Steve Jobs Is a Vindictive Weenie, Says EA Founder

CLC Akira

Jul 6, 2011
HBaskerville said:
The only thing more irritating that the Cult of Apple people are the Cult of I HATE Apple people. It's like the people that brag about not having a TV or about being vegan. Good for you, but no one else cares. The same people (nerds) that mock sports fanatics insert themselves into the middle of corporate competition in the exact same way.

I'm all for caring a lot about something - that's what being a nerd is all about. The part that baffles me is that instead of being excited about what you like you focus negatively on what you don't like. You really care about what Apple does? Why? They have no where near a monopoly on anything in tech. Lots of people buy their stuff and love it. Does that bother you? Should it?

If you want to be worried about a tech company and the way it does business, be wary of Google. They actually have a monopoly on search and sell your information to anyone and everyone.

I know that it is deemed cool to not like the popular thing and that it is scary when your secret thing (internet, gaming, tech, etc) moves out of the basement and into the mainstream. So, be cool.
I think it boils down to one thing. People hate to see others succeed. When a company starts to do well or make money they have "sold out". Is it ironic that Trip has a digital games company and the biggest platform for said games is the iphone. Sounds to me like someone is a little bitter.

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
"Their userbase is exactly like the Audience in the 1984 ad"

Oh My fucking goodness, WHY HASN'T ANYONE SAID THAT UP TO THIS POINT?!?!?!

Ahem... Pardon my Apple bashing. Though we need a mac for my Brothers music school (though even he is annoyed that he NEEDS one)

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Well, we all know whose company proven to be the most successful. It's just a rant of some loser who cannot face the fact that his ideas were nothing compared to Steve Jobs' ones.

Sadly, the I agree with him about one thing - Apple will lose a lot in upcoming times. Unluckily Steve Jobs is the visionary powering and overseeing the whole company even when he's on a leave, and when he is be gone (which can happen faster than it should normally because of his health after fight with cancer) there will be nobody preventing the company from turning into another just another Sony or Microsoft.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
HaraDaya said:
I always enjoy some Apple bashing. It's always been so delightfully ironic how they have become what their first ad was rebelling against, it pisses Apple fans right off when you tell them that.
Closed platforms are not the way to go, it only hinders any user development of their stuff. Arrogant bastards.
Precisely what I think about Apple!
It's still unbelievable to me that people don't realise Macs are overpriced hardware-restricted PCs with last-gen components that run Mac OS (an OS that's just as restrictive, that you can still install on a PC via... diverted ways...) and have an Apple logo on it. Same thing with the iPhone, iPad and iPod.
Jesus H. Christ, don't these people understand that the 1984 ad is ironic? Or are these the people that don't understand what "irony" means?
nadesico33 said:
Personally, some of the, admittedly limited, amount of coverage I read of the MacDefender incident was incredibly comical. Anyone who's browsed the internet on Windows for any period has seen the antivirus popup scheme before, and knows to avoid it like the plague. And Mac users that got hit actually fell for that thing, meaning that some of them never learned safe-browsing practices. XD
This is precisely how I picture most Mac users that believe the PR-marketing bullshit: people who bought a Mac because they got viruses on a PC, due to their lack of actually TRYING to learn how to use a computer properly, i.e. safe browsing practices.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
rosac said:
I can see his point, but apple has become such a juggernaut of a company its unreal. It'll take a helluva lot to kill it.
Indeed, that's why you simply wait for it to kill itself from the inside. Stevey boy hasn't got long in him now, once that happens, it will be all downhill.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Dak_N_Jaxter said:
Why does EA keep saying things.
It's starting to get a little tiresome.
Technically, he's not EA, he left sometime before the... Current unpleasantness.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
A personal attack from the founder of EA?

Riiiight. I don't care for Apple. I don't hate them, I frankly have no opinion. EA, though? Yeah...

My advice is get your own company back on track before you start worrying about others'.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Edit: I forgot I was sharing this computer and was logged into someone else's account. Disregard this post.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Krantos said:
A personal attack from the founder of EA?

Riiiight. I don't care for Apple. I don't hate them, I frankly have no opinion. EA, though? Yeah...

My advice is get your own company back on track before you start worrying about others'.
Founder of EA. Founder! People need to learn to comprehend the friggin article they're readin before postin.

On topic. Really he said all that needs to be said. Apple is almost entirely built around Steve Jobs at this point. If he is about to make a bad decision, the company has no one in it left that will look him right in the eye and go "Dude...that is the most retarded thing ever. Quit it." I'd be amused to see what would happen to Apple if he ever took a vacation for a month.