as i don't miss the games i want while i have no funds =(

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Sorry mom. I'll be living with with you for a couple of years now. You pay food, I pay games, deal?

warboss5

Mar 17, 2010
On top of eating ALL of my spare money, Steam is now making me paranoid! I don't dare buy a game for fear it will be on sale 75% off the next day o_O

Kazedarkwind

Inner Working Reviewer
Nov 18, 2009
Vibhor said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Valve has ramped up its sustained assault on your back balance.
I don't quite understand the back balance part.
well see you have had to compensate for having so much money in your wallet while walking. Now that you won't have as much you'll be out of alignment.

or you know a typo too.

OT: love it! however i don't know how much its gonna do me as i own a large amount of steam as it is haha.

Gregg Lonsdale

Jan 14, 2011
Sounds good, except now I'll always be afraid to buy a steam game on any ordinary day, lest it be on sale the very next. Seems like the kind of thing that would happen.

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
part of me wants to be sarcastic and say -

But seriously, this is awesome. Steam has always been one of the leading distributor of PC games for us for a while, at discount prices: glad to see that's continuing :D

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
Well... it's not like I wanted to eat anyway... in all seriousness though this is actually pretty great for me, I just quit World of Warcraft and I would like to start expanding my taste in games, and I would actually like some new games to fill up the great big hole left by not having to grind any longer, so go Steam!

EDIT: I just looked at the limited space on my Desktop and I'm now wondering what I'm gonna have to delete in order to make space for the incoming wave of new games.