Stereotypes that you prove.

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
Ummm... I fit a lot of white, overweight nerd stereotypes (except I'm at least working on the overweight part). DND, Magic, computer science student, avid gamer.
I don't fit the southern stereotypes, though. I am meh with sweet tea, I hate NASCAR(They're making a left turn!), and grits are only good if they got so much other stuff with them, they are kind of an afterthought.
We have one guy at our table who not only fits some stereotypes, he embraces them. He's black and he loves fried chicken, watermelon, and grape juice, for example.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Wakikifudge said:
I prove the stereotype of all Canadians being nice. Seriously this joke would apply to me:
How do you find a Canadian in a dark room filled with Americans? Step on everyone's feet until someone apologizes to you.
So in theory, this would happen?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
DanielBrown said:
Damnit. Started out so great!
I was born with blonde hair and blue eyes though.
Most everyone is, then their hair darkens and the eyes develop. That was why at one point there was a myth that people who still had blue eyes had inferior vision.

airlife101

Jul 23, 2011
Englishmen drink tea in the afternoon (and pretty much any time), reminisce about the days of the Empire and wearing top hats.

Well, maybe not the latter. But the first two are true in my case.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
I'm a Brit who loves some good ol' fashioned tea, and I like to think that I speak with proper grammar. Ignore the aforementioned 'good ol'.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
TheRussian said:
Lets see, I'm an ex-Soviet so:
I like Vodka - True
I like shooting guns - True
I like curvy women - True
I cuss people out in Russian - True
I do crazy shit and get away with it - True
I'm a communist - False
I got a bone to pick with you soviets.

Which one of you vodka swilling psychopaths thought it was a good idea to use explosives to make a helicopter "safer" to eject out of?

Emperor Nat

Jun 15, 2011
Single, slightly scrawny, middle-class white guy with glasses and a casual interest in technology and science.
I write fantasy fiction for fun, as well as playing a lot of RPGs and retro games. I'm also pretty interested in DnD.

I AM NERD. *Fistpump*

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
That the weird loners at school are bound to have school shooting fantasies...

Or that Brits have bad teeth.

stvncpr236

Jan 11, 2011
daftalchemist said:
Dags90 said:
daftalchemist said:
My boyfriend and I are both from NJ, now living in Arizona. We had a moment one day while at the gas station (pumping our own gas, le sigh) where we wondered what vocation parents use to threaten their kids with into doing better in school here. In NJ it's always "you're going to be pumping gas someday if you don't get your ass in gear!", so what do people threaten in states where you have to pump your own gas?
I think "flipping burgers" is the usual standby. I'm not looking forward to my first gas pumping experience. I'm going to be that weird guy who's reading the directions. And I can't shake the feeling that the smell would get in my clothes.
Oh, but it's so thrilling! First, you get to hope and pray that there's even a pump open. Then, your debit card gets declined for no reason as usual. Then, you use your credit card instead. Then, it wants to know your zip code/pin number/birth date/social/mother's maiden name/do you have a Fry's card/would you like to use your Fry's card (I'm serious about the Fry's card part, and I don't get it, except that the gas prices at my local station skyrocketed once they partnered with the Fry's card thing). Then, you get to pump the gas, and it won't stop on its own when the tank is full (no matter what the pump says about it stopping on its own), so you'll waste about a dollar on the ground. And if you have cash, you get to go inside and wait in line to pay for your gas before you're even allowed to pump it while your car sits outside at the pump completely unattended! It's like the best thing EVER! Which is why I make my boyfriend do it.
Me personally I love pumping gas for the smell. If only there was some way I could carry that smell around with me all day and inhale those fumes anytime I wanted to.....oh wait.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
TheRussian said:
Lets see, I'm an ex-Soviet so:
I like Vodka - True
I like shooting guns - True
I like curvy women - True
I cuss people out in Russian - True
I do crazy shit and get away with it - True
I'm a communist - False
I got a bone to pick with you soviets.

Which one of you vodka swilling psychopaths thought it was a good idea to use explosives to make a helicopter "safer" to eject out of?
Hey don't look at us, the Third Reich is responsible for explosive ejections:

Jeebz

Jan 14, 2009
Jak LesStrange said:
I have reasonably large teeth, a distinct love of fish and chips and a strong dislike of chavs. What am I?
An english bloke living in birmingham? lol

Myself, white, long haired south african

long hair:

Likes metal and or rock, own a guitar, play a guitar, in a band, thin

White south african:

racist, arrogant ( a common australian opinion...which is a tad ironic ) likes beer, a rugby supporter, fan of braais

Yep, I am all of those but 1

Jeebz

Jan 14, 2009
Jak LesStrange said:
I have reasonably large teeth, a distinct love of fish and chips and a strong dislike of chavs. What am I?
An english bloke living in birmingham? lol

Myself, white, long haired south african

long hair:

Likes metal and or rock, own a guitar, play a guitar, in a band, thin

White south african:

racist, arrogant ( a common australian opinion...which is a tad ironic ) likes beer, a rugby supporter, fan of braais

Yep, I am all of those but 1

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Gamblerjoe said:
LarenzoAOG said:
Ummm.... I got nothing, can someone help me out? I honestly don't know that many stereotypes, I'm from the American South, I grew up in Germany, and I'm a man that looks white.

Can anyone supply me with some stereotypes so I can see if they apply?
There is a stereotype that sais people from the south are poorly educated and extremely religious. No offense, its just an existing stereotype. It can be counteracted by the stereotype that Germans are intelligent and meticulous (at least when it comes to math and science.)
Don't want to toot my own horn but I am smarter than most of my peers, not overly religous more agnostic theist or deist really, so those are out the window.

I'm kind of meticulous although that only applies to things like what order my books/DVDs/videogames go in, so not sure that applies either. Also I hate math.

the.gill123

Jun 12, 2011
I'm English and I LOVE tea, and drink about 5 pints a day (I have very large mugs). I think that's the only stereotype I currently prove.